A cautionary tale of how GW staff treat customers.......

A man walks into GW in Meadowhall Sheffield with 280 pounds to spend on
figures..........

In the store a member of staff is chasing the only customer ( a munchkin)
around with a toy lightsaber whilst his erstwhile companion looks on. This
is a 'Band A' store by the way.........

They look sheepish at being caught but the customer goes to browse quietly
whereupon the 'straight man' of the two hapless staff comes over and starts
with a conversation which goes;

ADAM (let's call him that to save his identity) : ' What you looking at
today ???'

Customer : ' spreading hands to take in the vista of obvious and somewhat
limited products availabe) ' Let me see.... icecream ??' (grins)

ADAM : Yer, well if you want owt just shout yeah ?'

Customer: 'OK'

ADAM : 'And if you ever talk to me like that agin it'll be the last time you
walk in this store'

Customer : beep beeep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep ' Hello,
is that Games Workshop Lenton.....ah good I'd like to comment on your
Sheffield Meadowhall store, in particular the conduct of Adam M(censored)
and threats made by the same.

Well folks, that little customer relations boo boo cost GW £280.00 in solid
sales, the money being frivolously spent thereafter in Waterstones and The
O'Neil Shop wher the staff actually like to make money. With staff like that
GW has no chance of turning around it's fortunes.
73 answers Last reply
More about cautionary tale staff treat customers

    Hey,

    > if you ever talk to me like that agin
    > it'll be the last time you walk in this store

    Ah, the tragedy of Midichlorian Deficit Disorder . . .

    I'll add this one:

    There are a couple of GW stores in local(ish) shopping malls.

    (Hindsight is 20/20; the result of this combination is inevitable)

    I noticed the GW logo on a storefront while visiting one such mall.

    I decided I'd ask if they had the (then) new BfM box.

    It was like walking into a day-care facility. Or a cattle pen.

    The cubical venue measured approximately 20ft a side.

    And there were *at least* 20 children in the place.

    There were also two red-shirted adults present.

    The haggard babysit...er...Staff.

    A Redshirt shouldered toward me through the scrum.

    [Tones of Terminal Depression] "Pickin gup or droppin goff?"

    I had to smile at the Janine Melnitz quote from 'Ghostbusters':

    It looks nice in the brochure, but I don't envy them their jobs.

    Playa

    --

    " It is hopelessness even more than pain that crushes the soul."
    - William Styron

    Well, that's Yorkshiremen for you, I suppose...

    Philip Bowles
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    seems to be GW polecy then
    here in holland.. if you dont buy you ll be treaded badly

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> schreef in
    bericht news:HDQee.8974$a9.5899@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > A man walks into GW in Meadowhall Sheffield with 280 pounds to spend on
    > figures..........
    >
    > In the store a member of staff is chasing the only customer ( a munchkin)
    > around with a toy lightsaber whilst his erstwhile companion looks on. This
    > is a 'Band A' store by the way.........
    >
    > They look sheepish at being caught but the customer goes to browse quietly
    > whereupon the 'straight man' of the two hapless staff comes over and
    starts
    > with a conversation which goes;
    >
    > ADAM (let's call him that to save his identity) : ' What you looking at
    > today ???'
    >
    > Customer : ' spreading hands to take in the vista of obvious and somewhat
    > limited products availabe) ' Let me see.... icecream ??' (grins)
    >
    > ADAM : Yer, well if you want owt just shout yeah ?'
    >
    > Customer: 'OK'
    >
    > ADAM : 'And if you ever talk to me like that agin it'll be the last time
    you
    > walk in this store'
    >
    > Customer : beep beeep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep '
    Hello,
    > is that Games Workshop Lenton.....ah good I'd like to comment on your
    > Sheffield Meadowhall store, in particular the conduct of Adam M(censored)
    > and threats made by the same.
    >

    > Well folks, that little customer relations boo boo cost GW £280.00 in
    solid
    > sales, the money being frivolously spent thereafter in Waterstones and The
    > O'Neil Shop wher the staff actually like to make money. With staff like
    that
    > GW has no chance of turning around it's fortunes.

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Dappere Dodo" <dd.suykerbuyk@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht
    > seems to be GW polecy then
    > here in holland.. if you dont buy you ll be treaded badly

    You think so? I've browsed a couple of times in Amsterdam (Rokin) but was
    never treated badly. In my experience, if you don't need the staff, they
    leave you alone there.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <nospam@nospam.nl> schreef in bericht
    > "Dappere Dodo" <dd.suykerbuyk@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht
    > > seems to be GW polecy then
    > > here in holland.. if you dont buy you ll be treaded badly
    >
    > You think so? I've browsed a couple of times in Amsterdam (Rokin) but was
    > never treated badly. In my experience, if you don't need the staff, they
    > leave you alone there.

    ow i never go to A'dam

    more like den haag which not SO bad any more
    but Rotterdam how ever....
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea pbowles@aol.com said

    > Well, that's Yorkshiremen for you, I suppose...

    You mean there's an English to Snarfgargle dictionary?

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

    Damn right

    Megadodo Publishing Corporation publish it over the ethernet
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:

    > ADAM (let's call him that to save his identity) : ' What you looking at
    > today ???'
    >
    > Customer : ' spreading hands to take in the vista of obvious and somewhat
    > limited products availabe) ' Let me see.... icecream ??' (grins)
    >
    > ADAM : Yer, well if you want owt just shout yeah ?'
    >
    > Customer: 'OK'
    >
    > ADAM : 'And if you ever talk to me like that agin it'll be the last time you
    > walk in this store'

    So, the shopman asked you a perfectly valid question, and you got all
    snarky on him. And he got annoyed, hmm imagine that, sales clerks are
    people too.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > A man walks into GW in Meadowhall Sheffield with 280 pounds to spend on
    > figures..........

    Bah. Typical.

    > Well folks, that little customer relations boo boo cost GW £280.00 in solid
    > sales,

    Warmachine! Flames of War!

    Hell, even Starship Troopers would be a better choice.

    BTW, if you're still pissed, *write* GW HQ and lay the thing out. You
    might get the little punk swapped out for a less snotty fellow.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >> A man walks into GW in Meadowhall Sheffield with 280 pounds to spend on
    >> figures..........
    >
    > Bah. Typical.
    >
    >> Well folks, that little customer relations boo boo cost GW £280.00 in
    >> solid sales,
    >
    > Warmachine! Flames of War!
    >
    > Hell, even Starship Troopers would be a better choice.

    But he just sold his Starship Troopers stuff.

    > BTW, if you're still pissed, *write* GW HQ and lay the thing out. You
    > might get the little punk swapped out for a less snotty fellow.

    Nahhh it was a salesperson in MeadowHell, its easier to find customers than
    staff for there.....

    --
    estarriol
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It would have been reasonable if the tone itself had not been sarcastic
    bub........

    and let me assure you I KNOW all about running and owning and working in a
    game store ......and how GW trains its staff and what it, as a corporate
    entity expects
    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >

    >> ADAM (let's call him that to save his identity) : ' What you looking at
    >> today ???'
    >>
    >> Customer : ' spreading hands to take in the vista of obvious and somewhat
    >> limited products availabe) ' Let me see.... icecream ??' (grins)
    >>
    >> ADAM : Yer, well if you want owt just shout yeah ?'
    >>
    >> Customer: 'OK'
    >>
    >> ADAM : 'And if you ever talk to me like that agin it'll be the last time
    >> you walk in this store'
    >
    > So, the shopman asked you a perfectly valid question, and you got all
    > snarky on him. And he got annoyed, hmm imagine that, sales clerks are
    > people too.
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Lasrt time that happened the guy gor tranferred 40 miles away........
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Indeed........

    I could tell you a really funny story about Meadowhell and its hijinx but
    not here ;) :)
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Theres no allegation of what I said.......... it was said.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon wrote:

    > Sure, I'd agree that there are clueless and annoying customers, but then
    > again I know there are clueless and annoying nitwits in retail too.
    > Having worked in retail and judging by the description of the original
    > insident, I'd stand by my comments.

    I work in retail now. Going by Snarg's previous posts and displayed
    attitude, I stand by my comments that he overreacted. I see them all the
    time, people that are rude to the staff, but get outraged if somebody
    takes exception. They're usually yelling at the teenage girl running the
    cash register.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    A retard that spends a LOT of money in the hobby, and who KNOWS the hobby as
    a business too............. the type you despise. But hey don't confuse me
    with Ji........

    :)

    You have to laugh

    Oh and Myr. they have black shirts now mate............ to make them a
    harder target to acquire LOL
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Now, conversely I went to the Gaming Centre 600 yards away from Meadowhell
    at 9PM......... note the time and that the staff must have been pretty
    pissed by that time.

