+power fist
+2 ml
+2 hb
+tank hunters

dreadnought 145
+mutated hull
+plasma cannon

1000pts iron warriors

my main battle plan is to have fun so i didnt take 9 oblits and basilisk
etc. but post your comments anyway

More about army mkii

    In article <ea96e588c1e6438397bce262b2ac26b9@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
    redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@nospam.GamesKB.com Varfed out the
    following in Timo speak...
    > woot no tanks??

    Not only no tanks, but no transports. Once you expand your force,
    seriously give thought to mounting the troops and/or havocs...

    > HQ
    >
    > lieutenant 126
    > +power axe
    > +furious charge
    > +dem. str
    > +dem. mutation
    > +boltpistol
    > +dem. speed
    >
    > TROOPS
    >
    > 10 csm w/bt&ccw 215
    > +champ
    > +combiflamer(mastercrafted)
    > +power fist
    > +flamer
    > +flamer
    > +furious charge

    These guys in particular would benefit from a transport with all
    those lovely flamers. It wouldn't be so much of a 'drive by' as a
    'drive-n-fry'.

    > 10 csm w/bolters 181
    > +champ
    > +combibolter
    > +powerweapon
    > +heavy bolter
    > +plasma gun
    >
    > ELITE
    >
    > 2 obliterator
    >
    > HEAVY
    >
    > 6 havocs w/bt&ccw 192
    > +champ
    > +plasma pistol
    > +power fist
    > +2 ml
    > +2 hb
    > +tank hunters

    Ok, I'll bite - why the 'odd' mix of weapons? By that I mean
    giving them 2 Hvy Bolters (which isn't great with the ML's) and tank
    hunters, which is utterly useless with that skill. Consider two ML,
    and 2 Las, or the classic Las & Plas combo. Also consider ditching the
    gear on the champ. Pricy HTH/short range gear on a champ (who's largely
    a bullet catcher) in a stand and shoot type heavy weapons unit is very
    unlikely to earn back his points.

    > dreadnought 145
    > +mutated hull
    > +plasma cannon

    That's the sort of evil that will make you proud on the battle
    field.

    > 1000pts iron warriors
    >
    > my main battle plan is to have fun so i didnt take 9 oblits and basilisk
    > etc. but post your comments anyway

    I'm sure other folks with more experience can offer better
    suggestions, but it's a start at least.

    Hope that helps,

    Myrmidon

    #1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
    much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

    - Eric Noland

    # 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
    raise a Warhammer army

    - Roy Cox

    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

    ****

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
    but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
    bad.

    7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
    +champ
    +2 ml
    +2 ac
    +tank hunters

    how about this then?

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <9a934b0c6deb40378c734739d60ae5c1@GamesKB.com>, ye olde redeye via GamesKB.com wrote:
    > well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
    > but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
    > bad.
    >
    > 7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
    > +champ
    > +2 ml
    > +2 ac
    > +tank hunters
    >
    > how about this then?

    A much better choice of weapons for tank hunting havocs.

    --
    Joakim
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <9a934b0c6deb40378c734739d60ae5c1@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
    redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@GamesKB.com Varfed out the following in
    Timo speak...
    > well im thinking of buying a couple of rhinos next but atm i dont have any
    > but believe me if i had i would use them. you are right, that havoc crew is
    > bad.
    >
    > 7 havocs w/bt&ccw 177
    > +champ
    > +2 ml
    > +2 ac
    > +tank hunters
    >
    > how about this then?

    Autocannons are a much better choice with the tank hunters skill.
    You'll be able to hunt light armor with them and still use them for
    anti-infantry work along with the missile launchers. Flexibility is
    good. Plus you came out a model ahead and still dropped your total
    points cost. Also a bonus.

    Myr :)

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
    > In article <ea96e588c1e6438397bce262b2ac26b9@GamesKB.com>, ye olde
    > redeye via GamesKB.com, forum@nospam.GamesKB.com Varfed out the
    > following in Timo speak...

    > > 10 csm w/bt&ccw 215
    > > +champ
    > > +combiflamer(mastercrafted)
    > > +power fist
    > > +flamer
    > > +flamer
    > > +furious charge

    > These guys in particular would benefit from a transport with all
    > those lovely flamers. It wouldn't be so much of a 'drive by' as a
    > 'drive-n-fry'.

    Now I like that idea!

    Zane

Games Video Games