Unreleased 40K models

On 14 Apr 2005 08:35:02 -0700, "Chris Valera"
<grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
>
>http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
>
>--Chris

I like Fitz's DE concepts, except the head with the pom-poms. Replace
that, and you have a nice set of figs.

The Genestealer Magus is pretty cool, as is the IG General. The
Servitors are pretty cool, not as boring as the current models.

The BA Scout is nice. Would've been nice to see a box of BA Scouts.

That Noise Marine backpack would've made for some awesome conversions.

Don't count out the Space Slann, they do have a picture of a
lizard/frog-looking alien in the rulebook labeled "Slanni".

Not a big fan of the pirate.

That Termagant looks about as bad as the RT era Termagants in
production did.

Interesting models. I think some of those could have sold.
-Erik

"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 14 Apr 2005 08:35:02 -0700, "Chris Valera"
> <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
> >
> >http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
> >
> >--Chris
>
> I like Fitz's DE concepts, except the head with the pom-poms. Replace
> that, and you have a nice set of figs.
>
> The Genestealer Magus is pretty cool, as is the IG General. The
> Servitors are pretty cool, not as boring as the current models.
>
> The BA Scout is nice. Would've been nice to see a box of BA Scouts.
>
> That Noise Marine backpack would've made for some awesome conversions.
>
> Don't count out the Space Slann, they do have a picture of a
> lizard/frog-looking alien in the rulebook labeled "Slanni".
>
> Not a big fan of the pirate.
>
> That Termagant looks about as bad as the RT era Termagants in
> production did.
>
> Interesting models. I think some of those could have sold.

I don't know when that IG trooper on the site was conceived, but I'll bet
him and his bros would've sold like hot cakes.

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
>
> http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
>
> --Chris

Interesting.

The Female IG trooper with missile launcher did come out really, as Rocket
Girl in the Last Chancers set, just with modified arms and a smaller missile
launcher.

Rob

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
>
> http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage

it looks like a good many of those are concept figures, so it's not
remarkable that they never got released. the prototype tyranid figure is
historically well-known from the RT rulebook, though.

"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Don't count out the Space Slann, they do have a picture of a
> lizard/frog-looking alien in the rulebook labeled "Slanni".

They even had released models:

http://www.solegends.com/citrt/tsf18spaceslann.htm

I have the Space Slann beastmaster myself (not shown on that page, but comes
with 2 large lizard things).

Dan

Spack wrote:
> They even had released models:
>
> http://www.solegends.com/citrt/tsf18spaceslann.htm
>
> I have the Space Slann beastmaster myself (not shown on that page, but comes with 2 large lizard things).

Are you sure that was a Space Slann?

http://www.solegends.com/citc/c22slannwizard.htm

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Stephen wrote on Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:17:55 +0100:

> Spack wrote:
>> They even had released models:
>>
>> http://www.solegends.com/citrt/tsf18spaceslann.htm
>>
>> I have the Space Slann beastmaster myself (not shown on that page, but
>> comes with 2 large lizard things).
>
> Are you sure that was a Space Slann?
>
> http://www.solegends.com/citc/c22slannwizard.htm

When I bought it many many moons ago it came in a Rogue Trader blister pack
with the label "Space Slann Beastmaster" on it. It's possible that it was
released for both.

Dan

Spack wrote to Stephen Weir on Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:33:51 +0100:

> Stephen wrote on Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:17:55 +0100:
>
>> Spack wrote:
>>> They even had released models:
>>>
>>> http://www.solegends.com/citrt/tsf18spaceslann.htm
>>>
>>> I have the Space Slann beastmaster myself (not shown on that page, but
>>> comes with 2 large lizard things).
>>
>> Are you sure that was a Space Slann?
>>
>> http://www.solegends.com/citc/c22slannwizard.htm
>
> When I bought it many many moons ago it came in a Rogue Trader blister
> pack with the label "Space Slann Beastmaster" on it. It's possible that it
> was released for both.

Oops, meant Slann with Warhounds. It's also possible it was one of those
blister pack glitches GW seemed to have back then and was on an RT card but
was actually a WFB release. I've probably still got the card kicking around
at my parents house - I left a lot of stuff there when I moved out. Next
time I visit I'll see if I can find it.

Dan

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1113492902.452567.132690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
>
> http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
>
> --Chris

It's just as well Fitzpatrick rather than Morley got to work on the
Dark Eldar... Shame about the Necrons, though: the ones here are
better than the final product, not least because of the
better-designed, better-proportioned guns and superior heads.

Philip Bowles

Erik Setzer <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<k7it5190sm2i4ospl105djaae3c5eb9jcl@4ax.com>...
> On 14 Apr 2005 08:35:02 -0700, "Chris Valera"
> <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
> >
> >http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
> >
> >--Chris
>
> I like Fitz's DE concepts, except the head with the pom-poms. Replace
> that, and you have a nice set of figs.
>
> The Genestealer Magus is pretty cool,

Too Fantasy.

> as is the IG General.

Too overdone with the finery.

The
> Servitors are pretty cool, not as boring as the current models.

GW has yet to make a good Servitor model, either for release or
otherwise.

> That Noise Marine backpack would've made for some awesome conversions.

I was fairly sure those Noise Marines got released - I can't see any
difference from the 40k2 versions.

> Don't count out the Space Slann, they do have a picture of a
> lizard/frog-looking alien in the rulebook labeled "Slanni".

The thing shown here looks like a Kroot with a head swap.

You missed out the fact that the Necrons shown aren't a complete
eyesore, unlike the production models.

Philip Bowles

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1113506081.668837.141110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>...
> Chris Valera wrote:
> > Kinda kewl. Interesting to see what didn't get released:
> >

> http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%2040K?OpenPage
> >
> > --Chris
>
> Also for WFB:
>
> http://www.acl.com.au/images.nsf/eGroup%20-%20Unreleased%20Fantasy?OpenPage
>
> --Chris

For the most part I'm glad these didn't make it to release -
especially the DE with the chunky swords and stilted poses, and the
abominable Chaos Warrior. The Dwarf cavalry is quite sweet, though,
and I like the HE Mage.

Philip Bowles

> The
>> Servitors are pretty cool, not as boring as the current models.
>
> GW has yet to make a good Servitor model, either for release or
> otherwise.

A couple of the new ones recently released for marines are good.

Rob

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> The
>>> Servitors are pretty cool, not as boring as the current models.
>>
>> GW has yet to make a good Servitor model, either for release or
>> otherwise.
>
> A couple of the new ones recently released for marines are good.

they're better than the down syndrome daemonhunters ones, but "good" is
pushing it a bit.