    The service and banter were 100%, A1, witty and intelligent.

    They got £180 from me such was my satisfaction as a customer...... True it
    goes to GW anyway but it reflects on the stats for that particular branch.
    So as you can see the approach to the customer DOES matter eh ???
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Indeed Myr..........

    had he just acknowledged me and not tried to cover for the fact that he and
    his buddy were chasing a kiddy with toy lightsabers ...............

    Book stores and dedicated game stores have the same basic pitfalls with
    regards to customers. Anyone ho has worked with either for any amount of
    time (20 years or so in my case) soon learn an amount of empathic
    understanding of customers.....
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:20:16 GMT:

    > Now, conversely I went to the Gaming Centre 600 yards away from Meadowhell
    > at 9PM......... note the time and that the staff must have been pretty
    > pissed by that time.
    >
    > The service and banter were 100%, A1, witty and intelligent.
    >
    > They got £180 from me such was my satisfaction as a customer...... True it
    > goes to GW anyway but it reflects on the stats for that particular branch.
    > So as you can see the approach to the customer DOES matter eh ???

    So your original post wasn't accurate then, the £280 wasn't all spent at
    Waterstones and O'Neils. Or is this personality #2 who's posting now ...

    :P

    Dan
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    gear..........

    Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180 there on
    Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear.... :)

    Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Myrmidon entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > After all, 'clueless
    > customer's money' isn't any LESS valuable than 'smart customer's money'.

    Actually it tends to be MORE valuable as they normally will spend more of it
    on unrelated items that they think go with what they want.

    > Sure, I'd agree that there are clueless and annoying customers, but then
    > again I know there are clueless and annoying nitwits in retail too.
    > Having worked in retail and judging by the description of the original
    > insident, I'd stand by my comments.

    I see you aren't lowering your "standerds" when it comes to talking about
    the "insident"...

    (I think today is going to be a good day)!
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:

    > No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    > gear..........
    >
    > Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180 there
    > on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear.... :)

    OK, so it was 9PM *the next day*. See, you missed that bit, which is why
    people are beginning to think you missed stuff out of your original post ...

    > Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(

    Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly. As it is I'm
    trying to balance my much reduced expenditure via eBay with paying for my
    wedding and a re-mortgage :\

    Dan
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Well the wife pays the mortgage and bills and my money is purely for our
    pleaseure and gratification spack. Though of course this week I'll have
    around £200 instead .....what with holiday savings..... (watch out GW Truro
    .... August is spending month :) )

    However I may stockpile it for a month and have a proper
    spend..........After all I have TWO of the new Tyranid army deals (bought
    one from Wargamestore.com on Friday) and the High Elves to paint :( poor me
    eh ??
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere
    entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > Indeed Myr..........
    >
    > had he just acknowledged me and not tried to cover for the fact that he and
    > his buddy were chasing a kiddy with toy lightsabers ...............
    >
    > Book stores and dedicated game stores have the same basic pitfalls with
    > regards to customers. Anyone ho has worked with either for any amount of
    > time (20 years or so in my case) soon learn an amount of empathic
    > understanding of customers.....

    That is a very true statement, I remember working in my shop when I had it
    and being able to tell by a persons body language if they wanted to browse
    quietly or if they needed more direct help. I was rarely wrong in either
    case. The casual browser would get eye contact and a friendly wave or hello
    if I didn't make eye contact. The person that came in looking like a deer
    caught in headlights would generally get help of a more direct sort.

    The best way for him to have covered about the light saber though would have
    been to ask you if you had seen them yet, and proffer it for your
    inspection.
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Have you ever worked a sales job where you have to put up with stupid,
    > clueless and obnoxious people all day, who nevertheless won't believe what
    > you tell them?

    that's what they're PAID for. life's a bitch and people are stupid, get
    used to it.
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Amazingly succinct for you Doc' :) :)
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:
    >
    >> No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    >> gear..........
    >>
    >> Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180 there
    >> on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear.... :)
    >
    >> Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
    >
    > Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly.

    I wish I had that much money to spend on anything at all, ANNUALLY.
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 11:15:12 GMT:

    > Well the wife pays the mortgage and bills and my money is purely for our
    > pleaseure and gratification spack. Though of course this week I'll have
    > around £200 instead .....what with holiday savings..... (watch out GW
    > Truro ... August is spending month :) )

    Ah, GW Truro - what a tiny little place. I remember buying most of my stuff
    there when it was Truro Micro, long before GW got their claws in and took it
    over. The woman that owned it and her son were really friendly, and had a
    good range on non-GW stuff all across the window side of the shop. Happy
    days ...

    (and in case it wasn't obvious, I used to live down that way, it was a 10
    mile jaunt on the train/bus to the shop but it was the only one in the area
    that had a good range of figures and games).

    > However I may stockpile it for a month and have a proper
    > spend..........After all I have TWO of the new Tyranid army deals (bought
    > one from Wargamestore.com on Friday) and the High Elves to paint :( poor
    > me eh ??

    Are you actually going to paint these or just sell them on? After your ST
    debacle I'm suprised your wife lets you anywhere near gaming stores :P

    Dan
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Hey Craig,

    It's not easy filling Williams' shoes.

    Valera tried, but didn't last too long before the blinders fell off.

    Ah, RGMW in May.

    Jim's taking up Spelling-Nazism.

    Craig's up in arms about netiquette.

    Myrmidon's saving up for a *really stupendous* flame.

    Erik's keeping a low profile. Shhh . . .

    Singers is dabbling in Grammar-Nazism

    Al's . . . well, Al. God bless you, you sick bastard.

    Now all it lacks is that one Hillbilly fellow. What was his name?

    Frog, or something like that? He was nice. I miss him.

    Keep up the good work, people. And let's be careful out there.

    Playa

    --

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.miniatures.warhammer/browse_thread/thread/b91ccae1849e3fd/da7f17c7c49b6219
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Hey Craig,
    >
    > It's not easy filling Williams' shoes.
    >
    > Valera tried, but didn't last too long before the blinders fell off.
    >
    > Ah, RGMW in May.
    >
    > Jim's taking up Spelling-Nazism.
    >
    > Craig's up in arms about netiquette.
    >
    > Myrmidon's saving up for a *really stupendous* flame.
    >
    > Erik's keeping a low profile. Shhh . . .
    >
    > Singers is dabbling in Grammar-Nazism
    >
    > Al's . . . well, Al. God bless you, you sick bastard.
    >
    > Now all it lacks is that one Hillbilly fellow. What was his name?
    >
    > Frog, or something like that? He was nice. I miss him.
    >
    > Keep up the good work, people. And let's be careful out there.
    >

    > Playa

    Nice and quiet outtake. Sounds like one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Can't
    find nurse Ratchett.

    :) berto
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:

    >>>No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and
    surf
    >>>ear..........
    >>>

    >>> Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180
    there
    >>>on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear....
    :)

    >>> Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
    >>

    >> Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly.
    >

    >I wish I had that much money to spend on anything at all, ANNUALLY.

    I know the feeling...

    Philip Bowles
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Indeed........
    > I could tell you a really funny story about Meadowhell and its hijinx but
    > not here ;) :)

    Aww, c'mon...don't tease us ;)

    --
    Daniel Blakemore
    Mini Gallery #1 - http://www.rottenlead.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=8
    #2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
    #3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
    ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Doctor Rock wrote:
    > "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:
    >>
    >>> No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    >>> gear..........
    >>>
    >>> Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180
    >>> there on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my
    >>> dear.... :)
    >>
    >>> Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
    >>
    >> Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly.
    >
    > I wish I had that much money to spend on anything at all, ANNUALLY.

    I just wish he'd quit bragging about how much money he throws around in
    virtually every single post. Hey, gargle: we all know it's an expensive
    hobby, bro - no point in hammering it home every time you write something
    here. There are a lot of people here who spend as much as you on Warhammer;
    there are a lot of people here who have other cash-intensive hobbies
    (photography, scuba diving, shooting, I think there's a few gearheads here
    as well). Pointing out how awesome it is that you're spending all the cash
    isn't impressing anybody, and it might be alienating some people who have
    information you could use.

    --
    Ken Coble
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
    in news:HDQee.8974$a9.5899@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > A man walks into GW in Meadowhall Sheffield with 280 pounds to spend
    > on figures..........
    >
    > In the store a member of staff is chasing the only customer ( a
    > munchkin) around with a toy lightsaber whilst his erstwhile companion
    > looks on. This is a 'Band A' store by the way.........
    >
    > They look sheepish at being caught but the customer goes to browse
    > quietly whereupon the 'straight man' of the two hapless staff comes
    > over and starts with a conversation which goes;
    >
    > ADAM (let's call him that to save his identity) : ' What you looking
    > at today ???'
    >
    > Customer : ' spreading hands to take in the vista of obvious and
    > somewhat limited products availabe) ' Let me see.... icecream ??'
    > (grins)
    >
    > ADAM : Yer, well if you want owt just shout yeah ?'
    >
    > Customer: 'OK'
    >
    > ADAM : 'And if you ever talk to me like that agin it'll be the last
    > time you walk in this store'
    >
    > Customer : beep beeep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep '
    > Hello, is that Games Workshop Lenton.....ah good I'd like to comment
    > on your Sheffield Meadowhall store, in particular the conduct of Adam
    > M(censored) and threats made by the same.

    Well done! I hope you complained to the store manager (unless it was him
    you were complaining about, of course), and I hope you write to GW Head
    office to complain. There are too many GW staff members who have severe
    attitude problems, and seem to think they are gods in their own little
    kingdoms, rather than employees for a multi-national company. Complaints
    have had the pricks fired in the past, which has adjusted the attitudes of
    remaining staff (at least for a while). So the only way the staff'll learn
    is by enough examples.
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    '' They're usually yelling at the teenage girl running the
    cash register.''

    Whatever turns you on...... I don't know about you mate but I spent 2 years
    in retail training.... something lacking in todays retail environment.
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    temper temper... I am replying where I read something. Now hush
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    You meant the one about how all but one of its staff got fired for
    'irragularities' in 1999 ????

    The only gut who survived was the guy with flu. And the guy that blew the
    whistle got topped too despite uncovering a few BIG frauds by the manager
    ( a long standing manager at that) who was done on 7 counts of gross
    misconduct.

    But that's the short version... its better in the full telling.
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Top posting.....

    errr not sure what that is BUT if I've done it... I apologise.....
    seriously, I'm sorry, very very sorry.

    Honestly I am....... a polite explaination of what it is exactly would be
    nice..... But not by Mr Little please... he types way too loud.

    :)
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:KyOfe.6794$Jc5.1582@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Top posting.....
    >
    > errr not sure what that is BUT if I've done it... I apologise.....
    > seriously, I'm sorry, very very sorry.
    >
    > Honestly I am....... a polite explaination of what it is exactly would be
    > nice..... But not by Mr Little please... he types way too loud.

    It would be posting a reply above the message as is clearly explained in
    innumerable posts here...
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:KyOfe.6794$Jc5.1582@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Top posting.....
    >
    > errr not sure what that is BUT if I've done it... I apologise.....
    > seriously, I'm sorry, very very sorry.
    >
    > Honestly I am....... a polite explaination of what it is exactly would be
    > nice..... But not by Mr Little please... he types way too loud.
    >

    > :)
    AHHHHHHHHH ..... just looked it up. Sorry for that I think I have it now.
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
    in news:avOfe.6787$Jc5.542@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > You meant the one about how all but one of its staff got fired for
    > 'irragularities' in 1999 ????
    >
    > The only gut who survived was the guy with flu. And the guy that blew
    > the whistle got topped too despite uncovering a few BIG frauds by the
    > manager ( a long standing manager at that) who was done on 7 counts of
    > gross misconduct.
    >
    > But that's the short version... its better in the full telling.

    I take it this was meant to reply to me? I actually meant more recently
    than 1999 and actually to do with bad customer service (blunt rudeness to
    kids), but if that's the story you prefer, then please share, as I don't
    think I've heard that one.
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Kermit" <kermy_SPAMMED_frog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
    > in news:avOfe.6787$Jc5.542@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >
    >> You meant the one about how all but one of its staff got fired for
    >> 'irragularities' in 1999 ????
    >>
    >> The only gut who survived was the guy with flu. And the guy that blew
    >> the whistle got topped too despite uncovering a few BIG frauds by the
    >> manager ( a long standing manager at that) who was done on 7 counts of
    >> gross misconduct.
    >>
    >> But that's the short version... its better in the full telling.
    >>

    > I take it this was meant to reply to me? I actually meant more recently
    > than 1999 and actually to do with bad customer service (blunt rudeness to
    > kids), but if that's the story you prefer, then please share, as I don't
    > think I've heard that one.

