error messages at startup

July 29, 2005 1:29:41 AM

Hi,
I oftentimes get two error messages at startup.
The first has an "i" in a circle, then it says, "the service has not been
started."

The second is, "RTL" , Unable to start driver for HPHpm09.exe"

Can anyone tell me what they mean and how to manage them? Thanks.

jp

More about : error messages startup

July 29, 2005 1:29:42 AM

Joe Petke wrote:

> Hi,
> I oftentimes get two error messages at startup.
> The first has an "i" in a circle, then it says, "the service has not
> been started."
>
> The second is, "RTL" , Unable to start driver for HPHpm09.exe"
>
> Can anyone tell me what they mean and how to manage them? Thanks.

I can't help you with the "i" thing, but HPHpm09.exe is for an HP Photo
Printer. Apparently you have one of those and its software isn't
working. Or you had one and didn't uninstall it before you removed it.
Try some clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell