Matshita DVD burning problems

leela

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2007
Earlier My presario V3000 is equipped with SONIC DVD Drive..recently it got damaged and brought a new MATSHITA DVD RM uj 850s. With this when ever i try to burn a DVD it takes a very long time to burn and never burns it completely and rises error msg

I uninstalled the driver and reloaded even then the problem is not sorted

Pl help

Que

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2005
What driver did you reload? See if you have a microsoft ide driver installed for your ide controllers.
Right-click "my computer" - properties - hardware - device manager -
extend the + next to the 'ide/atapi" controller, and see if the lowest device from the 3 (dubble click it) has a MS driver, if not, update the driver (choose from a list, and take the standard dual channel ide controller from MS.
BUT FIRST check if the drive is jumpered right, check the old one for the right setting, my best guess is to jumper it as "master".

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you tried different media? Frequently drive mfg advise you to shutdown all other programs including antivirus when burning. I wouldn't turn off the firewall although I'd let the burning connect to the Internet if it requests to do so

presarior3000

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
See, rule number one is DO NOT use anything made by Panasonic (known in the device manager as Panasonic or Matshita) with a Compaq computer. For one reason or another, they hate each other's guts with a passion. All of the Compaq computers that have contained a Matshita optical disk drive, the optical drive stoped working. I'd recomend purchasing another drive for your computer. it seems like it is the only solution for these computers.