+power fist
+2 ml
+2 hb
+tank hunters

dreadnought 145
+mutated hull
+plasma cannon

1000pts iron warriors

my main battle plan is to have fun so i didnt take 9 oblits and basilisk
etc. but post your comments anyway

In article <ea96e588c1e6438397bce262b2ac26b9@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@nospam.GamesKB.com Varfed out the
following in Timo speak...
> woot no tanks??

Not only no tanks, but no transports. Once you expand your force,
seriously give thought to mounting the troops and/or havocs...

> HQ
>
> lieutenant 126
> +power axe
> +furious charge
> +dem. str
> +dem. mutation
> +boltpistol
> +dem. speed
>
> TROOPS
>
> 10 csm w/bt&ccw 215
> +champ
> +combiflamer(mastercrafted)
> +power fist
> +flamer
> +flamer
> +furious charge

These guys in particular would benefit from a transport with all
those lovely flamers. It wouldn't be so much of a 'drive by' as a
'drive-n-fry'.

> 10 csm w/bolters 181
> +champ
> +combibolter
> +powerweapon
> +heavy bolter
> +plasma gun
>
> ELITE
>
> 2 obliterator
>
> HEAVY
>
> 6 havocs w/bt&ccw 192
> +champ
> +plasma pistol
> +power fist
> +2 ml
> +2 hb
> +tank hunters

Ok, I'll bite - why the 'odd' mix of weapons? By that I mean
giving them 2 Hvy Bolters (which isn't great with the ML's) and tank
hunters, which is utterly useless with that skill. Consider two ML,
and 2 Las, or the classic Las & Plas combo. Also consider ditching the
gear on the champ. Pricy HTH/short range gear on a champ (who's largely
a bullet catcher) in a stand and shoot type heavy weapons unit is very
unlikely to earn back his points.

> dreadnought 145
> +mutated hull
> +plasma cannon

That's the sort of evil that will make you proud on the battle
field.

> 1000pts iron warriors
>
> my main battle plan is to have fun so i didnt take 9 oblits and basilisk
> etc. but post your comments anyway

I'm sure other folks with more experience can offer better
suggestions, but it's a start at least.

Hope that helps,

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
bad.

7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
+champ
+2 ml
+2 ac
+tank hunters

how about this then?

In article <9a934b0c6deb40378c734739d60ae5c1@GamesKB.com>, ye olde redeye via GamesKB.com wrote:
> well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
> but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
> bad.
>
> 7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
> +champ
> +2 ml
> +2 ac
> +tank hunters
>
> how about this then?

A much better choice of weapons for tank hunting havocs.

--
Joakim

In article <9a934b0c6deb40378c734739d60ae5c1@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@GamesKB.com Varfed out the following in
Timo speak...
> well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
> but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
> bad.
>
> 7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
> +champ
> +2 ml
> +2 ac
> +tank hunters
>
> how about this then?

Autocannons are a much better choice with the tank hunters skill.
You'll be able to hunt light armor with them and still use them for
anti-infantry work along with the missile launchers. Flexibility is
good. Plus you came out a model ahead and still dropped your total
points cost. Also a bonus.

Myr :)

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
> In article <ea96e588c1e6438397bce262b2ac26b9@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
> redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@nospam.GamesKB.com Varfed out the
> following in Timo speak...

> > 10 csm w/bt&ccw 215
> > +champ
> > +combiflamer(mastercrafted)
> > +power fist
> > +flamer
> > +flamer
> > +furious charge

> These guys in particular would benefit from a transport with all
> those lovely flamers. It wouldn't be so much of a 'drive by' as a
> 'drive-n-fry'.

Now I like that idea!

Zane