New power supply?

I have a Performance 800 (UK) and need a power supply for it, but how can I
get hold of one of these? I can't use 'generic' supplies like thise I've
found in stores as they are too big and need to be screwed in, but the old
supply is a very small, screwless one. BTW, I live in the UK and the machine
as a few years old.
Eos.

Perormance 800 :-
Intel PIII 800MHz

Try http://www.skyline-eng.com/images/power-supplies.htm

"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrakets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a Performance 800 (UK) and need a power supply for it, but how can
> get hold of one of these? I can't use 'generic' supplies like thise I've
> found in stores as they are too big and need to be screwed in, but the old
> supply is a very small, screwless one. BTW, I live in the UK and the
machine
> as a few years old.
> Eos.
>
> Perormance 800 :-
> Intel PIII 800MHz

Prices seem high, it would almost be cheaper to just buy a new case.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:27:34 GMT, "Plasma" <me2@privacy.net> wrote:

>Try http://www.skyline-eng.com/images/power-supplies.htm
>
>"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrakets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I have a Performance 800 (UK) and need a power supply for it, but how can
>> get hold of one of these? I can't use 'generic' supplies like thise I've
>> found in stores as they are too big and need to be screwed in, but the old
>> supply is a very small, screwless one. BTW, I live in the UK and the
>machine
>> as a few years old.
>> Eos.
>>
>> Perormance 800 :-
>> Intel PIII 800MHz

Skyline makes it money by stocking name brand parts for Gateway boxes and exact
replacement for Intel-made and -designed boards. In short, they supply exact
replacements of manufacturer parts. This is fine for corporations, government
agencies and NGOs who think they get some value out of using original OEM parts,
but for the rest of us, physical and electrical matchups are what counts.

As a sometime reseller of parts, I have dealt with purchasing weenies in these
large companies or in service companies, and it is absolutely excruciating to
even try to convince them that they can buy an equivalent part.

Yes, you are probably better off simply buying a generic chassis with power
supply and tossing the guts of the Gateway inside. There is also the off-chance
that another brand of power supply will fit. Gateway is not the only name-brand
company to use smaller power supplies. By the time you pay Skyline, pay for
shipping to the UK, and pay customs duties and/or VAT, you'll have spent a small
fortune... Ben Myers

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:17:51 -0600, Perry <perry@perrymarlin.com> wrote:

>Prices seem high, it would almost be cheaper to just buy a new case.
>

>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:27:34 GMT, "Plasma" <me2@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>>Try http://www.skyline-eng.com/images/power-supplies.htm
>>
>>"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrakets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> I have a Performance 800 (UK) and need a power supply for it, but how can
>>> get hold of one of these? I can't use 'generic' supplies like thise I've
>>> found in stores as they are too big and need to be screwed in, but the old
>>> supply is a very small, screwless one. BTW, I live in the UK and the
>>machine
>>> as a few years old.
>>> Eos.
>>>
>>> Perormance 800 :-
>>> Intel PIII 800MHz

gardengc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
look on the side of the road. gateways are always being tossed and back when I used one I had a pile of parts that I scavenged from people around me.
but best option would be to just scrap it and keep your data. gateways are built to last 2 years and thats it. they will fail time and time again.