Copying large .jpg to DVD error stream loss

OK I give. In the past I have simply been able to "drag and drop" my wifes
vacation pictures from the HD to the DVD icon them simply copy to the -R DVD.
Now for "some" reason when I try this mundane task get first a message that
some"extra material" will be lost if can continue copying. This happens
immediatly on the first .JPG . I click continue, then immediatly I get
another error message is entiltled "STREAM LOSS" and goes on to tell me that
windows has encountered a problem copying this file. My options are retry or
cnacel or skip. Retry gives me the same result. and skip brings up the
get.jpg with same result. I thought it might be a problem with the media (
dvd) so I tried with a CD-R disc. Same problem. It appear never to even try
to strat the acutal write process because the DVD drive never even spins up.
Some of these >jpg are rather large (> 10 meg ) others are small ( < 500k )
I have SP 2 professional installed on a 2.8 GHZ system with 1 Gig ram. Any
help would be appreciated. Like I said worked fine a couple months back...but
now ? Thanks!

Glenn
2 answers Last reply
More about copying large error stream loss

    What DVD software are you using, since XP does/can not do DVDs natively???

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > What DVD software are you using, since XP does/can not do DVDs natively???
    >

    > "Glenn from Washington" <Glenn from Washington@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message news:DD4A1D4D-BC7B-404A-A4EB-8CAFA79539BB@microsoft.com...
    > > OK I give. In the past I have simply been able to "drag and drop" my wifes
    > > vacation pictures from the HD to the DVD icon them simply copy to the -R
    > > DVD.
    > > Now for "some" reason when I try this mundane task get first a message
    > > that
    > > some"extra material" will be lost if can continue copying. This happens
    > > immediatly on the first .JPG . I click continue, then immediatly I get
    > > another error message is entiltled "STREAM LOSS" and goes on to tell me
    > > that
    > > windows has encountered a problem copying this file. My options are retry
    > > or
    > > cnacel or skip. Retry gives me the same result. and skip brings up the
    > > get.jpg with same result. I thought it might be a problem with the media
    > > (
    > > dvd) so I tried with a CD-R disc. Same problem. It appear never to even
    > > try
    > > to strat the acutal write process because the DVD drive never even spins
    > > up.
    > > Some of these >jpg are rather large (> 10 meg ) others are small ( <
    > > 500k )
    > > I have SP 2 professional installed on a 2.8 GHZ system with 1 Gig ram. Any
    > > help would be appreciated. Like I said worked fine a couple months
    > > back...but
    > > now ? Thanks!
    > >
    > > Glenn
    >

    > I am using Nero 6.0 on the DVD and tried just Xp for the CD -R. Although I have got the Nero 6.0 now to move the .JPG to move to the DVD as a Data file. In the past I was able ( somehow ??? ) burn the DVD ( I really thought through XP's own software ) and have play back on the TV. Maybe old age is just setting in :-)

    The goal to be able to dump 4 gigs of Photo to the DVD and play it back on
    the TV. Thanks!

    Glenn

DVD Microsoft Windows XP