Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming headset for a big head :P

Last response: in Home Audio
November 25, 2009 10:04:57 PM

I'm trying to find a good gaming headset. My main issue that I have had with every headset I have ever owned is them being uncomfortable. I have a large head (Size 8) and biggish ears the prevent them from really fitting inside most of the ear pieces. So I'm trying to find something that doesn't put much pressure on the side of my head or on the edges of my ears if I can help it. Aside from that I'm looking for good sound (5.1 preferably, I have a Creative X-Fi 5.1 card) and a good mic obviously but as of now comfort comes first. Probably won't spend more then $150 dollars but really I'll look at anything and if its worth it I'll pay more. Thanks for the help.
December 3, 2009 3:10:22 PM

Bump. Anyone got anything?
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2009 12:39:33 AM

if your looking for really good sound quality and not spot on accurate positioning for gaming then stereo is the way to go with all the driveres and speaker in 5.1 the overall sound quality is NOT up to par a pair of these will give you the best god damn sound of your life http://www.amazon.com/Closed-back-audiophile-headphones...
m
l
December 20, 2009 11:56:59 AM

large headphones/headsets : steel series, logitech G35, creative soundblaster, and fatal1ty PRO.
m
l
December 29, 2009 11:19:33 PM

Went with the Sennheiser PC 350's. They work really well, fit around my ears and I can wear them for hours on end with no pain. Sound is really nice too.
m
l

Best solution

December 30, 2009 12:16:34 AM

The Sennheiser PC 350's have a 150 Ohm Impedance so if the sound ever seems weak or distant, it's because the audio source isn't pushing the drivers hard enough and you'll need a headphone amplifier like the one listed below.

FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier - $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0...
December 31, 2009 2:17:19 PM

i got suggestion, some speakers, like razer mako, ahve a headphone jack in there volume control pod, the jack is an amplified port, so it can pwoer ure headphoens,

of course some of us dont own such speakers, so im just suggesting, if u have speakerss with headphone jack, it may be powered properly.
m
l
!