screen problem

furyblaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
ok i got a HP compaq presario v2000 v2630US and about 2mounts ago the screen started to go out on it again. at first it looks to be the inverter,the backlight would go out and there would still be a picture on the screen so i got a new inverter and replaced it my self and then i turned it on the screen just flashed on once and didnt do anything so i put back the old one. so today i jsut got in a new inverter the same kind as the one that i pulled the first time and then i put in the new one and turned on the computer it did the same thing as the old one did which was it flashed a little bit then the computer was turned on and then the small power button was pushed the screen would flash on for a second then go dark again. and i really need some help on this as soon as i can get it

Que

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2005
You get a picture at the vga-out? If so, the video chip is still good.
If you get a faint picture on the lcd, and a short blink when pressing and releasing the lcd-shut-off switch, the backlight is bad. It's a sort of neon light rod. I don't think you have 3 bad inverters.

furyblaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
i havent tryed the vga-out because i dont have a monitor

and ifit is the backlight then i rather have someone that knows what their doing fix it then me so thanks for the help