Application Error (0xc0000005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi I would appreciate if any one could provide me information about my
problem. Today all of a sudden my background desktop changed into a "Warning
! your computer might be infected with spyware or adware". So I decided to go
to ww.downloads.com and download Ad-Aware 6.0 and I donwloaded it then I went
to open it and I get a window that pops up and says " Application Error, The
application failed to initialize properly Error (0xc0000005). And ever since
I cannot open some programs but some do like Mozzila Firefox (current browser
I'm using). I have no way to open any spyware remover programs or any
programs that I download. If any one could provide me with some help I would
truly appreciate it. -Thanks, Joe-

Malke

chance7 wrote:

> Hi I would appreciate if any one could provide me information about my
> problem. Today all of a sudden my background desktop changed into a
> "Warning ! your computer might be infected with spyware or adware". So
> I decided to go to ww.downloads.com and download Ad-Aware 6.0 and I
> donwloaded it then I went to open it and I get a window that pops up
> and says " Application Error, The application failed to initialize
> properly Error (0xc0000005). And ever since I cannot open some
> programs but some do like Mozzila Firefox (current browser I'm using).
> I have no way to open any spyware remover programs or any programs
> that I download. If any one could provide me with some help I would
> truly appreciate it. -Thanks, Joe-

Here are general malware removal steps. Go through them systematically,
using updated tools in Safe Mode. Obviously, you will need to get the
tools from a different, known-clean computer with an Internet
connection and a cd burner (or have a usb thumbdrive with enough
capacity to transfer the programs and updates).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers