The statement in an asp page:

dim objShell
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

now gives this error:
VB err= 424,Object required

I believe it stopped working in July 2004 after a security update. I have
re-registered the appropriate dlls and ocxs.

Does anyone have an idea? I am trying to use this object so that I can
execute a batch file that was created earlier in the program.

Thanks!

MacKenzie wrote:
> The statement in an asp page:
>
> dim objShell
> Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>
> now gives this error:
> VB err= 424,Object required
>
> I believe it stopped working in July 2004 after a security update. I have
> re-registered the appropriate dlls and ocxs.
>
> Does anyone have an idea? I am trying to use this object so that I can
> execute a batch file that was created earlier in the program.

Try this instead:

dim objShell
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

Tom Porterfield wrote:
> MacKenzie wrote:
>> The statement in an asp page:
>>
>> dim objShell
>> Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>
> Try this instead:
>
> dim objShell
> Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Oops, you said asp. Try using Server.CreateObject.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

I've tried that also, the error is VB err= 5,Invalid procedure call or argument

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:46:23 -0700, MacKenzie wrote:

> I've tried that also, the error is VB err= 5,Invalid procedure call or argument

Then you probably want to try reposting this in one of the developer groups
that are specific to asp and/or vbscript.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

Thanks, I ill do so.