Can't see shortcuts on desktop

For some reason I can't see any of the shortcuts on the desktop. I think
they are there because when I go into the display area in the control panel
and go into Customize desptop the desktop cleanup wizard lists the shortcuts
that I thought were on the desktop that I can't see. HELP!!!! This is
annoying. WHy isn't anyting showing on the desktop?
--
Celia
3 answers Last reply

    In news:EC9E4EB8-F427-457F-9D30-63743B38D364@microsoft.com,
    Celia <Celia@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > For some reason I can't see any of the shortcuts on the
    > desktop. I
    > think they are there because when I go into the display area in
    > the
    > control panel and go into Customize desptop the desktop cleanup
    > wizard lists the shortcuts that I thought were on the desktop
    > that I
    > can't see. HELP!!!! This is annoying. WHy isn't anyting
    > showing on
    > the desktop?

    Right-click on the Desktop and click "Arrange Icons By." If "Show
    Desktop Icons" isn't checked, click on it to check it.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    I feel like an idiot. Thank you so much!!!!! I don't think I would have
    ever noticed that is wasn't checked.

    --
    Celia

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:EC9E4EB8-F427-457F-9D30-63743B38D364@microsoft.com,
    > Celia <Celia@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > For some reason I can't see any of the shortcuts on the
    > > desktop. I
    > > think they are there because when I go into the display area in
    > > the
    > > control panel and go into Customize desptop the desktop cleanup
    > > wizard lists the shortcuts that I thought were on the desktop
    > > that I
    > > can't see. HELP!!!! This is annoying. WHy isn't anyting
    > > showing on
    > > the desktop?
    >

    > Right-click on the Desktop and click "Arrange Icons By." If "Show
    > Desktop Icons" isn't checked, click on it to check it.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

  3. Quote:

    In news:EC9E4EB8-F427-457F-9D30-63743B38D364@microsoft.com,
    Celia <Celia@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > For some reason I can't see any of the shortcuts on the
    > desktop. I
    > think they are there because when I go into the display area in
    > the
    > control panel and go into Customize desptop the desktop cleanup
    > wizard lists the shortcuts that I thought were on the desktop
    > that I
    > can't see. HELP!!!! This is annoying. WHy isn't anyting
    > showing on
    > the desktop?

    Right-click on the Desktop and click "Arrange Icons By." If "Show
    Desktop Icons" isn't checked, click on it to check it.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Where did you send Celia? I am having the same issues with a desktop.
    Paul

Control Panel Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP