START right mouse entries

A program I installed (I think Acronis privacy suite) has added some entries
on my to my "START" right click menu and they appear as empty lines. I
would therefore like to remove them. There does not seem to be a way to do
this through the Acronis settings.

Where can I find these added shortcuts so I can delete them? (XP Home)

Thanks.

Jeff

Malke

news.microsoft.com wrote:

> A program I installed (I think Acronis privacy suite) has added some
> entries
> on my to my "START" right click menu and they appear as empty lines.
> would therefore like to remove them. There does not seem to be a way
> to do this through the Acronis settings.
>
> Where can I find these added shortcuts so I can delete them? (XP Home)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

An easy way is with the free ShellExView program:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

This will show you shell integration; you just want to remove the
right-click menu context items you don't want to show up.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> news.microsoft.com wrote:
>
>> A program I installed (I think Acronis privacy suite) has added some
>> entries
>> on my to my "START" right click menu and they appear as empty lines.
>> would therefore like to remove them. There does not seem to be a way
>> to do this through the Acronis settings.
>>
>> Where can I find these added shortcuts so I can delete them? (XP Home)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff
>
> An easy way is with the free ShellExView program:
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
>
> This will show you shell integration; you just want to remove the
> right-click menu context items you don't want to show up.

That worked like a charm. Thanks.

Jeff

Malke

msnews.microsoft.com wrote:

> "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> news.microsoft.com wrote:
>>
>>> A program I installed (I think Acronis privacy suite) has added some
>>> entries
>>> on my to my "START" right click menu and they appear as empty lines.
>>> would therefore like to remove them. There does not seem to be a
>>> way to do this through the Acronis settings.
>>>
>>> Where can I find these added shortcuts so I can delete them? (XP
>>> Home)
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>
>> An easy way is with the free ShellExView program:
>>
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
>>
>> This will show you shell integration; you just want to remove the
>> right-click menu context items you don't want to show up.
>>

> That worked like a charm. Thanks.
>
> Jeff

You're most welcome, Jeff. Thanks for letting me know.

Malke