PSU 20Pin - > 24 Pin

Von

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I have an OCZ 520 Modstream... My mobo has a 24 pin socket. My PSU has 24 pin socket. There is a little 4socket plug on the side of the 20socket. Should I buy an adaptor or plug that 4socket plug right next to it?

RichPLS

Champion
My mobo has a 24 pin socket. My PSU has 24 pin socket.

What is the question?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
If your system works leave it alone. In many cases you can use an ATX psu on an ATX2.0 mobo. I dont think those 4 extra plugs are 12v lines so it probably wouldn't be good to plug one of the 4 pin plugs into it :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Von

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I think i figured it out... one of the 4 pins actually slides right next to the 20 pin plug to form a 24 pin plug. I think that will do it.

RichPLS

Champion
How do you like the OCZ 520 so far? Looks like a cool PSU.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
As in they don't reach, or just tight?

Von

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I have another question... Each of the fans in my case have 3 plugs: one tiny 3 soc and two 4 pin plugs. I only need to hook up the 3 pin plug to get the fan to work because the other 4 pin plugs are merely used as extension cords correct?

RichPLS

Champion
Not sure I understand. But will go on what I know... The PSU sometimes will have a (2-pin) 4-pin connector for fan only... Which can be daisy chained for fans if connector is supported by fans. The 3-pin connectors usually hook up to mobo and also monitor fan speed along with supplying power... These can not be daisy chained...