  • Permissions
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 28, 2005 10:58:03 AM

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to our server. The error message reads:
Fileserver\data is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have permissions. The network path was not found.'

I have access to the fileserver and i don't know how to designate
permissions. all there is a wizard giving me the option to either create a
new network or connect to network / pc. i have gone into each of these and
have tried everything.

Can anyone please suggest something. Thanks. Desperate situation.

More about : connect server

July 28, 2005 4:56:39 PM

p wrote:

> Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to our server. The error message
> reads: Fileserver\data is not accessible. You might not have
> permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
> this server to find out if you have permissions. The network path was
> not found.'
>
> I have access to the fileserver and i don't know how to designate
> permissions. all there is a wizard giving me the option to either
> create a new network or connect to network / pc. i have gone into each
> of these and have tried everything.
>
> Can anyone please suggest something. Thanks. Desperate situation.

What operating system is the server running? What is the network setup
(ethernet, wireless, etc.)? What version of XP is your workstation
running - Home or Pro and what Service Pack level?

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers