[40k] Conversion ideas for cheap bastards like me. Pt 1

Part 1 - More power fists:

If you have bought a new terminator box and used both chain fists you
will end up with two unused arms with power fists. With a little bit
of work you can put these leftovers on veteran sergeants.

1. Cut the terminator arm at the shoulder so you get the top end of
the cables loose.

2. Cut the terminator arm where the power fist begins.

3. Cut a marine arm just below the elbow and glue the power fist onto
the arm.

4. You probably need to modify the shoulder (by filing or adding
green stuff) to get the arm in a suitable angle for a power fist.

5. Bend and cut the cables so they disappear up under the shoulder
plate.

I've uploaded a photo of the result to the rgmw-genbus (photos /
jockelinde). I should have cut the marine arm closer to the elbow, but
apart from that I'm happy with the result.

--
Joakim

In article <d5b5s8$nbn$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
Helicon_One, shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk Varfed out the following in
Timo speak...
> Making a plasma gun out of a bolter and a plasma pistol is pretty simple,
> and any Marine player should have dozens of both lying around unused. I did
> write a quick guide to converting it, I just might post it to genbus if
> anyone is interested.
>
> Tim

I'd love to see it as I've got a bunch of plasma pistols laying
about - post it there and consider also sending it to Rob Singers for
inclusion on RGMW.org

Myr
--
He really should pay us for that you know, you can't just have any old
yob carrying on these traditions.

- Kurt

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

In article <d5j139$a06$2@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
Helicon_One, shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk Varfed out the following in
Timo speak...
> "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
> > In article <d5b5s8$nbn$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
> > Helicon_One, shiny*blue*thing@yahoo.co.uk Varfed out the following in
> > Timo speak...
> >> Making a plasma gun out of a bolter and a plasma pistol is pretty simple,
> >> and any Marine player should have dozens of both lying around unused. I
> >> did
> >> write a quick guide to converting it, I just might post it to genbus if
> >> anyone is interested.
>
> > I'd love to see it as I've got a bunch of plasma pistols laying
> > about - post it there and consider also sending it to Rob Singers for
> > inclusion on RGMW.org
>
> I'm going to re-take the photos, and I'll put it up.
>
> Tim

Thanks - I'm looking forward to seeing how you're doing this conversion.
I've liked the stuff you've done with the Tau.

Myr

--
And I want someone to slap me with a fish every time I buy something
new, assemble it, and then leave it unpainted for months.

- Jakearon

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...