    Sorry kermit that was in answer to Dan Blakemore...... say you're not the
    Kermit of GW Sheffield fame ???
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarf'" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in

    > "Kermit" <kermy_SPAMMED_frog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com>
    >> wrote in news:avOfe.6787$Jc5.542@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >>
    >>> You meant the one about how all but one of its staff got fired for
    >>> 'irragularities' in 1999 ????
    >>>
    >>> The only gut who survived was the guy with flu. And the guy that
    >>> blew the whistle got topped too despite uncovering a few BIG frauds
    >>> by the manager ( a long standing manager at that) who was done on 7
    >>> counts of gross misconduct.
    >>>
    >>> But that's the short version... its better in the full telling.
    >>>

    >> I take it this was meant to reply to me? I actually meant more
    >> recently than 1999 and actually to do with bad customer service
    >> (blunt rudeness to kids), but if that's the story you prefer, then
    >> please share, as I don't think I've heard that one.
    >
    > Sorry kermit that was in answer to Dan Blakemore...... say you're not
    > the
    > Kermit of GW Sheffield fame ???

    Not from GW Sheffield, but I know there's a few "Kermits" (customers and
    staff) that frequent GW stores
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > "Snarf'" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    >

    >> "Kermit" <kermy_SPAMMED_frog@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> I take it this was meant to reply to me? I actually meant more
    >>> recently than 1999 and actually to do with bad customer service
    >>> (blunt rudeness to kids), but if that's the story you prefer, then
    >>> please share, as I don't think I've heard that one.
    >>
    >> Sorry kermit that was in answer to Dan Blakemore...... say you're not
    >> the
    >> Kermit of GW Sheffield fame ???
    >>

    > Not from GW Sheffield, but I know there's a few "Kermits" (customers and
    > staff) that frequent GW stores

    Bugger...............the Kermit I am trying to find was called that because
    of his large Slann army... which I have been trying to track down to offer
    him serious money for since '91. Pity you could have become 'Kermit the
    well-off thanks to selly my lead' LOL
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Hey Craig,
    >
    > It's not easy filling Williams' shoes.
    >
    > Valera tried, but didn't last too long before the blinders fell off.
    >
    > Ah, RGMW in May.
    >
    > Jim's taking up Spelling-Nazism.
    >
    > Craig's up in arms about netiquette.

    Actually, I miss a good off-topic flamewar, I'm just waiting for Setzer to
    meltdown or one of Jimi's minions to turn up. I thought at least with the
    new pope we could have had a religious attack going on.
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Doctor Rock entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:
    > >
    > >> No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    > >> gear..........
    > >>
    > >> Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180 there
    > >> on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear.... :)
    > >
    > >> Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
    > >
    > > Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly.
    >
    > I wish I had that much money to spend on anything at all, ANALLY.

    fyp (It just had to be done!)

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Jim M" <hnjcomics@gmail.com> wrote in message
    It was a cold day in September when Doctor Rock entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Snarfgargle wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 10:40:42 GMT:
    > >
    > >> No indeed I spent a total of £320 that day on books , DvD's and surf
    > >> gear..........
    > >>
    > >> Then had a trip to the GC the following night and spent another 180
    > >> there
    > >> on Tyranids, High Elves and a couple of army books Spack my dear.... :)
    > >
    > >> Mind you that spent me out for this week...... :(
    > >
    > > Week? I wish I had that much money to blow on junk weekly.
    >
    > I wish I had that much money to spend on anything at all, ANALLY.

    fyp (It just had to be done!)

    That's the RGMW I know and am kinda freaked out by!
  48. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Playa entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > Jim's taking up Spelling-Nazism.

    Only as it applies to Myr, someone's got to keep him in line. Of course we
    could send him a comb, then he could comb his hair out of his eyes and he
    wouldn't make those mistakes...
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <MPG.1ce9d4ebaf77637198a550@news.west.earthlink.net>, Jim M,
    hnjcomics@gmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > It was a cold day in September when Playa entered the world pub known as
    > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >
    > > Jim's taking up Spelling-Nazism.
    > >

    > Only as it applies to Myr, someone's got to keep him in line. Of course we
    > could send him a comb, then he could comb his hair out of his eyes and he
    > wouldn't make those mistakes...

    I resemble that remark. Besides, with my wife and kids (not to
    mention the petting zoo) - my hair stands straight up.

    Myr - chics dig the hair - midon

    --
    Unpainted models gives you power over others? <looking around
    apartment>

    I AM A GODDESS !!!!!

    -- Janet Quick

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.b3p0.com/~rgmw/