[40k][WHFB] Wood elves, raveners and tyrant guard

16 answers Last reply
More about whfb wood elves raveners tyrant guard

    jockelinde wrote:
    > Wood elves:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521

    Not too shabby. Are those plastic or metal?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message

    > Raveners:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5492

    oh, these are nice. a vast improvement on the ugly first generation with
    its oversized talons and underbite.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <slrnd5kbib.u12.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>, jockelinde,
    nouser@notmydomain.se Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

    > Raveners:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5492

    I really like the new body style, but the limbs don't much appeal
    to me. I like the 'Red Terror' feel to it with 6 limbs (gee - now like
    the other nids who predominately have 6 limbs). I don't know why GW
    feels it has to keep reinventing the wheel - to my taste, this model
    would look better if they used the large talons from the monstrous
    creatures sprue for the upper set, the medium talons from the plastic
    warriors for the middle set, and gaunt talons for the lowest set. Ah
    well, leave it to GW to create yet another model where the body is now
    more consistant with the main Nid style, but the limbs are less
    consistant.

    > Tyrant guard:
    > http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/default.htm

    I still loathe this model. The concept has potential, but the
    final result falls far short. If they'd have made it so that the
    model's legs and fore-limbs were as bulked out as the middle limbs, and
    given it a more up-right pose, I could buy it as a bullet shield for
    monstrous creatures, but these things are only going to cover a tyrant's
    legs. Dumb. Between that and the lose of the rending claw, lash-whip,
    and spine fist options this thing just gets LESS appealing by the
    minute.

    Myrmidon

    #1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
    much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

    - Eric Noland

    # 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
    raise a Warhammer army

    - Roy Cox

    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

    ****

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    jockelinde <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message news:<slrnd5kbib.u12.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>...
    > Wood elves:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521

    Nice; not too keen on some of the hairstyles (one of which seems to be
    going for a Native American look that doesn't suit the rest of the
    model), but if these are the plastics as they seem to be they have by
    far the best plastic Elven faces GW has done. They're certainly
    well-detailed, but they don't look as though they'd sit that well
    alongside an army of 5th Ed. models as the armour style's too
    different.

    > Raveners:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5492

    Aside from the silliness of the Ripper-ended tails, how are these
    different from the current one?

    > Tyrant guard:
    > http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/default.htm

    I still like this, even if it is too small for its apparent role.

    Philip Bowles
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message

    >> Tyrant guard:
    >> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/default.htm
    >>
    > I still loathe this model. The concept has potential, but the
    > final result falls far short. If they'd have made it so that the
    > model's legs and fore-limbs were as bulked out as the middle limbs, and
    > given it a more up-right pose, I could buy it as a bullet shield for
    > monstrous creatures, but these things are only going to cover a tyrant's
    > legs. Dumb.

    I can imagine it rearing up to defend its boss, at least against close-range
    attacks. it may not be all that great a model but it IS an improvement on
    the old ones.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message

    > Wood elves:

    Duck and cover! Isn't this the first sign of the apocalypse?
    --
    Jon Hedge,
    "The chances are, I said it in jest."

    RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <425a8de4$0$30500$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>, Jon Hedge wrote:

    > "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Wood elves:
    >
    > Duck and cover! Isn't this the first sign of the apocalypse?

    Nah, don't worry. It's only the first sign of the end of 6th ed.

    --
    Joakim
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On 11 Apr 2005 17:09:33 GMT, jockelinde <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote:

    >In article <425a8de4$0$30500$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
    > Jon Hedge wrote:
    >>
    >> "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Wood elves:
    >>
    >> Duck and cover! Isn't this the first sign of the apocalypse?
    >
    >Nah, don't worry. It's only the first sign of the end of 6th ed.

    2007 for 7th Edition. Mark it.
    -Erik
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
    > jockelinde <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
    >> Raveners:
    >> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5492
    >
    > Aside from the silliness of the Ripper-ended tails, how are these
    > different from the current one?

    they're a little better-proportioned; they don't have the outsized talons or
    the daft-looking lower jaws. although, it is also fair to say that the
    studio's new tyranid paint scheme improves overall appearances enormously.

    >> Tyrant guard:
    >> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer40000/default.htm
    >
    > I still like this, even if it is too small for its apparent role.

    yeah, I think it's a nice enough figure, just not terribly well-suited to
    its supposed game role.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Wood elves:
    > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521

    Please tell me those half masks arn't moulded straight onto the head.....

    Apart from that and the painjob those were pretty good.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Wood elves:
    >> http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521
    >
    > Please tell me those half masks arn't moulded straight onto the head.....
    >
    > Apart from that and the painjob those were pretty good.
    You mean there half Gladiator masks, next up will be a hero who lost his
    wife and children...

    --
    estarriol
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:<425b6800$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au>...
    > > Wood elves:
    > > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521
    >
    > Please tell me those half masks arn't moulded straight onto the head.....

    I don't actually mind them, I just hope they aren't found across the
    whole range and have some kind of justification. I don't know of any
    real-world equivalents, but as someone on Dakka pointed out they could
    be explained away as a lightweight faceguard to protect the region of
    the archer's face exposed to the enemy (doesn't work for Glade Guard,
    though). I wonder how they stay attached, though.

    > Apart from that and the painjob those were pretty good.

    Yep, the paintjob is horrible.

    Philip Bowles
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > "elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >> > Wood elves:
    >> > http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5521
    >>
    >> Please tell me those half masks arn't moulded straight onto the head.....
    >
    > I don't actually mind them, I just hope they aren't found across the
    > whole range and have some kind of justification. I don't know of any
    > real-world equivalents, but as someone on Dakka pointed out they could
    > be explained away as a lightweight faceguard to protect the region of
    > the archer's face exposed to the enemy (doesn't work for Glade Guard,
    > though). I wonder how they stay attached, though.

    Ummm as an archer your full face is towards the enemy, otherwise the
    bowstring would strip your nose off!

    --
    estarriol
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Glade guard:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpg

    --
    Joakim
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    jockelinde <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message news:<slrnd5th2p.mjc.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>...
    > Glade guard:
    > http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpg

    Look like zombie pirates to me. I've changed my mind - I don't want a
    Luthor Harkon figure after all if he's based on these (especially if
    he's the leader character with a suspicious resemblance to the bad guy
    from Pirates of the Carribean - Harkon's too important a character in
    fluff terms to be a mere RoR leader, as the caption on the website
    suggests). And why does one have wings?

    Oh, there are the "Glade Guard" - Glade Guard with bows, no less.
    These are actually in a decent colour scheme, and IMO they look great
    (masks or no masks). Love the cloaks and the new bow design, though
    I'm not sure about the standard (I may be ordering yet more of one of
    my favourite conversion pieces - the 5th Ed. stag skull standard top).

    Philip Bowles
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <587631d1.0504162022.6f8b79cc@posting.google.com>, Philip Bowles wrote:
    > jockelinde <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message news:<slrnd5th2p.mjc.nouser@crux.id.gu.se>...
    >> Glade guard:
    >> http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpg