Access violation

July 28, 2005 10:41:01 PM

Hi,
I am using XP home and shortly after start up the following message comes up.
Hotkey Hotkey keyboard
Access violation at address 0042E583 Read of address 00000132
This message is duplicated every 0.5 seconds accompanied by one beep each
time.
Advice appreciated, thank you.

More about : access violation

July 28, 2005 11:23:17 PM

mystified wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using XP home and shortly after start up the following message
> comes up.
> Hotkey Hotkey keyboard
> Access violation at address 0042E583 Read of address 00000132
> This message is duplicated every 0.5 seconds accompanied by one beep
> each time.
> Advice appreciated, thank you.

There is a problem with your keyboard, either with the keyboard itself
or with the keyboard software. Uninstall any specialized hotkey
software and reinstall. If that doesn't help, uninstall the software
and try a different, standard keyboard.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell