[Model] Who's working on what?`

Hello,

Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.

I'm finished with stage 1 of my 'insane terrain' project. Woot! I've
now got enough hill terrain to cover about 4 tables. Seriously. We're
talking about 60 to 80+ hill pieces (corner, edge, and free standing
hills) ranging in size from tiny (just big enough to get 2 minis on it)
to 1.5 x 3 feet in area. Half of it will be going to a friend of mine
(just as soon as he finishes moving from California to Boston.) Which
will still leave me plenty for setting up a table with a load of hilly
terrain if desired. I've also gotten the base painting done on my
'Bunker Hill'. I still need to do the foamcore bunkers, and then detail
the trenches, but the basics are done and it's reasonably useable as is.
Of course now I'll have to finish those razor wire sections (that have
been sitting around 1/2 built for ages) to go with the bunker hill.
Stage 2 is a shed load of revetments and artillery craters which are
started, and hopefully this summer I'll get around to stage 3 which will
be a load of multi-story city fight ruins. I've also got a load of
Jungle terrain that just needs the bases flocked/static grassed and then
the foliage glued into place. Should be able to knock that out in half
a day when I get the chance.

I'm also nearly done painting an 'Old One Eye' Nid for a friend of mine.
Hopefully he'll like the paint scheme and I can start knocking out other
Nid units of his (that he's been waiting on for ages.)

And since my Marine forces have languished for ages, I've finally
started working on them as well since it would be nice if opponents
actually had some choices about what to field rather than fielding the
same 5 units every game.

I've gotten the basics done on a Land Raider Crusader. And since the
weather was nice here (for a change finally!), I've also primered 2 five
man squads of Termies +1 termie with an ass-cannon (thinking of calling
him Brother Bohica) a load of scouts (HTH, Snipers, 4 bolters, and 2 hvy
weapons), a marine command squad along with a few extra characters (2nd
tech marine, etc.) and a 10 strong assault squad with jump packs plus a
sgt. In the finished catagory I've knocked out a quickie tac squad of
'Silver Skulls' using the BfM marines along with a couple of assault
weapons marines. The BfM marines are decent looking with a reasonable
paint job, and will likely result in the retirement of my old 2nd Ed.
Silver Skulls tac squad (once I get a few more squads of the newer
plastics done as well) - but I'm keeping my Beakie squads in service!
I'm also 95% done with an additional pair of 'old school' Land Raiders
to match my first one. They're table top ready, but still need a few
details finished up.

In addition, I've completed rare earth magnet conversions of an Imperial
Dread, Whirlwind, and Pred. I'm particularly pleased with the Pred as
all the parts are removable/swappable so that it can be fielded as any
pred configuration, a poor man's Razor back (twin-linked Laz turret
only), or a plain vanilla Rhino all from a single kit. I've got
pictures of all the details and I'm currently working up 'how to'
articles on each of the above for RGMW.org as well. I'm thinking of
calling the article series 'economics of force'.

(Now if I can only convince my wife to let me live in the basement and
game full time... ;)

So, what have the rest of you been up to?

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

More about model working what

    Finally organised a regular night to paint and model along with a couple of
    friends. Converted my fiance's brother to WH40K and he's put us all to shame
    by painting most of his army in just a few weeks. Anyway, onto my projects:

    Painting Steel Legion figs in a grey/black/silver scheme, 45 now done with
    another 50+ to do.

    Halfway through converting up some rough riders - I'm happy with the look,
    just need pinning, GS, and painting.

    Last week I put together my Forgeworld Thunderbolt, so that's now in line to
    be painted, just need to work out how to use my airbrush ¬_¬

    FW Valkyrie is in the middle of construction, but I've got to paint the
    inside and the door gunners before putting it together so this week I hope
    to at least get started on that. It's been sat on my shelf for a year (or
    two) with bluetac holding it together, so it's about time I sort it out.

    I've got an order of rare earth magnets due this week to add to some of my
    models - wing mounts on the Thunderbolt and Valkyrie to allow weapon swaps,
    arms on dreads, sponsons on Russ' and predator.

    Spare basilisk chassis is still crying out for some work - decided on making
    the rear swappable between hellhound, griffon, and chimera. Can never have
    enough chimeras ...

    And then on top of that I've got a few hundred figs to start painting. My
    aim is to try and get the IG done first, then move onto the next army. As
    I've already painted 44 more figs in the past few weeks than I had
    previously done in 2 years, this is starting to look like an achievable
    target. However, I will hide 1 figure away unpainted to ensure that I don't
    die.

    Dan
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <MPG.1ce9f19af4d9bf8a98a54c@news-server.woh.rr.com>, Myrmidon wrote:

    <snip>

    > So, what have the rest of you been up to?

    Trying to finish painting my Tau army. Only one half-painted broadside
    suit left. Too bad the list was made with v3 in mind and isn't
    quite what I want for v4....
    :-/

    Using the leftover power fists from the new terminator box to make
    more veterans with power fists.

    Making a second assault cannon armed terminator by using the heavy
    flamer arm and a tornado assault cannon.

    Converting a commander with a pair of lightning claws.

    Making Star Craft style terrain, i. e. large light blue crystals
    sticking out of the ground.

    --
    Joakim
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.

    I'm trying to get my Tau force completely painted. I'm trying to find good
    color photos of WW2-era Soviet Tanks & Planes before deciding which one to
    rip off on my Pathfinder's Devilfish.

    I'm also stripping a Praetorian Lt. down and trying to think of a good
    scheme for him that isn't primarily red or blue.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
    > In article <MPG.1ce9f19af4d9bf8a98a54c@news-server.woh.rr.com>,

    > Making a second assault cannon armed terminator by using the heavy
    > flamer arm and a tornado assault cannon.

    How's that working out compared with the new Terminator AssCan bit?
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Myrmidon entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> [...]
    > I'm also 95% done with an additional pair of 'old school' Land Raiders
    > to match my first one. They're table top ready, but still need a few
    > details finished up.
    >
    > In addition, I've completed rare earth magnet conversions of an Imperial
    > Dread, Whirlwind, and Pred. I'm particularly pleased with the Pred as
    > all the parts are removable/swappable so that it can be fielded as any
    > pred configuration, a poor man's Razor back (twin-linked Laz turret
    > only), or a plain vanilla Rhino all from a single kit. I've got
    > pictures of all the details and I'm currently working up 'how to'
    > articles on each of the above for RGMW.org as well. I'm thinking of
    > calling the article series 'economics of force'.
    >
    > (Now if I can only convince my wife to let me live in the basement and
    > game full time... ;)
    >
    > So, what have the rest of you been up to?

    I'm working on getting boxes so that I can send out those Cedar strips, the
    post office rejected my first attempt...

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,

    Snip

    Trying to finish touch-ups, detailing and basing of my SM Cmd Sqd. Still
    have no idea as to what Im going to paint on the Chptr banner. Burma Shave?
    Rhino/Razorback (Rhinoback?) looking forlorn and lonely up on the shelf. All
    base coated, waiting to get painted up. No idea for a color scheme. My
    splinter Chptr is Ultra-based, but Im toying w/ the idea of having
    "hand-me-downs" from other chapters or cobbled together stuff. Y'know,
    replacement of front armor plating taken from a blowed-up DA Rhino,
    twin-linked lascannon from SpcWlvs, etc.. I like the ragtag look.
    Sisters squad 95% done, S. Repentia waiting their turn, but both on the back
    burner right now, sitting on the shelf next to two inquisitor minis I got
    2-for-1.
    Closeout sales kick ass.
    Dread almost done. Just need touch-ups and detailing.
    And thats about it for me.

    drgrbek
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Essays, reports, Species Action Plans and the like... Nothing
    miniature-related, partly due to lack of time and partly because I have
    a grand total of one miniature over here (the limited edition High Elf
    Hero). If and when I find the time (and a supplier of paints and
    brushes) I'll get to work painting him up - I don't want to find myself
    in the same situation I'm in in the UK, with most of my models
    unpainted, so I'll paint the one I've got before getting anything else.

    Philip Bowles
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.

    yep.... level 59 master sergaent Night Elf Hunter. its sooooo addictive.

    miniatures.. what were they again?
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <CcCdnVHTtZHESB3fRVn-gw@comcast.com>, Craig Little wrote:

    > "jockelinde" <nouser@notmydomain.se> wrote in message
    >> In article <MPG.1ce9f19af4d9bf8a98a54c@news-server.woh.rr.com>,
    >
    >> Making a second assault cannon armed terminator by using the heavy
    >> flamer arm and a tornado assault cannon.
    >>
    > How's that working out compared with the new Terminator AssCan bit?

    I first tried the old metal termi arm with assault cannon. That looked
    terrible since the new assault cannon is so much bigger. The tornado
    assault cannon OTOH is about the same size (possibly slightly thicker
    and shorter) as the new termi assault cannon. While the conversion
    won't be identical to the new arm it'll have the right size and the
    right look.

    The biggest problem with the tornado assault cannon is that the ammo
    box is on the inside. This will constrain the possible poses
    somewhat. Joining the remains of the heavy flamer and the assault
    cannon also requires some fancy green stuffing (havn't done
    that yet).

    --
    Joakim
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Jim M entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > > So, what have the rest of you been up to?
    > >

    > I'm working on getting boxes so that I can send out those Cedar strips, the
    > post office rejected my first attempt...

    OI! that and forgetting how to snip...
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Craig Little entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.
    > >
    > I'm trying to get my Tau force completely painted. I'm trying to find good
    > color photos of WW2-era Soviet Tanks & Planes before deciding which one to
    > rip off on my Pathfinder's Devilfish.
    >
    > I'm also stripping a Praetorian Lt. down and trying to think of a good
    > scheme for him that isn't primarily red or blue.

    It was in need of it... The mini banged about a good bit over the years...

    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Myrmidon" <ImNot@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    >> Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.
    >>
    > I'm trying to get my Tau force completely painted. I'm trying to find good
    > color photos of WW2-era Soviet Tanks & Planes before deciding which one to
    > rip off on my Pathfinder's Devilfish.

    Green, Olive, or whitewash over green and mud depending on the season. There
    planes were green upper works as well, But I wish a 1/48th Stumovorik
    (however its spelt) as a ground attack plane. The Green/khaki troops, green
    vehicles with the red star and white markings and patriotic slogans would
    suit the Tau pretty well.

    --
    estarriol
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.

    The main thing I'm working on is finishing up a 10 man squad of Assault
    Marines. I've two men to finish and I'll have the 7 basic troops finished
    (actually I'll be finishing an 8th while I'm at it). I just picked up a box
    of the new Assault Marines as I want to use the bits from it to do up a Sgt.
    with a Power Weapon (probably the Axe). Where I'm having a difficult time
    is in arming two of them with Flamers. I've stated thinking about simply
    using standard space marine torso's for those two (I had been going to get a
    couple of the ancient close combat sprue's and use the flamer pistols, but
    think the modern flamers would look better).

    I'm also working on finishing up a Terminator squad. I've so far got the
    Sgt, and one Storm Bolter/Power Fist Marine finished (I need to finish a
    second one of those, and both Heavy Flamer Terminators.

    I've started work on a Razorback, and have it basically put together, but
    who knows when I'm going to get around to painting it. I need to put
    together a second Razorback and a Rhino. Who knows when I'll actually paint
    these.

    The Imperial Guard army I was working on is basically put together. I need
    to build 10-20 more figures (mainly Officers, and Sgt's), and the vehicles.
    For the basic troops I'm using Cadian plastics. I'm planning on using
    Mordian's for the Officers, as I don't like most of the Cadian Officer
    figures. I've considered using Steel Legion for an Armored Fist or two, but
    will probably stick with the Cadian plastics for that to maintain a more
    unified army look. My main holdup on getting more work done on the IG army
    is that I'm really not to sure what I want the paint scheme to look like. I
    had a pretty good idea of how I wanted it to look, but my test figures don't
    look very good.

    I've started painting a Necron Lord to go with the Necron's I just got off
    eBay. I'm not set on a paint scheme for these. I like the idea of a
    non-standard paint scheme, but at the same time I'm not looking to spend a
    lot of time on these. As a result I'll probably go with a inked metallic
    scheme. Ideally I want to paint 500+ points in about a week.

    A couple months ago, I bought some foam core board, and some of the pink
    insulation board to work on Terrain I've had some good results, but have
    put that project on hold to concentrate on the Space Marine additions I'm
    working on.

    My Tyrannid army that I was workign on 2-3 months ago, is on hold. In part
    as I want to wait for the new Codex before I put any real work into it, and
    in part because I've kind of gone off the idea. Still I think the only
    figure that I actually *purchased* was the 3rd Ed. Hive Tyrant. The rest
    came out of the Space Hulk, and BfM boxes.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said

    > Hello,
    >
    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.

    You know you're a gamer when you go to get your wood glue to fix a stool,
    and it's not in your shed, it's in fact in the bottom of the third crate of
    bits you've collected to build scenary for games you never play.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

    I'm working on a Techmarine Titan with full servo harness.

    "Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Myrmidon said
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    >> Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.
    >
    > You know you're a gamer when you go to get your wood glue to fix a stool,
    > and it's not in your shed, it's in fact in the bottom of the third crate
    > of
    > bits you've collected to build scenary for games you never play.
    >
    > --
    > Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    > Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    > "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    > Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "william newman" <ROACHVAN@ttlc.net> wrote in message
    > I'm working on a Techmarine Titan with full servo harness.

    Please don't Top-post.

    Top-posting is typing your reply above the message, and is generally frowned
    on around here. After all the lingua franca of this group is English, a
    language that is read right-to left and top-to-bottom, so we're
    preconditioned to expect the newest stuff to be near the bottom of a
    message. For more tips please see the FAQ at http://www.rgmw.org . Thank
    you.

    Now, any chance of some pics of this titan?
    --
    Craig (Note this is your friendly warning, the later ones get hostile)
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon wrote:

    > So, what have the rest of you been up to?

    Building armor for my Lost and the Damned army. Fairly heavily converted
    Armored Basilisk, Leman, and a Hellhound to be exact. That and dozens of
    zombies. Still riding the fence about throwing a Sentinel into the mix.

    Piccies here:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/v358/Hive_Tyrant/LatD/

    (Didn't realize until after I took the pics that some sanding residue
    had made it's way all over the freshly primed models. All the little
    white dots have since been shown the door. <grin>)
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <d5r01902655@enews4.newsguy.com>, healyzh@aracnet.com,
    healyzh@aracnet.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
    > > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on what.
    >
    > The main thing I'm working on is finishing up a 10 man squad of Assault
    > Marines. I've two men to finish and I'll have the 7 basic troops finished
    > (actually I'll be finishing an 8th while I'm at it). I just picked up a box
    > of the new Assault Marines as I want to use the bits from it to do up a Sgt.
    > with a Power Weapon (probably the Axe). Where I'm having a difficult time
    > is in arming two of them with Flamers. I've stated thinking about simply
    > using standard space marine torso's for those two (I had been going to get a
    > couple of the ancient close combat sprue's and use the flamer pistols, but
    > think the modern flamers would look better).

    LOL - I've got 10 plastic marines including 2 with plasma pistols
    and 1 with a pair of the old school hand flamers. In addition I've got
    one of the old metal sgts - armed with a power axe.

    > I'm also working on finishing up a Terminator squad. I've so far got the
    > Sgt, and one Storm Bolter/Power Fist Marine finished (I need to finish a
    > second one of those, and both Heavy Flamer Terminators.
    >
    > I've started work on a Razorback, and have it basically put together, but
    > who knows when I'm going to get around to painting it. I need to put
    > together a second Razorback and a Rhino. Who knows when I'll actually paint
    > these.

    I have to admit I like the new Preds simply for the fact that with
    magnets, you can field any one of 4 kits (both preds, laz razorback, and
    standard Rhino) and only have bought one model kit.

    > The Imperial Guard army I was working on is basically put together. I need
    > to build 10-20 more figures (mainly Officers, and Sgt's), and the vehicles.
    > For the basic troops I'm using Cadian plastics. I'm planning on using
    > Mordian's for the Officers, as I don't like most of the Cadian Officer
    > figures. I've considered using Steel Legion for an Armored Fist or two, but
    > will probably stick with the Cadian plastics for that to maintain a more
    > unified army look. My main holdup on getting more work done on the IG army
    > is that I'm really not to sure what I want the paint scheme to look like. I
    > had a pretty good idea of how I wanted it to look, but my test figures don't
    > look very good.

