Remote Desktop

Is it possible to use remote desktop to connect
to a pc that connect internet through a router ?
( That means it don't have a external IP )

i currently can connect to that pc with Remote Assistance,
but that need someone on that side to accept the connection.
i need something that can have similar connection without
user intervention from the other side.

if Remote Desktop cannot,
any other free solution will be very appreciated.

thanks.

Hi,

You can connect to another pc through Remote Desktop Connection if the
router is configured for port forwarding.

The other user will have to setup the port forwarding in their router
settings with the internal LAN IP address of that computer you're trying to
connect to and also the port number 3389 with the TCP protocol.

You may need to consult your router's manual for specifics on the port
forwarding settings/application settings.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Durby vend" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use remote desktop to connect
> to a pc that connect internet through a router ?
> ( That means it don't have a external IP )
>
> i currently can connect to that pc with Remote Assistance,
> but that need someone on that side to accept the connection.
> i need something that can have similar connection without
> user intervention from the other side.
>
> if Remote Desktop cannot,
> any other free solution will be very appreciated.
>
> thanks.

Or go to www.portforward.com

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)