RGMW rules n stuff

Heya new visitor here, have had a 12 year absence from the GW scene...used
to play loads of WH40k (not sure which addition...), a little WH and a
little Epic.

Kinda ended when A) I discovered women, and B) when an ex-woman sold all my
stuff for about £3 :p

Anyways, what are the tags here that I should use? And what do they all mean
:D

Am getting interested in WH again, but I think the army I want to get (wood
elves) doesnt have a codex, my brothers will have orc and a skaven army, not
sure how I will fair but I dont care cos WE get a cool dragon :p

Oh, and a quick question, can High Elves ally with Wood Elves...basically I
am thinking a contingent of High Elf wizards or something in my Wood Elf
army, my brothers protest though :)

Thanks for any pointers :D

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
> Heya new visitor here, have had a 12 year absence from the GW scene...used
> to play loads of WH40k (not sure which addition...), a little WH and a
> little Epic.
>
> Kinda ended when A) I discovered women, and B) when an ex-woman sold all
> my
> stuff for about £3 :p
>
> Anyways, what are the tags here that I should use? And what do they all
> mean
> :D

Have a look here...

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message news:<obf9e.27689$il.15591@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>...
> Heya new visitor here, have had a 12 year absence from the GW scene...used
> to play loads of WH40k (not sure which addition...), a little WH and a
> little Epic.
>
> Kinda ended when A) I discovered women, and B) when an ex-woman sold all my
> stuff for about £3 :p
>
> Anyways, what are the tags here that I should use? And what do they all mean
> :D

They're pretty straightforward - [40k] and [WFB] are the main ones for
the appropriate games (WFB = Warhammer Fantasy Battle, a holdover from
the days of 4th Ed. and earlier when this was the game's official
name), and other games use their names or initials as appropriate. The
current incarnation of Epic is [Epic] or [EpicA] as the rulebook is
called Epic: Armageddon. Older versions of 40k are denoted by [RT]
(Rogue Trader - 1st Edition), [40k2] or [40k3], and WFB by previous
edition numbers (the current version is WFB6). The only non-game tag
that sees much use is [OT], which means Off Topic pretty much
everywhere on Usenet.

> Am getting interested in WH again, but I think the army I want to get (wood
> elves) doesnt have a codex,

The army book (and new range) is due July/August. The Sneak Peaks
section of the GW UK website shows a regiment of the new Wood Elf
Archers (renamed Glade Guard, formerly the name for Wood Elf spearmen.
My guess is that these no longer exist as such, although it's rumoured
that a new Rare spearmen unit has been added to the book). If you've
been out of the game for a while you will need the current edition
rulebook. In the meantime the current Wood Elf army list is found in
the Warhammer Annual 2004, although I don't recommend buying it just
before the new army book arrives.

my brothers will have orc and a skaven army, not
> sure how I will fair but I dont care cos WE get a cool dragon :p

Skaven are probably the most powerful of the current armies, due to a
lot of random effect rules that tend to work in their favour
considerably more often than not. Wood Elves in their current
non-army-book form, however, are very strong, and armies across the
board are somewhat more balanced than they were in days gone by.

> Oh, and a quick question, can High Elves ally with Wood Elves...basically I
> am thinking a contingent of High Elf wizards or something in my Wood Elf
> army, my brothers protest though :)

There aren't any official rules for allies except in the case of
specific units (Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War) or Kislevite
Allied Contingents (rules for all of these are in the Warhammer Annual
2004, with the exception of the more recent mercenary units Mengil's
Manflayers - in an issue of White Dwarf - Ogre Dogs of War from the
Ogre Kingdoms army book and the Regiments of Renown forthcoming in the
Lustria supplement - Luthor Harkon's Zombie Pirates of the Vampire
Coast and updated versions of Pizarro's Lost Legion and Tichi-Huichi's
Raiders, I believe). However, some comments from GW in White Dwarf
imply a more general application for the Allied Contingent rules and I
wouldn't be surprised to see them made official for other armies at
some stage; if you can find opponents who agree I'd recommend using
these to allow High Elf/Wood Elf armies.