    Well, I've started my Cadians, but I'm focusing on my marines
    right now. I do have 1 ten man squad fully painted, and another waiting
    to be prepped for primering. I've got 1 fully finished Sentinel as
    well, and a Russ and basilisk in progress, but still in need of a lot of
    work. Also have the command figures, and 1 squad of Ksarkin troopers
    primered up, and I'm slowly working on my hvy weapons squads (all the
    tripod weapons will be magnet mounted so I can swap them at will) so I
    can get the most out of two boxes I've got.

    > I've started painting a Necron Lord to go with the Necron's I just got off
    > eBay. I'm not set on a paint scheme for these. I like the idea of a
    > non-standard paint scheme, but at the same time I'm not looking to spend a
    > lot of time on these. As a result I'll probably go with a inked metallic
    > scheme. Ideally I want to paint 500+ points in about a week.

    They just don't do anything for me. I've seen some nice paint
    jobs and all, but the fluff just doesn't interest me.

    > A couple months ago, I bought some foam core board, and some of the pink
    > insulation board to work on Terrain I've had some good results, but have
    > put that project on hold to concentrate on the Space Marine additions I'm
    > working on.

    Terrain is always good. I'm about to go work on some more of mine
    in a moment.

    > My Tyrannid army that I was workign on 2-3 months ago, is on hold. In part
    > as I want to wait for the new Codex before I put any real work into it, and
    > in part because I've kind of gone off the idea. Still I think the only
    > figure that I actually *purchased* was the 3rd Ed. Hive Tyrant. The rest
    > came out of the Space Hulk, and BfM boxes.

    I can relate. I just got a 3rd Ed Hive Tyrant off Ebay for $20.
    I'm going to convert it into a flying tyrant (with magnetic wing mounts
    of course) since it'll be a lot easier than trying to convert one of the
    new models from the looks of things. I got a lot of Stealers (and
    Termies) out of the Space Hulk boxes at bargain prices even back in the
    day. And I'm sort of waiting on the new codex as well - though things
    like my ripper swarms don't really have to wait.

    Later,

    Myrmidon

    --
    "Conan, what is best in life?"
    "To paint your miniatures, to see them driven before you on the table,

    - Del Webb

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Craig Little said

    > Top-posting is typing your reply above the message, and is generally
    > frowned on around here. After all the lingua franca of this group is
    > English, a language that is read right-to left and top-to-bottom, so
    > we're preconditioned to expect the newest stuff to be near the bottom
    > of a message. For more tips please see the FAQ at http://www.rgmw.org
    > . Thank you.

    <nit> left to right </nit>

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Craig Little said
    >
    >> Top-posting is typing your reply above the message, and is generally
    >> frowned on around here. After all the lingua franca of this group is
    >> English, a language that is read right-to left and top-to-bottom, so
    >> we're preconditioned to expect the newest stuff to be near the bottom
    >> of a message. For more tips please see the FAQ at http://www.rgmw.org
    >> . Thank you.
    >
    > <nit> left to right </nit>

    Really, quite vital cock up that.
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on
    what.

    Adding two ebay sourced classic predators to my DA:SM army. Repainted
    both to point where inking and highlights done. Now I'm reworking the
    original predator and rhinos I had to match the more subtle
    highlighting I'm now doing. Going to add detailing/mud and waterslide
    transfers once that's done to tie them together.

    Seems mad paying £4 for a tank that cost £20+ new. Very little
    apparent detail is lost in the repainting.

    Trying to finish off a 10 man marine scout squad. It's an eclectic mix
    of the original scouts from the Space marine board game and some new
    scout snipers and a shot gunner for good measure. Some of these have
    waited 15 years to see their first coat of paint.

    Also trying to paint 10 mounted Chaos marauders and about 25 mounted
    chaos knights. I think I bought too many at once as I seem to be
    getting the same level of apathy I had when completing my IG army.

    Just picked up another squad of the RT era beaky marines, a space
    marine attack bike and three more terminators from ebay. Going to
    convert my spare heavy flamer arms to assault cannons so I can field a
    fairly assault cannon heavy list.

    Looking at two six man Terminators with two assault cannons per squad,
    three land speeder tornadoes with assault cannon/heavy bolter combo and
    three predators. I'm adding troop and HQ choices to bring it up to
    1000 or 1500 points. This is assuming I ever get off my bum and play
    rather than work out army lists on my spreadsheet which I never use.

    Regards,

    Fin
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
    > In article <d5r01902655@enews4.newsguy.com>, healyzh@aracnet.com,
    > healyzh@aracnet.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > > is in arming two of them with Flamers. I've stated thinking about
    > > simply using standard space marine torso's for those two (I had been
    > > going to get a couple of the ancient close combat sprue's and use the
    > > flamer pistols, but think the modern flamers would look better).

    > LOL - I've got 10 plastic marines including 2 with plasma pistols
    > and 1 with a pair of the old school hand flamers. In addition I've got
    > one of the old metal sgts - armed with a power axe.

    I'm really torn on the whole flamer issue. The hand flamers would be easier
    to model, but since you give up both the bolt pistol, and CCW, the flamers
    from the Tactical Sprues make more sense, and it will be easier to tell at a
    distance how they are armed. Of course the Tac flamers and arms don't fit on
    a Jump Pack torso.

    I've got a couple of complaints about the new Assault sprues. The first is
    why have *everything* you could possibly want, except the flamers. The
    second is I don't know about what everyone else has been getting, but the
    box I had was very poor quality, as there is lots of flash, and some pretty
    bad mold lines.

