Voice echos out of speakers

Ed

Hi all.

When using my phone, which is plugged into the back of my external modem, my
voice echoes out of the speakers.

Any idea what to check to stop this?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

blackadder

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005

"Ed" <notanemailaddr@no.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> When using my phone, which is plugged into the back of my external modem,
> my voice echoes out of the speakers.
>
> Any idea what to check to stop this?

Mute the microphone from the Play Control dialog (the volume control or
speaker icon in the notification area). If the microphone channel isn't
listed on the Play Control (it isn't by default), then select Options |
Properties and place a checkmark next to Mic. The microphone should only be
unmuted on the Recording Control. Note that you can switch between the two
controls via Options | Properties.

Also in your volume control look at properties and make sure "phone" is
unchecked.