Copying large .jpg to DVD error stream loss

Tags:
  • DVD
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 28, 2005 2:01:02 PM

OK I give. In the past I have simply been able to "drag and drop" my wifes
vacation pictures from the HD to the DVD icon them simply copy to the -R DVD.
Now for "some" reason when I try this mundane task get first a message that
some"extra material" will be lost if can continue copying. This happens
immediatly on the first .JPG . I click continue, then immediatly I get
another error message is entiltled "STREAM LOSS" and goes on to tell me that
windows has encountered a problem copying this file. My options are retry or
cnacel or skip. Retry gives me the same result. and skip brings up the
get.jpg with same result. I thought it might be a problem with the media (
dvd) so I tried with a CD-R disc. Same problem. It appear never to even try
to strat the acutal write process because the DVD drive never even spins up.
Some of these >jpg are rather large (> 10 meg ) others are small ( < 500k )
I have SP 2 professional installed on a 2.8 GHZ system with 1 Gig ram. Any
help would be appreciated. Like I said worked fine a couple months back...but
now ? Thanks!

Glenn

More about : copying large jpg dvd error stream loss

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 6:38:07 PM

What DVD software are you using, since XP does/can not do DVDs natively???

"Glenn from Washington" <Glenn from Washington@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:D D4A1D4D-BC7B-404A-A4EB-8CAFA79539BB@microsoft.com...
> OK I give. In the past I have simply been able to "drag and drop" my wifes
> vacation pictures from the HD to the DVD icon them simply copy to the -R
> DVD.
> Now for "some" reason when I try this mundane task get first a message
> that
> some"extra material" will be lost if can continue copying. This happens
> immediatly on the first .JPG . I click continue, then immediatly I get
> another error message is entiltled "STREAM LOSS" and goes on to tell me
> that
> windows has encountered a problem copying this file. My options are retry
> or
> cnacel or skip. Retry gives me the same result. and skip brings up the
> get.jpg with same result. I thought it might be a problem with the media
> (
> dvd) so I tried with a CD-R disc. Same problem. It appear never to even
> try
> to strat the acutal write process because the DVD drive never even spins
> up.
> Some of these >jpg are rather large (> 10 meg ) others are small ( <
> 500k )
> I have SP 2 professional installed on a 2.8 GHZ system with 1 Gig ram. Any
> help would be appreciated. Like I said worked fine a couple months
> back...but
> now ? Thanks!
>
> Glenn
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 6:38:08 PM

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> What DVD software are you using, since XP does/can not do DVDs natively???
>

> "Glenn from Washington" <Glenn from Washington@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:D D4A1D4D-BC7B-404A-A4EB-8CAFA79539BB@microsoft.com...
> > OK I give. In the past I have simply been able to "drag and drop" my wifes
> > vacation pictures from the HD to the DVD icon them simply copy to the -R
> > DVD.
> > Now for "some" reason when I try this mundane task get first a message
> > that
> > some"extra material" will be lost if can continue copying. This happens
> > immediatly on the first .JPG . I click continue, then immediatly I get
> > another error message is entiltled "STREAM LOSS" and goes on to tell me
> > that
> > windows has encountered a problem copying this file. My options are retry
> > or
> > cnacel or skip. Retry gives me the same result. and skip brings up the
> > get.jpg with same result. I thought it might be a problem with the media
> > (
> > dvd) so I tried with a CD-R disc. Same problem. It appear never to even
> > try
> > to strat the acutal write process because the DVD drive never even spins
> > up.
> > Some of these >jpg are rather large (> 10 meg ) others are small ( <
> > 500k )
> > I have SP 2 professional installed on a 2.8 GHZ system with 1 Gig ram. Any
> > help would be appreciated. Like I said worked fine a couple months
> > back...but
> > now ? Thanks!
> >
> > Glenn
>

> I am using Nero 6.0 on the DVD and tried just Xp for the CD -R. Although I have got the Nero 6.0 now to move the .JPG to move to the DVD as a Data file. In the past I was able ( somehow ??? ) burn the DVD ( I really thought through XP's own software ) and have play back on the TV. Maybe old age is just setting in :-)

The goal to be able to dump 4 gigs of Photo to the DVD and play it back on
the TV. Thanks!

Glenn
!