Sign in with
Your question

I restarted during windows 7 installation

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
October 4, 2012 1:52:00 PM

At the beggining of the installation, after selecting install windows instead of repair, i waited for some thigs to be checked (like installing services, expandind files ..) before the final check, which was "completing installation" my pc restarted. After the restart, i waited the final point to be checked, i waited for about 20 minutes, and i thought that the pc tilt, so i restarted it. After i started it I get this message "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation." I did this many times and get the same result. Do i have to buy a new hard disk, or is ther any solution?
Specs:
harddisk:western digital wd5000 aakx 500gb caviartemje sa1
mobo:asus m4a87td evo
cpu:amd athlon II x3 455 3.3ghz
ram:kingston khx 1333c7d3k2/4gx 4gb
vga:asus eah5450
psu:lamtech 450w
a b $ Windows 7
October 4, 2012 2:14:28 PM

Run Startup Repair from Installation DVD or System Repair Disc - Create if that don't work Delete all partitions during install, create new and format
a b $ Windows 7
October 4, 2012 2:17:11 PM

Hi,

At that point I would restart all over again.

When I had those problems before, if you finish the installation, one way or the other, I had problem once in windows.

Good luck

Related resources
October 4, 2012 2:40:08 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Run Startup Repair from Installation DVD or System Repair Disc - Create if that don't work Delete all partitions during install, create new and format

I cannot run the startup repair, or anything. I cannot delete anything also because when my pc starts, i get the message i described, right away. there is no other window pop up, like to choose from repair, or install.
October 4, 2012 2:42:00 PM

dextermat said:
Hi,

At that point I would restart all over again.

When I had those problems before, if you finish the installation, one way or the other, I had problem once in windows.

Good luck

I've restarted it already many times mate, even unplugged it from the electricity, reinsert the hard disk, still the same. The bad is, when my pc starts, it dosn't show me the window to choose from repair, or install. I'm completely stuck.

Thanks for the fast reply 4 both of you
October 4, 2012 2:47:40 PM

maybe clearing the cmos would help? what do you think?
October 4, 2012 2:55:30 PM

Set the BIOS to boot from the CD first...
a b $ Windows 7
October 4, 2012 2:59:54 PM

can you get into the bios?. If so change your boot order and try to get it to boot from the windows disk. Then you'll be able to delete the partitions etc.

Not sure what the key is for your pc. (f10) or something. Just spam it from the beginning. Clearing cmos probably won't do much. You have a corrupted installation and as dextermat said even getting it to finish install will most likely leave you with a funky install.
a b $ Windows 7
October 4, 2012 3:01:19 PM

^+1 Boot from the CD first.

Worst case- you could take out the hard drive, and mount it into another pc, and just delete all partitions on it, then you could start all over.
a b $ Windows 7
October 4, 2012 3:10:17 PM

Most Windows 7 installation problems are due to problems with the memory. Run memtest86 for at least three passes to test the memory. All new builds should have their memory tested. If the memory test passes then try installing from fresh again and next time be a bit more patient.
October 4, 2012 3:13:17 PM

jfreggie said:
Set the BIOS to boot from the CD first...

Thanks man, i tried it and worked. Right now, i'm installing from the beggining. Thank you all for your interest
!