Studio 1557 , problems with games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 720 has a turbo-boost feature that will up a single core's clockspeed to 2.8GHz for single-threaded applications, if needed.

That being said, the i7 core is more efficient than other processors, and you don't literally need 2.8GHz, even if the game that you're taking it from says it on the box. Especially with a notebook, you're going to run into a GPU limit (depending on the game) before striking a CPU limit. What game is this for?

mats0910

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

the NFS Shift..

mats0910

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

I hav a studio 1557 with an i7 720 1.6Ghz processor a week ago and on the "dell quote" it said - Studio 1557 Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache ) with a 512 ATI radeon HP 4570...i tried playing the NFS Shift ....but the graphics is'nt coming out good.... does anyone know if the anti-aliasing should be set to 0xAA ,2xAA or 4xAA.
and the windowed and V- Sync feature should be turned on or off....also i dont know what to choose for the Texture Filtering - Bilinear, Trilinear or Anisotropic (2x, 4x,8x or 16x)....Any help will be appreciated...

thanx..

You should set AA to 0 and AF to trilinear until you can nail out what's causing the problem.

As for windowed/vsync, leave windowed mode off, and shut off vsync unless you can get a solid 60fps (which it's apparent you can't, so shut it off).

Also try lowering some of the texture and effect settings.

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
the studio laptops are not meant for gaming. Shift is a pretty demanding game (not the toughest but still needs some juice) I'd first suggest lowering the resolution

andy12

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
does any1 have the same problem with me? i tried playing nba 2k10 and l4d but once i play it for liek 2 mins it shuts down the whoel computer and i need to manually restart the computer. i tried puttign the settings to low alrdy still the same. d/led direct x 9c and update the drivers but still the same problem. can any1 help me out?

G

Hi Andy.
I have the same problem. I don't play games, I just watch some videos in IExplorer. The computer shuts down, produce some dumpfiles (that DELL can't understand) and though I just upgraded all drivers and DELL utilities, the same thing happens. DELL has even changed motherbord and the graphic card on it. Lately I get an error saying "grafic card error"!

I beleive it is an error in the basic hardware construction that has been there from the start.
When I ask for DELL support, they want me to reinstall WIndows (for the second time) which would cause me a lot of problem with reinstalling all the programs.

Have you reached any solution?

// Perra46

Status
Not open for further replies.