MN-730 Security Problem

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 26, 2004 3:48:35 PM

I run a Microsoft Wireless Adapter MN-730 on my Windows
XP Computer. My Network has a MN-700 Router and all
computers in the network have fixed ip addresses within
192.168.2.x and as a gateway the routers ip address
192.168.2.1 is used. the wireless security with 128bit
encryption is used. every time i start the computer the
Microsoft Broadband Network Utility says that he can't
connect to the network because of an incorrect security
key. Then i go to the Adapter settings within the Network
Utility and select Available Networks. The window shows
my Network and the Security Key. when i hit the connect
button it will connect immediatly.
I did't change anything at the settings or the key.

Why can't it connect to the network by itself?

Any answers or solutions?

Thanks. Dave.

More about : 730 security problem

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 26, 2004 8:06:08 PM

do NOT use the BNU on Windows XP
instead, use XP's built in wireless zero configuration features

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:48:35 -0700, "Dave"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Remove any other network apart from yours from
the 'Preferred Networks' under 'Wireless networks' tab in
wireless connection properties.

!