will i need to set a few jumpers?

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well my new ram will be running at 3.2 V (OCZ el gold VX DDR3200 dual channel 2x 512 ram) any my mobo says that:
The DRAM voltage as originally supported by the spec is up to 2.85V only. Jumper JP17 allows you to select beyond the
defined spec. Although this function is supported, selecting a higher voltage may cause unstable current supplied to the
system board which may subsequently cause damage to the
CPU and DIMMs.

what is this about???

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well i want to OC, but what about running it at default voltage of 3.2 v?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/25/05 02:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Start with default. Go read up a bunch on basic OCing before you start tweaking - especially voltages.

fate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
I don't think he's tweaking, I think the ram's spec is 3.2v is what he's trying to say. And that's higher than what the board's default volt to ram is.

fate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Cool, as long as the volt you putting to your ram is in the spec you should be fine. Plus that's OCZ so you should be warranted up to 3-something v.

I didn't say that he wasn't running at default. I said that he should start at default for his RAM and then research before tweaking.

Edit: If the site he bought it from didn't list default volts, then a search on the mfrs website will provide that spec.
<font color=red>You're a boil on the arse of progress - don't make me squeeze you!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 07/25/05 12:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>