DBX BX-2 power amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008

Hmm, trying to remember. I used to run a mid to high end audio and video store in the 80's selling new and used equipment. We sold the DBX 1 power amp new for around 3500-4000 bucks(nice amp!). The BX 2 and BX 3 new cost much less , around $2500? They got bought out around this time(late 80's?) by BSR. If the BX-2 is made in the USA it will go for more, sometimes it will say designed in the USA but made in Japan.

The BX-2 and BX-3 were nice amps because you could use them in a 2-4 channel mode or for use in bi-amping along with some nice speakers. The amps didn't sell that well maybe since DBX was more well known for Dynamic range expanders, noise reducers and equalizers. The BX-2 is fairly rare but I think most collectors look for the BX-3 due the higher wattage output.

So price, a used stereo shop would sell it for around $300-500. Meaning they would give you $100-150 cash for it, more for a trade. Now, I'm just guessing because their isn't a big market for them. If I was going to buy it I would give you $150-200 for the amp. What they cost new at retail isn't a good indication of what they sell for years after, unless you have some old McIntosh or some of the other classic audio equipment.

If you were going to put it up for sale on ebay, I would start the price at $150.00.

PS: I wouldn't mind having the amp. The question in my mind is do I really need more audio equipment? hehe.

Be seeing you,

The Prisoner

andujare

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I have a dbx BX2 and BX3 I love my stereo however, my BX3 stopped working about a year ago. Where can I have him fixed?

I'll probably buy that dbx Bx2 for the right price

andujare

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

If you are interested in selling your dbx BX2? Let me know. My email andujareddie@hotmail.com

chako

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Hi:
My name is Chak.
I have dbx power amplifier, dbx preamplifier, digital equalizer, digital synthesizer, digital cassette player and many more. 4 speakers 2 of them 5' tall and the other two 3' tall. Spent a fortune when I bought them new. I just placed ad in Kijiji please take a look.
you can reach me at (416) 298-1670 or email chaknar@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.