    > I have to admit I like the new Preds simply for the fact that with
    > magnets, you can field any one of 4 kits (both preds, laz razorback, and
    > standard Rhino) and only have bought one model kit.

    I'm quite impressed as well. You buy the basic frame, as which ever turns
    out to be the best value (I got 2 Razorbacks, and a Rhino dirt cheap). Then
    you can buy the additional sprues to make just about anything. I really
    need to get some rare earth magnets.

    I'm wondering it it is possible to use the magnets to have one Land Raider
    that is either a standard Land Raider, or you swap a couple things, and some
    more, and suddenly you have a Land Raider Crusader.

    > Well, I've started my Cadians, but I'm focusing on my marines
    > right now. I do have 1 ten man squad fully painted, and another waiting
    > to be prepped for primering. I've got 1 fully finished Sentinel as
    > well, and a Russ and basilisk in progress, but still in need of a lot of
    > work. Also have the command figures, and 1 squad of Ksarkin troopers
    > primered up, and I'm slowly working on my hvy weapons squads (all the
    > tripod weapons will be magnet mounted so I can swap them at will) so I
    > can get the most out of two boxes I've got.

    I'd forgotten about the Ksarkin squad that I still need to get ready to
    prime. Besides them, the big thing I have to sort out will be the Heavy
    Weapons.

    > They just don't do anything for me. I've seen some nice paint
    > jobs and all, but the fluff just doesn't interest me.

    I like the Necron's because they're basically an undead Sci-Fi army.

    I'm not that into the fluff, shoot, I'd be tempted to write my own
    replacement fluff for the Necrons. In fact now that I think about it....

    Suddenly I have the idea to do up a true undead army for WH40k using the
    Necron Army list :^)

    Zane
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    > Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:
    >>In article <d5r01902655@enews4.newsguy.com>, healyzh@aracnet.com,
    >>healyzh@aracnet.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

    <snip>

    > I've got a couple of complaints about the new Assault sprues. The first is
    > why have *everything* you could possibly want, except the flamers.

    To give people something to do with that excess of flamers from the
    Tactical squads taht they never used?

    > The
    > second is I don't know about what everyone else has been getting, but the
    > box I had was very poor quality, as there is lots of flash, and some pretty
    > bad mold lines.

    My new Tactical sprue was a bit on teh flashy side, too.

    --
    =/\= Lt. Cmdr. Jim =/\=
    By our chocolate, shall they know us.

    Myrmidon wrote:
    > So, what have the rest of you been up to?

    Hmm... It seems we haven't done this since Jim's Mutha's Day challenge?

    Of which, I haven't done a darn thing. I just haven't been motivated to
    work on GW stuff. The GW to-do list stands, but may not be acted upon
    for a while. Partly, it's a lack of storage space -- practically all of
    my storage boxes are full. OTOH, now that RTM & Q have reappeared,
    perhaps that's the necessary motivation to do *something* GW 40k.

    I'm mostly playing Pirates of the Spanish Main / Crimson Coast, which I
    find to be a neat, quick tactical game.

    But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks); this leaves
    me with just 4 small Bonejacks and a Slayer to tear down to the
    component level and rebuild in toto for a total re-pose.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Lt. Cmdr. Jim wrote:
    > healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    >> Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:

    > To give people something to do with that excess of flamers from the
    > Tactical squads taht they never used?

    Yup. I've also got all sorts of 40k3 to 40k4 stuff to sort out with my
    SM.

    My greatest annoyance is having to move the Lighting Claws on my
    (painted!) Jump Librarian to a regular Veteran Jump Sergeant, while
    coming up with new arms for the Librarian. Not to mention creating a
    suitable Force Weapon for him to wield.

    -sigh-

    I should probably ignore it and just focus on painting my SM Dreads,
    Land Raiders, and other stuff.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message

    > But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    > my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks); this leaves me
    > with just 4 small Bonejacks and a Slayer to tear down to the

    What 'caster are you using? I'm a Cryx guy too.
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    I feel you on the "no-GW" thing, and GW is the only game I play. I'm
    painting some MKR models (yes, really) to get my painting skills back
    up. I just picked up a Fir Bolg (undead) warband for Celtos, even
    though I don't even play. I plan to pick up two boxes of Starship
    Troopers to kick off the summer, and then like $200+ worth of
    Warmachine.

    I guess you could say I'm jumping ship.

    I can't be bothered painting up the two FW dreads I have,since they're
    require me to pick up more stuff to use them with, and I can't summon
    the enthusiasm to buy more GW anymore.

    Horror of horrors, I'm all fanboy-ed out... o_O

    --Chris
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Myrmidon wrote:
    > > So, what have the rest of you been up to?

    I'm starting on my 3rd box of Ogre Kingdom Bulls. Rebuilding an Empire
    Steam tank I got cheap on ebay. Waiting paiently for my Cygmar wargroup to
    arrive from thewarstore. Although thinking of going with a different paint
    scheme than the red and black pics on the box. Need to finish my Kislev
    gameboard and the terrain pieces that go with it. Thats all for now.
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on
    what.

    I'm *finally* getting around to painting the new 1000-pt chaos army
    I've had planned for... 6 months? Finished up the modeling, got them
    all primered, and hopefully I'll airbrush them all tonight with the
    base color (vallejo black red).

