Dell dimension 4300 memory Q?

does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module :KVR133X64C3/256
)

thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension 4300 memory

    Yes, it does - though I would avoid Kingston Value RAM - their
    lifetime-warranty RAM is good, but the ValueRAM is not as high in quality,
    and often doesn't work with Dell systems.

    "Joseph" <cttforsaleNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
    > buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module
    :KVR133X64C3/256
    > )
    >
    > thanks.

    Interesting, as I have a stick in both my 4550 and my 2400. Works
    flawlessly.

    Tom
    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, it does - though I would avoid Kingston Value RAM - their
    > lifetime-warranty RAM is good, but the ValueRAM is not as high in quality,
    > and often doesn't work with Dell systems.
    >

    > "Joseph" <cttforsaleNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > does the Dell Dimension 4300 support double density ram? I'm looking at
    > > buying an 8 chip PC133 SDram 256 module (a kingston module
    > :KVR133X64C3/256
    > > )
    > >
    > > thanks.

    The DDR-DRAM often works. The 4300 uses SDRAM - SDRAM ValueRAM usually
    doesn't work (it won't work in the older XPS-T and -R, and I've seen it fail
    in the 4300 as well.

    > Interesting, as I have a stick in both my 4550 and my 2400. Works
    > flawlessly.

    i have sucessfully used kingston 256mb value ram in dimension txxx series
    (kvr100x64c2/256). however, i believe that what you are saying is
    correct... that is the value ram series is not necessarily a consistently
    identical product and so some may not work. also, there is pc133 value ram
    that is '133 only' and some that were '133/100 compatible' which leads to
    confusion and disappointment.

    > The DDR-DRAM often works. The 4300 uses SDRAM - SDRAM ValueRAM usually
    > doesn't work (it won't work in the older XPS-T and -R, and I've seen it
    fail
    > in the 4300 as well.

    > > Interesting, as I have a stick in both my 4550 and my 2400. Works
    > > flawlessly.

Dell Dimension Computers