Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My laptop refuses to start up

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 3, 2009 4:57:22 PM

I have a 2 year old Zepto Znote6625WD that all of a sudden refuses to start up. It stops before the BIOS startup and the screen remains black. The DVD-led lights. The fan is on. The network LED, the power-LED and some other LED I don't know also lights.
What could it be?

More about : laptop refuses start

November 8, 2009 3:17:51 AM

mikle6 said:
I have a 2 year old Zepto Znote6625WD that all of a sudden refuses to start up. It stops before the BIOS startup and the screen remains black. The DVD-led lights. The fan is on. The network LED, the power-LED and some other LED I don't know also lights.
What could it be?

Nobody?

Best solution

a b D Laptop
November 8, 2009 4:03:10 AM

Could be lots of things. Remove every bit of hardware you can and try booting it with the bare minimum components.
Related resources
November 9, 2009 3:15:50 AM

Hi!
I tried to start the computer with the hard disk disconnectet. Same thing happened. I also tried it with different memory cards - same thing...
Still no solution.
a b D Laptop
November 10, 2009 12:04:52 AM

What about all of the rest of the hardware?
November 10, 2009 5:47:32 AM

frozenlead said:
What about all of the rest of the hardware?

You mean like? DVD-player, usb-ports? I don't know?
a b D Laptop
November 10, 2009 5:56:20 AM

Yeah. Optical drives, hard disks, wifi cards, the onboard keyboard and mouse, any external devices, everything.

Edit: You'd need an external monitor and keyboard and such, of course.
November 10, 2009 6:09:20 AM

frozenlead said:
Yeah. Optical drives, hard disks, wifi cards, the onboard keyboard and mouse, any external devices, everything.

Edit: You'd need an external monitor and keyboard and such, of course.

Thanks for your quick answer - I'll try that. I'll just have to find instructions in disassembling the laptop. :-)
!