HELP! Presario R3000 major issues!

Dunner

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Hi all! I need a little help PLEASE!!!

Ive got an R3000 with (surprise surprise) power cord issues (amongst ther things). I just replaced it with a DV9000 but i still need to get some files from the old machine.

Now heres the problem.

It still has battery power but its now decided to BSOD on Windows start up. It shoots you back to the safe mode start up prompt but using ANY of the configurations wont result in a successful start up. Worst part is it now looks like the CD drive hs gassed out and I cant even boot it from the Windows disk! Drive does have power but it cant seem to read anything!

Is it at all possible that the CD issue could be related to bad solder as well? Ive got lots of other buttons and such on this thing that have flaked out over the last year as well for presumably the same reason.

If anyone has any ideas I can try PLEASE PLEASE let me know. Data is work related and must be retrieved!!

Thanks!

Que

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2005
Don't think the cd drive is suffering from a bad jack, it may just be seated bad. Take it out and put it back in, maybe. You can buy usb drive enclosures on ebay, an aluminum casing for your 2.5" harddisk, so you can hang it on your new lappie's usb port and handle it as an extra drive and acces your old files.

presarior3000

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
I'd try to find a non-Matshita (panasonic) replacement drive for it, and take it into a repair shop to get the jack resoldered and use it as a spare laptop. As for recovering your data, you will need to attach the hard drive to another computer to retrive your data, or get a new disk drive.