webdevoman

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
Hey all,

I have been racking my brain trying to find the right ups. Before I continue I just want to say, please don't reply with a bunch of links to UPS's you never used etc. I am looking for information on what you guys have, how much you paid, pro's and con's etc. I have been looking at the $100 price range..

I am not really concerned with how long my system will be powered for. What I really need is something that will basically save my work and shut my pc down when the power goes out. When I live we get power hiccups at least ever 2 weeks and this winter we have lost power for more than a couple hours about 4 times..

I have been reading the reviews at Amazon and I have found a few models on Ebay but I am the type of guy that is a but obsessed with research when buying anything. Keep in mind of been researching this for 2 or 3 weeks now..

I have found models I liked but they do not have auto shut off or they are too loud, unreliable, etc..I would like something that will last me a while and will not fail when I need it most. I am a website developer(forum communities actually) and when I have work on the screen it is very, very important that my pc doesn't just shut on me and it has already happened a few too many times..

I need auto shut down, reliability, price, quiet sound output, usb--- Oh yeah, this has to power a overclocked I7-860,hd5770,5 hard drives..I have 3 monitors but I guess I weould need just one powered..

Is this possible for $100 or so?

Thanks.. This will not be the first time Toms has helped me out of a jam...

Richie