Recently I have been experiencing some BSOD problems. The BSODs only occur when I am opening video programs, e.g. games and movie editing software. I am still able to run processor intensive programs such as AutoCAD. Some software still works when I am using the integrated graphics. Would it be power supply? Drivers? I would be able to supply .dmp files if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Processor - i7 2670QM @ 2.2 GHz
- Graphics card - Nvidia Geforce gt 540m 1024 mb
- RAM - 8.00 Gb DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS)
- Hard Drive - 500GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
- Display - 15.6” HD+ 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1600x900)
- Sager NP5160/Clevo W150HM
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Keep an eye on the problem for a week or so. I had a GPU that was slowly dieing, so I had days where nothing went wrong, and days I would BSOD within minutes. Watch for reoccurance of this issue, just in case.
Yeah, it was only a very temporary solution. Whenever I install Nvidia drivers, it starts bluescreening. However, the standard windows drivers work fine, albiet slower. I have been trying some more troubleshooting, and it still isn't working.