Not allow "disconnect" from Remote Session

Is it possible to not allow a "disconnect" from a remote desktop session? My
problem is is that one of my users commonly disconnects from his session and
the computer remains locked. All is fine until I want to use the computer
and cannot because it is locked and I don't know if it's locked because it is
in use or because he just didn't "logout" instead he disconnected. He thinks
that he is logging out but I am pretty sure he is disconnecting instead by
hitting the "X" on the remote desktop window.

Also, is this applicable to terminal server? I am looking at setting one up
and would not like the users to remain logged in after the disconnect...so as
not to take up too many other resources on the system.

Thanks for your help,
Jason Ryon

Just to let you know that you will need Windows server 2000/2003 for setting
up a "true" Terminal Server, now known as Remote Desktop.