    I chose the army specifically to have a small number of models and only
    models I like, so that it would be easier/more enjoyable to paint. The
    models consist of:
    1 Daemon Prince (converted with raptor jet pack fused into his back)
    2 Chaos Dreadnoughts (converted from SM dreads -- pics of the first one
    are at
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgmw-genbus/lst?.dir=/Gausebeck)
    6 Chaos Terminators (GK termie bodies, Chaos termie heads and arms)
    12 Chaos Space Marines

    Hopefully this is small enough that I'll be able to get through all the
    painting without burning out again.

    Also, a little bit of my time is going to my 60 Paladin on Ner'zhul :)
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <RrAge.11601$hb1.2445@trnddc05>, John Hwang,
    JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > Myrmidon wrote:
    > > So, what have the rest of you been up to?
    >
    > Hmm... It seems we haven't done this since Jim's Mutha's Day challenge?
    >
    > Of which, I haven't done a darn thing. I just haven't been motivated to
    > work on GW stuff. The GW to-do list stands, but may not be acted upon
    > for a while. Partly, it's a lack of storage space -- practically all of
    > my storage boxes are full. OTOH, now that RTM & Q have reappeared,
    > perhaps that's the necessary motivation to do *something* GW 40k.

    Ha! Now you just need a bigger place to go with all your 'stuff'.

    > I'm mostly playing Pirates of the Spanish Main / Crimson Coast, which I
    > find to be a neat, quick tactical game.

    I've been tempted by that game too. It looks nice and I've heard
    nothing but good reviews.

    > But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    > my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks); this leaves
    > me with just 4 small Bonejacks and a Slayer to tear down to the
    > component level and rebuild in toto for a total re-pose.

    While I don't play Warmachine, I've drooled over the Cryx more
    than once. I've got 3 of them serving as close combat servitors with my
    Tech Marines, and I'm considering adding a few of their kick-ass
    warjacks to my collection for HTH Dreads for my Black Legion Army.

    I'm mainly gearing up with my terrain and Marines as I'm hoping my step
    son will be interested in doing a mini-campaign this summer, and a
    friend of mine has just started collecting Tau.

    Myrmidon

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    It was a cold day in September when Chris Valera entered the world pub known
    as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > Horror of horrors, I'm all fanboy-ed out... o_O

    I do believe that is one of the signs of the apocalypse...
    --
    Jim M

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
    Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Craig Little wrote:
    > "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote ...
    >>But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    >>my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks);

    > What 'caster are you using? I'm a Cryx guy too.

    I'm just using the girl that comes in the boxed set - Deneghra. Part of
    me is thinking the Iron Lich would be good to get, strictly for variety.
    The other Warcasters just don't interest me from a model standpoint.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Chris Valera wrote:
    > I feel you on the "no-GW" thing, and GW is the only game I play.

    It's my biggest game, but I've got lots of other stuff.

    > I'm painting some MKR models (yes, really) to get my painting
    > skills back up. I just picked up a Fir Bolg (undead) warband
    > for Celtos, even though I don't even play.

    Are you planning to?

    > I plan to pick up two boxes of Starship
    > Troopers to kick off the summer,

    OK, tho this isn't really my cup of tea.

    > and then like $200+ worth of Warmachine.

    That's an awful lot of Warmachine. What factions?

    > I guess you could say I'm jumping ship.

    Heh.

    > I can't be bothered painting up the two FW dreads
    > I have,since they're require me to pick up more stuff
    > to use them with,

    What stuff?

    > and I can't summon the enthusiasm to buy more GW
    > anymore.

    Same. Heck, I've even got a list of bitz all prepped, but I just feel
    they can just wait.

    > Horror of horrors, I'm all fanboy-ed out... o_O

    The first sign of the Apocalypse for GW!

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Myrmidon wrote:
    > John Hwang, JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com Varfed ...
    >>>So, what have the rest of you been up to?
    >>
    >>Hmm... It seems we haven't done this since Jim's Mutha's Day challenge?
    >>
    >>Of which, I haven't done a darn thing. I just haven't been motivated to
    >>work on GW stuff. The GW to-do list stands, but may not be acted upon
    >>for a while. Partly, it's a lack of storage space -- practically all of
    >>my storage boxes are full. OTOH, now that RTM & Q have reappeared,
    >>perhaps that's the necessary motivation to do *something* GW 40k.
    >
    > Ha! Now you just need a bigger place to go with all your 'stuff'.

    I *have* a bigger place. But now, I have to *share* it with my wife.
    And she seems to have taken the vast majority of it. So actually, I
    have *less* space, with more overall upkeep effort. :(

    To clarify, my main limitation is storage boxes for completed minis. I
    generally like to have all of my completed minis cased and organized for
    transport. What I want to do is to get a new modular storage system
    together. Anyhow, it's a chicken & egg thing.

    >>I'm mostly playing Pirates of the Spanish Main / Crimson Coast, which I
    >>find to be a neat, quick tactical game.
    >
    > I've been tempted by that game too. It looks nice and I've heard
    > nothing but good reviews.

    Pirates is a *great* little game. It is simple and fast, plays very
    cleanly. Split a box 2 or 3 ways, and you'll be all set. Very reasonable.

    >>But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    >>my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks); this leaves
    >>me with just 4 small Bonejacks and a Slayer to tear down to the
    >>component level and rebuild in toto for a total re-pose.
    >
    > While I don't play Warmachine, I've drooled over the Cryx more
    > than once. I've got 3 of them serving as close combat servitors
    > with my Tech Marines,

    I was thinking about Servitors, and agree that GW doesn't really make
    anything suitable. Bitz-wise, something should be built up from
    Arco-Flagellants, Zombies, and whatnots.

    > and I'm considering adding a few of their
    > kick-ass warjacks to my collection for HTH Dreads for my Black
    > Legion Army.