Philip Bowles

"Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
>> Heya new visitor here, have had a 12 year absence from the GW
>> scene...used
>> to play loads of WH40k (not sure which addition...), a little WH and a
>> little Epic.
>>
>> Kinda ended when A) I discovered women, and B) when an ex-woman sold all
>> my
>> stuff for about £3 :p
>>
>> Anyways, what are the tags here that I should use? And what do they all
>> mean
>> :D
>
> They're pretty straightforward - [40k] and [WFB] are the main ones for
> the appropriate games (WFB = Warhammer Fantasy Battle, a holdover from
> the days of 4th Ed. and earlier when this was the game's official
> name), and other games use their names or initials as appropriate. The
> current incarnation of Epic is [Epic] or [EpicA] as the rulebook is
> called Epic: Armageddon. Older versions of 40k are denoted by [RT]
> (Rogue Trader - 1st Edition), [40k2] or [40k3], and WFB by previous
> edition numbers (the current version is WFB6). The only non-game tag
> that sees much use is [OT], which means Off Topic pretty much
> everywhere on Usenet.

Or...
You could have said:

Have a look here...

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Sir Scott "U_Tard..." McDaniel

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Scott McDaniel said

> Or...
> You could have said:
>
> Have a look here...
>
> RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Phil just has to be different. Now I just hope you haven't motivated Myr
into writting a novel about how we can't stress these things enough :)

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

It was a cold day in September when Robert Singers entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Scott McDaniel said
>
> > Or...
> > You could have said:
> >
> > Have a look here...
> >
> > RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org
>
> Phil just has to be different. Now I just hope you haven't motivated Myr
> into writting a novel about how we can't stress these things enough :)

If he didn't, you just might have. You know how Myr is when challenged,
remember the "Gospel according to Myr"? We just might end up with a New Myr
Testament after that comment you posted.
--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Scott McDaniel said
>
> > Or...
> > You could have said:
> >
> > Have a look here...
> >
> > RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org
>
> Phil just has to be different. Now I just hope you haven't motivated Myr
> into writting a novel about how we can't stress these things enough :)

Yes I was pointed to that link thanks, had a look last night but didnt see
it answer the WE question which was half of me post, maybe I am just blind
or was too tired to see it. Either way thanks all for ya help :D

I found the preview army list, no magic rules that I can see for WE, but
hopefully by the time I have the 2.5k army I want the book should be out.
Oh and we have the new WHFB rules (came with the emp / orc box set).

Cheers all.

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Lief said

> Yes I was pointed to that link thanks, had a look last night but didnt
> see it answer the WE question which was half of me post, maybe I am
> just blind or was too tired to see it. Either way thanks all for ya
> help :D

The FAQ strickly addresses behaviour in this NG and now you see this thread
is only concentrating on that as well :)

> I found the preview army list, no magic rules that I can see for WE,
> but hopefully by the time I have the 2.5k army I want the book should
> be out. Oh and we have the new WHFB rules (came with the emp / orc box
> set).

Post the question again with the [WFB] tag. If you don't get an answer one
of us will go and poke one of the slumbering regs who play WE.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

berto

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002

"Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It was a cold day in September when Robert Singers entered the world pub
> known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>
>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Scott McDaniel said
>>
>> > Or...
>> > You could have said:
>> >
>> > Have a look here...
>> >
>> > RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org
>>
>> Phil just has to be different. Now I just hope you haven't motivated Myr
>> into writting a novel about how we can't stress these things enough :)
>>

> If he didn't, you just might have. You know how Myr is when challenged,
> remember the "Gospel according to Myr"? We just might end up with a New
> Myr
> Testament after that comment you posted.
> --
No, Jim. We just got a new pope :) Sorry, Myr. :)

berto

> Post the question again with the [WFB] tag. If you don't get an answer
one
> of us will go and poke one of the slumbering regs who play WE.

