Access violation

Hi,
I am using XP home and shortly after start up the following message comes up.
Hotkey Hotkey keyboard
Access violation at address 0042E583 Read of address 00000132
This message is duplicated every 0.5 seconds accompanied by one beep each
time.
Advice appreciated, thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about access violation

    mystified wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am using XP home and shortly after start up the following message
    > comes up.
    > Hotkey Hotkey keyboard
    > Access violation at address 0042E583 Read of address 00000132
    > This message is duplicated every 0.5 seconds accompanied by one beep
    > each time.
    > Advice appreciated, thank you.

    There is a problem with your keyboard, either with the keyboard itself
    or with the keyboard software. Uninstall any specialized hotkey
    software and reinstall. If that doesn't help, uninstall the software
    and try a different, standard keyboard.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    "Malke" wrote:

    > mystified wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I am using XP home and shortly after start up the following message
    > > comes up.
    > > Hotkey Hotkey keyboard
    > > Access violation at address 0042E583 Read of address 00000132
    > > This message is duplicated every 0.5 seconds accompanied by one beep
    > > each time.
    > > Advice appreciated, thank you.
    >
    > There is a problem with your keyboard, either with the keyboard itself
    > or with the keyboard software. Uninstall any specialized hotkey
    > software and reinstall. If that doesn't help, uninstall the software
    > and try a different, standard keyboard.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell