Questions Dell FP2001 LCD $749 Today Only!

Hi all, Considering buying a Dell FP2001 LCD Monitor from the SB site. I
have a coupon for 25% off ends today! Price is $749.25 + Tax + Free
Shipping. I haven't been following the prices for the FP2001, so is this a
good price? Any thoughts Joan Hansen? Also, I have read here that the LCD
monitors come with a 3-year warranty, but I am unable to locate that on the
Dell SB site. Just says 1-2-3 years as shown on your invoice or packing
slip.

Also, I am running a Dimension 4550 with the 64MB GEForce4 MX video card.
Will this work okay with the analog card or will I need a DVI supported card
for more $$$? I also thought I saw the response time for this model was
15ms, but now the Dell SB site doesn't even say what the response time is.
Anyone know? Thanks, Pat

Pat Conover
Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
*nospam*patconover@comcast.net
7 answers Last reply
More about questions dell fp2001 today only

    Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001 FP
    is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many years
    you take the warranty on the system.

    You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card does
    have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better. Other's
    may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    DVI. I love my monitor. :-)

    Joan

    Pat Conover wrote:
    > Hi all, Considering buying a Dell FP2001 LCD Monitor from the SB site. I
    > have a coupon for 25% off ends today! Price is $749.25 + Tax + Free
    > Shipping. I haven't been following the prices for the FP2001, so is this a
    > good price? Any thoughts Joan Hansen? Also, I have read here that the LCD
    > monitors come with a 3-year warranty, but I am unable to locate that on the
    > Dell SB site. Just says 1-2-3 years as shown on your invoice or packing
    > slip.
    >
    > Also, I am running a Dimension 4550 with the 64MB GEForce4 MX video card.
    > Will this work okay with the analog card or will I need a DVI supported card
    > for more $$$? I also thought I saw the response time for this model was
    > 15ms, but now the Dell SB site doesn't even say what the response time is.
    > Anyone know? Thanks, Pat
    >
    > Pat Conover
    > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net

    Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've read
    about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response rate? I
    thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at 25ms.
    Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.

    "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    > month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001 FP
    > is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    > system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    > too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many years
    > you take the warranty on the system.
    >
    > You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card does
    > have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    > better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better. Other's
    > may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    > DVI. I love my monitor. :-)
    >
    > Joan
    >

    > Pat Conover wrote:
    > > Hi all, Considering buying a Dell FP2001 LCD Monitor from the SB site.
    > > have a coupon for 25% off ends today! Price is $749.25 + Tax + Free
    > > Shipping. I haven't been following the prices for the FP2001, so is
    this a
    > > good price? Any thoughts Joan Hansen? Also, I have read here that the
    LCD
    > > monitors come with a 3-year warranty, but I am unable to locate that on
    the
    > > Dell SB site. Just says 1-2-3 years as shown on your invoice or packing
    > > slip.
    > >
    > > Also, I am running a Dimension 4550 with the 64MB GEForce4 MX video
    card.
    > > Will this work okay with the analog card or will I need a DVI supported
    card
    > > for more $$$? I also thought I saw the response time for this model was
    > > 15ms, but now the Dell SB site doesn't even say what the response time
    is.
    > > Anyone know? Thanks, Pat
    > >
    > > Pat Conover
    > > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net

    goto any system config screen and in the monitors section click on the "Help
    Me Choose" text in the section divider for monitors. you'll get a popup
    window. click on the "Details" tab, then the "UltraSharp Flat Panels"
    underneath the tab title.

    the 2001FP response time is "typical 16ms". the 2000FP response time is
    "typical 25ms". the 2001FP also has a much better contrast ratio (600:1 vs.
    350:1)

    dell wants $990 for this display if you buy it with a 4600! such a deal...

    "Pat Conover" <*nospam*patconover@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've read
    > about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response rate?
    > thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at
    25ms.
    > Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.
    >
    > Pat Conover
    > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    >

    > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > > Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    > > month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001 FP
    > > is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    > > system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    > > too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many years
    > > you take the warranty on the system.
    > >
    > > You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card does
    > > have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    > > better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better. Other's
    > > may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    > > DVI. I love my monitor. :-)
    > >
    > > Joan
    > >

    > > Pat Conover wrote:
    > > > Hi all, Considering buying a Dell FP2001 LCD Monitor from the SB site.
    > > > have a coupon for 25% off ends today! Price is $749.25 + Tax + Free
    > > > Shipping. I haven't been following the prices for the FP2001, so is
    > this a
    > > > good price? Any thoughts Joan Hansen? Also, I have read here that
    the
    > LCD
    > > > monitors come with a 3-year warranty, but I am unable to locate that
    on
    > the
    > > > Dell SB site. Just says 1-2-3 years as shown on your invoice or
    packing
    > > > slip.
    > > >
    > > > Also, I am running a Dimension 4550 with the 64MB GEForce4 MX video
    > card.
    > > > Will this work okay with the analog card or will I need a DVI
    supported
    > card
    > > > for more $$$? I also thought I saw the response time for this model
    was
    > > > 15ms, but now the Dell SB site doesn't even say what the response time
    > is.
    > > > Anyone know? Thanks, Pat
    > > >
    > > > Pat Conover
    > > > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > > > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net

    Thanks weeeeezy, Dell's pricing makes me dizzy sometimes. Chris Muto was
    kind enough to e-mail me the following info on the 20". Reposted with his
    permission.

    Snip
    "pat,

    posted this to the group but something my isp changed recently seems to
    prevent my psots from going through... and since this is a timely issue i am
    sending this copy to you directly what i also posted to the group...

    "16ms typical" as listed in the specs here...
    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/2001fp/en/specs.htm
    complete on-line manual found here...
    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/2001fp/en/index.htm

    regards,"

    "weeeezy" <x@x.com> wrote in message
    > goto any system config screen and in the monitors section click on the
    "Help
    > Me Choose" text in the section divider for monitors. you'll get a popup
    > window. click on the "Details" tab, then the "UltraSharp Flat Panels"
    > underneath the tab title.
    >
    > the 2001FP response time is "typical 16ms". the 2000FP response time is
    > "typical 25ms". the 2001FP also has a much better contrast ratio (600:1
    vs.
    > 350:1)
    >
    > dell wants $990 for this display if you buy it with a 4600! such a
    deal...

    > "Pat Conover" <*nospam*patconover@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've read
    > > about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response rate?
    > > thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at
    > 25ms.
    > > Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.
    > >
    > > Pat Conover
    > > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    > >

    > > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > > > Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    > > > month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001
    FP
    > > > is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    > > > system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    > > > too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many
    years
    > > > you take the warranty on the system.
    > > >
    > > > You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card
    does
    > > > have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    > > > better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better.
    Other's
    > > > may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    > > > DVI. I love my monitor. :-)
    > > >
    > > > Joan

    > > this a
    > the
    > > LCD
    > on
    > > the
    > packing

    > > card.
    > supported
    > > card
    > was
    > > is.

    weeeeezy, Confusion setting in...the Dell help me choose says 600:1 contrast
    ratio, but the Specs on the SB Peripherals and the Users Guide both say
    400:1 contrast ratio. I *assume* this newer model has a 600:1 contrast
    ratio.

    > Thanks weeeeezy, Dell's pricing makes me dizzy sometimes. Chris Muto was
    > kind enough to e-mail me the following info on the 20". Reposted with his
    > permission.
    >
    > Snip
    > "pat,
    >
    > posted this to the group but something my isp changed recently seems to
    > prevent my psots from going through... and since this is a timely issue i
    am
    > sending this copy to you directly what i also posted to the group...
    >
    > "16ms typical" as listed in the specs here...
    > http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/2001fp/en/specs.htm
    > complete on-line manual found here...
    > http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/2001fp/en/index.htm
    >
    > regards,"
    >
    > Pat Conover
    > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    >
    > "weeeezy" <x@x.com> wrote in message
    > > goto any system config screen and in the monitors section click on the
    > "Help
    > > Me Choose" text in the section divider for monitors. you'll get a popup
    > > window. click on the "Details" tab, then the "UltraSharp Flat Panels"
    > > underneath the tab title.
    > >
    > > the 2001FP response time is "typical 16ms". the 2000FP response time is
    > > "typical 25ms". the 2001FP also has a much better contrast ratio (600:1
    > vs.
    > > 350:1)
    > >
    > > dell wants $990 for this display if you buy it with a 4600! such a
    > deal...
    > >

    > > "Pat Conover" <*nospam*patconover@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've
    read
    > > > about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response
    rate?
    > > > thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at
    > > 25ms.
    > > > Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.
    > > >
    > > > Pat Conover
    > > > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > > > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    > > >

    > > > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > FP
    > years

    > does
    > Other's

    > site.
    Free
    > > > this a
    > > the
    > > > LCD
    > > on
    > > > the
    > > packing

    > > > card.
    > > supported
    > > > card
    > > was
    > time
    > > > is.

    Pat, try this url for information and specs on the 2001FP

    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-1578&category_id=4009

    Joan

    Pat Conover wrote:
    > Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've read
    > about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response rate? I
    > thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at 25ms.
    > Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.
    >
    > Pat Conover
    > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    >

    > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    >>month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001 FP
    >>is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    >>system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    >>too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many years
    >>you take the warranty on the system.
    >>
    >>You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card does
    >>have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    >>better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better. Other's
    >>may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    >>DVI. I love my monitor. :-)
    >>
    >>Joan
    >>

    >>Pat Conover wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all, Considering buying a Dell FP2001 LCD Monitor from the SB site.

    >>>have a coupon for 25% off ends today! Price is $749.25 + Tax + Free
    >>>Shipping. I haven't been following the prices for the FP2001, so is
    >
    > this a
    >
    >>>good price? Any thoughts Joan Hansen? Also, I have read here that the
    >
    > LCD
    >
    >>>monitors come with a 3-year warranty, but I am unable to locate that on
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>Dell SB site. Just says 1-2-3 years as shown on your invoice or packing
    >>>slip.
    >>>
    >>>Also, I am running a Dimension 4550 with the 64MB GEForce4 MX video
    >
    > card.
    >
    >>>Will this work okay with the analog card or will I need a DVI supported
    >
    > card
    >
    >>>for more $$$? I also thought I saw the response time for this model was
    >>>15ms, but now the Dell SB site doesn't even say what the response time
    >
    > is.
    >
    >>>Anyone know? Thanks, Pat
    >>>
    >>>Pat Conover
    >>>Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    >>>*nospam*patconover@comcast.net

    Thanks for everyone's help, my AmEx card was itching to be used, but common
    sense and April 15 (Tax Day) prevailed until the next SALE! The Dell Coupon
    site I use says it's an LCD Closeout Sale, so maybe better LCD's are on the
    way.

    > Pat, try this url for information and specs on the 2001FP

    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-1578&category_id=4009

    > Joan
    >
    > Pat Conover wrote:
    > > Joan, Thanks. I thought I might get some answers from you, as I've read
    > > about how much you love your 2000 FP :-) Do you know the response rate?
    > > thought your 2000FP was about 15ms, which is better than the 1901FP at
    25ms.
    > > Strange they don't list the response rate for the 2001FP.
    > >
    > > Pat Conover
    > > Remove *nospam* to e-mail me.
    > > *nospam*patconover@comcast.net
    > >

    > > "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Yes that is a very good price. I paid $899 on sale one year ago last
    > >>month for the UltraSharp Dell 2000 FP, no free shipping and the 2001 FP
    > >>is supposed to be better. I purchased the monitor alone not with a
    > >>system. Yes, mine came with 3 year warranty (which was hard to find
    > >>too). With a system, I believe the warranty is only for how many years
    > >>you take the warranty on the system.
    > >>
    > >>You should receive both cables Analog (VGA) and DVI. My video card does
    > >>have the DVI connector. I use the DVI cable. They say the monitor is
    > >>better with DVI, but I have no way of knowing how much better. Other's
    > >>may know. I believe though, when you can upgrade to a video card with
    > >>DVI. I love my monitor. :-)
    > >>
    > >>Joan

    > > this a

    > > LCD