Closed

Application Error (0xc0000005)

Hi I would appreciate if any one could provide me information about my
problem. Today all of a sudden my background desktop changed into a "Warning
! your computer might be infected with spyware or adware". So I decided to go
to ww.downloads.com and download Ad-Aware 6.0 and I donwloaded it then I went
to open it and I get a window that pops up and says " Application Error, The
application failed to initialize properly Error (0xc0000005). And ever since
I cannot open some programs but some do like Mozzila Firefox (current browser
I'm using). I have no way to open any spyware remover programs or any
programs that I download. If any one could provide me with some help I would
truly appreciate it. -Thanks, Joe-
2 answers Last reply
More about application error 0xc0000005

    chance7 wrote:

    > Hi I would appreciate if any one could provide me information about my
    > problem. Today all of a sudden my background desktop changed into a
    > "Warning ! your computer might be infected with spyware or adware". So
    > I decided to go to ww.downloads.com and download Ad-Aware 6.0 and I
    > donwloaded it then I went to open it and I get a window that pops up
    > and says " Application Error, The application failed to initialize
    > properly Error (0xc0000005). And ever since I cannot open some
    > programs but some do like Mozzila Firefox (current browser I'm using).
    > I have no way to open any spyware remover programs or any programs
    > that I download. If any one could provide me with some help I would
    > truly appreciate it. -Thanks, Joe-

    Here are general malware removal steps. Go through them systematically,
    using updated tools in Safe Mode. Obviously, you will need to get the
    tools from a different, known-clean computer with an Internet
    connection and a cd burner (or have a usb thumbdrive with enough
    capacity to transfer the programs and updates).

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

  3. Anonymous said:

    Hi I would appreciate if any one could provide me information about my
    problem. Today all of a sudden my background desktop changed into a "Warning
    ! your computer might be infected with spyware or adware". So I decided to go
    to ww.downloads.com and download Ad-Aware 6.0 and I donwloaded it then I went
    to open it and I get a window that pops up and says " Application Error, The
    application failed to initialize properly Error (0xc0000005). And ever since
    I cannot open some programs but some do like Mozzila Firefox (current browser
    I'm using). I have no way to open any spyware remover programs or any
    programs that I download. If any one could provide me with some help I would
    truly appreciate it. -Thanks, Joe-

Windows XP