Solved

My laptop refuses to start up

I have a 2 year old Zepto Znote6625WD that all of a sudden refuses to start up. It stops before the BIOS startup and the screen remains black. The DVD-led lights. The fan is on. The network LED, the power-LED and some other LED I don't know also lights.
What could it be?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop refuses start
  1. mikle6 said:
    I have a 2 year old Zepto Znote6625WD that all of a sudden refuses to start up. It stops before the BIOS startup and the screen remains black. The DVD-led lights. The fan is on. The network LED, the power-LED and some other LED I don't know also lights.
    What could it be?

Nobody?
  2. Best answer
    Could be lots of things. Remove every bit of hardware you can and try booting it with the bare minimum components.
  3. Hi!
    I tried to start the computer with the hard disk disconnectet. Same thing happened. I also tried it with different memory cards - same thing...
    Still no solution.
  4. What about all of the rest of the hardware?
  5. frozenlead said:
    What about all of the rest of the hardware?

You mean like? DVD-player, usb-ports? I don't know?
  6. Yeah. Optical drives, hard disks, wifi cards, the onboard keyboard and mouse, any external devices, everything.

Edit: You'd need an external monitor and keyboard and such, of course.
  7. frozenlead said:
    Yeah. Optical drives, hard disks, wifi cards, the onboard keyboard and mouse, any external devices, everything.

Edit: You'd need an external monitor and keyboard and such, of course.

Thanks for your quick answer - I'll try that. I'll just have to find instructions in disassembling the laptop. :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Light LED Monitor