    One sec.

    -dig, dig-

    I've done this before but Cryx Slayer (Reaper / Seether) models are just
    too small to stand in as modern 40k Dreads. OTOH, if your Black Legion
    Dreads are RT-era, it's no problem.

    > I'm mainly gearing up with my terrain and Marines as I'm hoping my step
    > son will be interested in doing a mini-campaign this summer, and a
    > friend of mine has just started collecting Tau.

    Sounds like you've got a decent chance to get things moving nicely.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >> I'm *finally* getting around to painting the new 1000-pt chaos army
    >> I've had planned for... 6 months? Finished up the modeling, got
    them
    >> all primered, and hopefully I'll airbrush them all tonight with the
    >> base color (vallejo black red).
    >
    > Hey! Long time no see. Glad to see you're still around. Now if
    >only we could smack RTM and Maka around long enough to get a revision
    of
    >the 40K skirmish stuff out of them - life would be great. I know you
    >did provide some good feed back on their work.

    Yeah, that looked like it could be a fun system. If there's a new
    revision, I'll want to look into it again, but I'm not holding my
    breath :)

    >> Hopefully this is small enough that I'll be able to get through all
    the
    >> painting without burning out again.
    >
    > LOL - I do want to see pictures when you're done. Particularly of
    >your Dreads as I really like the pics on Genbus. I'm geared up to do
    >lot of painting and work - I just can't seem to convince my wife to
    let
    >me quit work and do nothing but that. Ah well. ;)

    Yup, I'll definitely put up pics as I get stuff painted. I'll probably
    paint a CSM grunt all the way through as a test model and put up pics
    of that. To share, and also to get suggestions on color schemes for
    the bases. I'm using epicast resin bases with generally lumpy/rocky
    terrain already modeled. Since the models will be red/black/gold, the
    options I'm considering are snowy/rocky, ash waste/lava, or
    desert/rocky. Leaning towards ash waste, since it would just involve
    painting, and I'm not so confident about how good added snow or sand
    would look.

    It may be a while till I have the dreads painted, but maybe I'll do one
    of those early. I'm eager to see what they'll look like painted, too.

    P.S. I really need to get access to a newsserver again. groups.google
    is starting to annoy me already.
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <1115939674.538444.120160@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    David Gausebeck, gausebeck@gmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo
    speak...
    > > Alright, since (yet again) Sam is slacking (stuck in the 'World of
    > > Warcrack' still no doubt), it falls to me to see who's working on
    > what.
    >
    > I'm *finally* getting around to painting the new 1000-pt chaos army
    > I've had planned for... 6 months? Finished up the modeling, got them
    > all primered, and hopefully I'll airbrush them all tonight with the
    > base color (vallejo black red).

    Hey! Long time no see. Glad to see you're still around. Now if
    only we could smack RTM and Maka around long enough to get a revision of
    the 40K skirmish stuff out of them - life would be great. I know you
    did provide some good feed back on their work.

    > I chose the army specifically to have a small number of models and only
    > models I like, so that it would be easier/more enjoyable to paint. The
    > models consist of:
    > 1 Daemon Prince (converted with raptor jet pack fused into his back)
    > 2 Chaos Dreadnoughts (converted from SM dreads -- pics of the first one
    > are at
    > http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgmw-genbus/lst?.dir=/Gausebeck)
    > 6 Chaos Terminators (GK termie bodies, Chaos termie heads and arms)
    > 12 Chaos Space Marines
    >
    > Hopefully this is small enough that I'll be able to get through all the
    > painting without burning out again.

    LOL - I do want to see pictures when you're done. Particularly of
    your Dreads as I really like the pics on Genbus. I'm geared up to do a
    lot of painting and work - I just can't seem to convince my wife to let
    me quit work and do nothing but that. Ah well. ;)

    > Also, a little bit of my time is going to my 60 Paladin on Ner'zhul :)

    Geee - another addict? Go figure. :)

    Myrmidon

    --
    "I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
    and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

    -- Moramarth

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Lt. Cmdr. Jim <ltcmdrjim@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:

    > > I've got a couple of complaints about the new Assault sprues. The first
    > > is why have *everything* you could possibly want, except the flamers.

    > To give people something to do with that excess of flamers from the
    > Tactical squads taht they never used?

    This of course assumes that people don't use Flamers with their Tactical
    Squads. I'm running a flamer heavy army list, as I've found them to be one
    of my most useful weapons with the people that I've been going up against.

    Zane
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Craig Little wrote:
    >> "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote ...
    >>>But it's not all cards -- actual modeling has been to clean and assemble
    >>>my Warmachine Cryx core (Warcaster & 2 Slayer Helljacks);
    >
    >> What 'caster are you using? I'm a Cryx guy too.
    >
    > I'm just using the girl that comes in the boxed set - Deneghra. Part of
    > me is thinking the Iron Lich would be good to get, strictly for variety.
    > The other Warcasters just don't interest me from a model standpoint.

    I like the Iron Lich, and the new Lich Lord concept art on the PP site is
    astounding.
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >John Hwang wrote:
    >> Chris Valera wrote:
    >> > I feel you on the "no-GW" thing, and GW is the only game I play.
    >
    >> It's my biggest game, but I've got lots of other stuff.
    >

    >It's our group's only game, aside from RPG's which I'm not too into.

    I'd be interested in picking up the new WFRP if the rules weren't so
    expensive (£25 plus £18 or more for the Old World Bestiary, plus
    Gamesmaster stuff and the character pack, plus...).

    > > I'm painting some MKR models (yes, really) to get my painting
    > > skills back up.

