Ceramcoat Paint- an attempt at sub...

So doing a google group search turned to be pointless as the few
charts from fellow players had disappeared to oblivion. Worst the way
back machine did not even save a copy (front page yes, but not the
ones we needed)

Anywoo, not to be outdone, I underwent a crazy pursuit to match the
paints from swatches online (I know they lack true definition, but
made a good starting point)

GW to Ceramcoat
GW Paint Ceramcoat
Drawf Flesh 2127 Dark FleshSemi-Opaque – Needs drop of Orange
Goblin Green 2009 Seminole GreenOpaque
Bleached Bone 2092 Old ParchmentOpaque
Liche Purple 2048 GrapeSemi-Opaque
Red Gore 2020 Red Iron OxideOpaque (All reds are a bit off)
Rotting Flesh 2567 ChamomileOpaque – Needs drop of white – still not
really
close
Tentacle Pink 2018 Indiana RoseOpaque – needs a drop of red to
darken it
Ultramarine Blue 2502 Phthalo BlueTransparent
Warlock Purple 2130 Sweetheart BlushTransparent

http://www.deltacrafts.com/Paint/Ceramcoat/techniques/CmcColorChart.asp

"Scoot" <Scoot@spam.ca> wrote in message
> So doing a google group search turned to be pointless as the few
> charts from fellow players had disappeared to oblivion. Worst the way
> back machine did not even save a copy (front page yes, but not the
> ones we needed)
>
> Anywoo, not to be outdone, I underwent a crazy pursuit to match the
> paints from swatches online (I know they lack true definition, but
> made a good starting point)

I use Ceramcoat paints almost exclusively in my painting biz and one thing I
like the most is the opportunity to mix colors to match what I'm experienced
using. I used the old Polly-S fantasy paint range from the mid-80s until I
exhausted my supply - but now I mix almost the exact same colors using
Ceramcoat. So my preferred 'orc flesh' is the Polly-s color of the same
name and my preferred mid-brown is 'Centaur brown' - but hand-mixed from
Ceramcoat as often as necessary to keep the original glass bottles full.
Ditto for old Partha paint colors I'm partial to - like Dragon scale red and
Dragon scale blue. And when Polly-S was replaced with Polly-scale I had to
begin hand-mixing once-available colors like Venetian dull red and Japanese
Green (62).

So, my advice is to try to hand-mix the shades you want rather than search
for exact matches - especially as Ceramcoat drops colors from their current
range with enough frequency that I'm now hand-mixing colors to match old
Ceramcoat swatches I prefer to use! <grin> Just use toothpicks to
dispatch drops of paint into your mixing bottles and work slowly and you'll
get colors close enough to your needs.

Good luck.

--
MJB