Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Here is what I have to choose from... I want 1Gb total.

I was thinking about getting a kit (2x512) and <A HREF="http://www.anitec.ca/?mode=category&catid=113&mcid=11" target="_new">here</A> are those choices.

But it might be worth saving a little cash and getting one of <A HREF="http://www.anitec.ca/?mode=category&catid=112&mcid=11" target="_new">these</A>.

Let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind that the "specials" are listed at the top and are not always listed at the bottom with the sales price.

Thanks guys...

<b><font color=red>Go date P4man or something, bye!</font color=red><b>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Alright... I better give some more info or someone is gonna crush me.

This is going to be in a DFI LanPary NF4 Ultra-D mobo with a 3200 venice. It will be a gaming rig and will be OCed slightly but no heroics here, and won't be breaking any records (nor attempting any). I plan to have a 6800GT in it, but it may recieve a 7800.

I think this is all you should need... but if you need more let me know.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
You have picked matched pairs both times. This makes me somewhat curious as to why? But I am most certainly not going to ask why even though I am a little bit surprised. Both are rated at low timings (very low) and both are somewhat more than I was expecting to pay... but I might have to splurge here. If someone has a cheaper suggestion that would appreciated, just in case I find these lye outside of my price range.

I have just noticed that I could buy Patriot sticks here, I know that many of you like these sticks for the price/performance, but this site gives little info on these sticks so I might have to do some research on them.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Alright... thanks Wusy. You know that I respect your opinion so I won't take it lightly, even if these are a little out of my price range.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Well... this is in Canadian dollars, but even still I might have to do some shopping around and find out if I can find some RAM at a better deal. That is the one area that I have never been 100% satisfied with when dealing with anitec, they don't ever seem to have good deals on good RAM. The only RAM they ever have on special is crap generic RAM (even then its not cheap a great deal).

Might have to look around a little better for the RAM.

G

Crucial Ballistix would be the cheaper choice yet providing good performance, 2-2-2-5 up to DDR 466 if I recall...

They aint TCCD or UTT thought, but its still good

**Edit, not sold on anitec thought

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by labbbby on 08/17/05 10:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Champion
Patriot makes RAM with low timings and is rated very good.
I have not checked lately, but this would/was best bang for the buck...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

G

Well 2-2-2-5 at DDR400 too! :wink:

And uh, you said slight OC, you plan on using dividers? Im sure the mobo can handle up to DDR500 at least?havent checked...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Yeah... I will be using dividers, but I don't even know if I can afford the DDR400 right now. I gotta check with who I am buying it for. I think that most of the RAM suggestions so far might have been slight overkills of what I actually need. I think all I will be able to spend will be under $200, but I will double check this.

G

Then go with Crucial/samsung whatever Good CL2.5 memory and use dividers!

judging from <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2469" target="_new">this</A> should'nt be to bad!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by labbbby on 08/17/05 11:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I am not 100% limited to the store that I linked to above... but I would like to get the RAM from them if I can. They do not have Samsung/Crucial RAM at all... so if you could limit the suggestions to RAM on that list keeping in mind the price/performance that would be great.