get

The statement in an asp page:

dim objShell
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

now gives this error:
VB err= 424,Object required

I believe it stopped working in July 2004 after a security update. I have
re-registered the appropriate dlls and ocxs.

Does anyone have an idea? I am trying to use this object so that I can
execute a batch file that was created earlier in the program.

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    MacKenzie wrote:
    > The statement in an asp page:
    >
    > dim objShell
    > Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    >
    > now gives this error:
    > VB err= 424,Object required
    >
    > I believe it stopped working in July 2004 after a security update. I have
    > re-registered the appropriate dlls and ocxs.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea? I am trying to use this object so that I can
    > execute a batch file that was created earlier in the program.

    Try this instead:

    dim objShell
    Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Tom Porterfield wrote:
    > MacKenzie wrote:
    >> The statement in an asp page:
    >>
    >> dim objShell
    >> Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    >
    > Try this instead:
    >
    > dim objShell
    > Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

    Oops, you said asp. Try using Server.CreateObject.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    I've tried that also, the error is VB err= 5,Invalid procedure call or argument

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:46:23 -0700, MacKenzie wrote:

    > I've tried that also, the error is VB err= 5,Invalid procedure call or argument

    Then you probably want to try reposting this in one of the developer groups
    that are specific to asp and/or vbscript.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Thanks, I ill do so.

    "Tom Porterfield" wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:46:23 -0700, MacKenzie wrote:
    >
    > > I've tried that also, the error is VB err= 5,Invalid procedure call or argument
    >
    > Then you probably want to try reposting this in one of the developer groups
    > that are specific to asp and/or vbscript.
    > --
    > Tom Porterfield
    > MS-MVP Windows
    > http://support.telop.org
    >
    > Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

Microsoft Windows XP