Closed

BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION

Hello,
i have forgot my password which i have set for the internal harddisk of my HP COMPAQ 2210b, i also entered the recovery key but I.O DEVICE ERROR is being displayed after enter the recovery key in the dialog box. i am unable to access my harddisk and fear that i might not be able to recover my 30 GB valuable data ...plzz help..
6 answers Last reply
More about bitlocker drive encryption
  1. remember your password...
  2. sorry but we cant help you with passwords
  3. I/O error could be due to either a failing/failed hard drive or motherboard fault. One thing you can try is to remove the drive and attach it externally to another computer running Windows 7 (Ultimate or Enterprise) and enter your PIN to unlock the drive. If you still get an I/O error then the drive is toast and so is your data. If you are able to unlock the drive then immediately back up your data and get the laptop serviced.
  4. Go here for a step by step guide:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/210058-bitlocker-drive-encryption-unlock-locked-os-drive.html

Otherwise, the only advice that can be given has been. Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed on Tom's Forums. We have to way to verify that you are the actual owner of the system/device in question.
  5. You do have backup for you 30GB of valuable data?
  6. This has been so well answered that no further discussion is needed :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Data Recovery Hard Drives Windows 7