Petrolman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Just some short history. I've spent the last three days agonizing over parts for a new system and today I thought I finally had things all nailed down.

I had thought I was going to go ahead and invest in the HP LP2475W; the reviews were generally glowing with the exception being the color saturation issues. Having always used TN panels, I figured I'd go check around town and see if there were any VA or IPS for comparison purposes. Well, there weren't but I saw a Samsung T240 and I'll be damned if it didn't look pretty good. Even worse, the angle problem didn't seem so bad that it would ruin the screen viewing experience. And the worst part, I found the T260 on Amazon.com for $349 after a $100 rebate. The HP is going to cost roughly $200 more.

Now here's the dilemma: research has crippled me. Reviews vary pretty wildly across the internet and it's hard to tell who to trust. Xbitlabs dislikes the T260, although they seem to hate all TNs. TFTCentral really loves the HP. Users generally love the T260 and the HP, though some have had color shift issues and text reading problems with the HP. Before I go off on an ever growing list of pros and cons I'm going to just ask for some help.

My original plan was to just pick up a nice, large screen that might do double duty as a TV. Either one would work, although the T260HD (has a tuner card) would be easier. But getting a box from the cable company wouldn't be difficult either. I need to stop rambling... but I would greatly appreciate some help. Hell, if you have another recommendation, let me know. My only real requirement is a decent 24"+.

Thanks in advance,

PetrolMan

I've owned some decent TN panels, and they aren't terrible, no matter what some people will tell you. However, they definitely will not match a good non-TN panel if you have the cash. I have a Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP, and I absolutely love it. I really can't go back to TN anymore after having had this monitor.

Petrolman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I've looked at that but for some reason I was thinking it was out of stock. It's actually available and for a good 30-50 dollars less than the HP. Hmm...