Doesnt matter really now seeing as I dont have single model, may post a army
want list once I've had a good look to see how good / bad my choices are
after all this time away )

Thanks again.

On 20 Apr 2005 21:18:01 GMT, Robert Singers
<rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Lief said
>
>> Yes I was pointed to that link thanks, had a look last night but didnt
>> see it answer the WE question which was half of me post, maybe I am
>> just blind or was too tired to see it. Either way thanks all for ya
>> help :D
>
>The FAQ strickly

Where are the Spelling Nazis when you need them?

"strictly", Rob, "strictly".
-Erik

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Erik Setzer said

> Where are the Spelling Nazis when you need them?
>
> "strictly", Rob, "strictly".

I wrot it fonetically.

--

> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Erik Setzer said
>
>> Where are the Spelling Nazis when you need them?
>>
>> "strictly", Rob, "strictly".
>
> I wrot it fonetically.

what sort of inbred doesn't pronounce the t in strictly?

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said

>> I wrot it fonetically.
>
> what sort of inbred doesn't pronounce the t in strictly?

Oh the irony.

--

In article <Xns963FB97BD8740rsingers@IP-Hidden>, Robert Singers,
rsingers@finger.hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Erik Setzer said
>
> > Where are the Spelling Nazis when you need them?
> >
> > "strictly", Rob, "strictly".
>
> I wrot it fonetically.

Mofo' don't make me get all ebonics on yo ass!

Myr ;)

--
"In case of emergency, to induce vomiting - play CD loudly."
(Post-it-note on a Micheal Bolton CD)

--
RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said

>> I wrot it fonetically.
>>
> Mofo' don't make me get all ebonics on yo ass!

Why not, watching the whitest man in the world try could be amusing.

--

> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said
>
>>> I wrot it fonetically.
>>
>> what sort of inbred doesn't pronounce the t in strictly?
>
> Oh the irony.

PWNED!

Sir Scott "Just plain Bad Ass..." McDaniel

"Scott McDaniel" <smcdaniel1@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said

>>> what sort of inbred doesn't pronounce the t in strictly?
>>
>> Oh the irony.
>>

> PWNED!

i don't get it

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said

>> PWNED!
>
> i don't get it

It's ok. I'm sure you've had it but the antibiotics cleared it up.

--

> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said
>
>>> PWNED!
>>
>> i don't get it
>
> It's ok. I'm sure you've had it but the antibiotics cleared it up.

I've never taken antibiotics in my life.

It was a cold day in September when Robert Singers entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said
>
> >> PWNED!
> >
> > i don't get it
>
> It's ok. I'm sure you've had it but the boilermakers cleared it up.

fyp
--

In article <FyVae.2036$8d4.1158@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Doctor Rock,
malafex@blueyonder.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said

> >> i don't get it
> >
> > It's ok. I'm sure you've had it but the antibiotics cleared it up.
>
> I've never taken antibiotics in my life.

Good Lord! Where's your standards man? If I go to a motel and it
doesn't have an antibiotics dispencer in the hall, I am SO not staying.

Myr ;)

P.S. The IG figure and the Bits arrived in the mail yesterday. Thanks,
it was more than I was expecting and much appreciated. I'm going to arm
the IG officer with a bolter or perhaps a storm bolter as I like the
option in a shooty IG squad.

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

berto

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002

"Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> In article <FyVae.2036$8d4.1158@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Doctor Rock,
> malafex@blueyonder.co.uk Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>>
>> "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Doctor Rock said

>> > It's ok. I'm sure you've had it but the antibiotics cleared it up.
>>
>> I've never taken antibiotics in my life.
>
> Good Lord! Where's your standards man? If I go to a motel and it
> doesn't have an antibiotics dispencer in the hall, I am SO not staying.

Yeah, I have a problem when I leave my valium pez dispenser at home and the
motel only has cheap wine and a soiled magazine :) I just hate roughing it.

berto

TRENDING THREADS