Dell dimension 4300 memory Q?

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module :KVR133X64C3/256
)

thanks.

Yes, it does - though I would avoid Kingston Value RAM - their
lifetime-warranty RAM is good, but the ValueRAM is not as high in quality,
and often doesn't work with Dell systems.

"Joseph" <cttforsaleNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
> buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module
:KVR133X64C3/256
> )
>
> thanks.

Interesting, as I have a stick in both my 4550 and my 2400. Works
flawlessly.

Tom
"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it does - though I would avoid Kingston Value RAM - their
> lifetime-warranty RAM is good, but the ValueRAM is not as high in quality,
> and often doesn't work with Dell systems.
>

> "Joseph" <cttforsaleNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
> > buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module
> :KVR133X64C3/256
> > )
> >
> > thanks.

The DDR-DRAM often works. The 4300 uses SDRAM - SDRAM ValueRAM usually
doesn't work (it won't work in the older XPS-T and -R, and I've seen it fail
in the 4300 as well.

> Interesting, as I have a stick in both my 4550 and my 2400. Works
> flawlessly.

i have sucessfully used kingston 256mb value ram in dimension txxx series
(kvr100x64c2/256). however, i believe that what you are saying is
correct... that is the value ram series is not necessarily a consistently
identical product and so some may not work. also, there is pc133 value ram
that is '133 only' and some that were '133/100 compatible' which leads to
confusion and disappointment.