    Some what models?

    I just picked up a Fir Bolg (undead) warband
    > > for Celtos, even though I don't even play.

    Not sure what Celtos is - I may have to Google it when I have time.

    >I found out I can DL the rulebook online, so I'll take a look.

    I'll have to Google it then - rules I can look at before deciding to
    invest appeal to me, but with so few places stocking non-GW (I'm not
    even sure where the GW stockists are round here, let alone anyone else
    - and Australian prices don't tempt me to track down the GW ones) I've
    yet to find anything that appeals for which I can get a taster, or
    indeed a good look at the models.

    > > I plan to pick up two boxes of Starship
    > > Troopers to kick off the summer,
    >
    > OK, tho this isn't really my cup of tea.
    >

    >I'm buying for my friends, we'll just play with what comes in it, plus

    >maybe a tanker and a TAC fighter.

    I'm still waiting for the rules to come out separately - the background
    doesn't appeal, and to be honest nor do the models, but I've heard
    decent things about the ruleset. I doubt I'd pick it up in a major way,
    though, as I'm more into fantasy (and anyway, the last time I tried a
    ruleset based on recommendations alone I chose Warzone, and felt pretty
    let down...)

    > > and then like $200+ worth of Warmachine.
    >
    > That's an awful lot of Warmachine.

    It's a lot for anything. That's a full army's-worth for GW, and I don't
    spend that much on GW in most years (though I have overspent in the
    last couple).

    >Just one ^_^ Cryx.

    Urgh. From what I've heard of the ruleset I doubt I'd be drawn to
    Warmachine anyway, but from a ghastly model range with little or
    nothing to redeem it, Cryx is one of the worst parts if it's the one
    I'm thinking of (the one painted red on the Warmachine website?)

    Philip Bowles
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >pbow...@aol.com wrote:
    >
    >> Some what models?
    >

    >Mage Knight Rebellion is what I guessed.

    Don't Mage Knight models come pre-painted?

    >> I'm still waiting for the rules to come out separately - the
    background
    >> doesn't appeal, and to be honest nor do the models,
    >

    >If you're negative on 2/3, I recommend you not bother with the rules.

    Rules can be used with other game backgrounds/figure ranges. There are
    good substitutes for both Starship Troopers and bugs from GW, and the
    plastic IG Guardsmen at least are cheaper than the ST equivalents
    (albeit without the full suite of weapon options).

    >>>That's an awful lot of Warmachine.
    >

    >> It's a lot for anything. That's a full army's-worth for GW, and I
    don't
    >> spend that much on GW in most years (though I have overspent in the
    >> last couple).
    >

    >It is possible that my GW spending is below that level this year.

    *rough calculation* My GW spending this year has amounted to around
    £70/US$105 (around £50 of Lizards before I came out here, Lustria and
    the limited edition High Elf since, plus a couple of WDs), and I might
    not spend much more.

    >>>Just one ^_^ Cryx.
    >
    >> Urgh. From what I've heard of the ruleset I doubt I'd be drawn to
    >> Warmachine anyway,
    >

    >Because???

    Lack of detail for a skirmish ruleset, character-heavy emphasis and a
    general dislike of the Robot Wrestling Federation feel to the game - if
    I want to play robots bashing each other about and throwing one another
    around, what's wrong with Battletech?

    >> but from a ghastly model range with little or nothing
    >> to redeem it,
    >

    >Bah. It's somewhat more inventive that most of its competitors.

    Well, if you mean no one has yet tried to come up with a cross between
    a garbage can and a traction engine, I'd agree (except for the Epic
    Feral Ork Steam Gargant, which is markedly superior to any Warmachine
    output). It's a shame that despite their 'inventiveness' the models
    have so much in common with the contents of said can.

    >> Cryx is one of the worst parts if it's the one
    >> I'm thinking of
    >

    >Cryx is the black army of zombies and monsters.

    Oh, okay, those aren't too bad aside from the Warjacks themselves
    (which are abysmal across all the ranges).

    Philip Bowles
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Craig Little wrote:
    > "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote ...

    >>I'm just using the girl that comes in the boxed set - Deneghra. Part of
    >>me is thinking the Iron Lich would be good to get, strictly for variety.
    >>The other Warcasters just don't interest me from a model standpoint.
    >
    > I like the Iron Lich, and the new Lich Lord concept art on the PP site is
    > astounding.

    -click, click, click-

    Hmm... I can't find it. I do like the Harbinger, tho. Mike did a
    fantastic job painting it.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    >>John Hwang wrote:

    >>>I'm painting some MKR models (yes, really) to get my painting
    >>>skills back up.
    >
    > Some what models?

    Mage Knight Rebellion is what I guessed.

    >>>I plan to pick up two boxes of Starship
    >>>Troopers to kick off the summer,

    > I'm still waiting for the rules to come out separately - the background
    > doesn't appeal, and to be honest nor do the models,

    If you're negative on 2/3, I recommend you not bother with the rules.

    >>>and then like $200+ worth of Warmachine.
    >>
    >>That's an awful lot of Warmachine.
    >
    > It's a lot for anything. That's a full army's-worth for GW, and I don't
    > spend that much on GW in most years (though I have overspent in the
    > last couple).

    It is possible that my GW spending is below that level this year.

    >>Just one ^_^ Cryx.
    >
    > Urgh. From what I've heard of the ruleset I doubt I'd be drawn to
    > Warmachine anyway,

    Because???

    > but from a ghastly model range with little or nothing
    > to redeem it,

    Bah. It's somewhat more inventive that most of its competitors.

    > Cryx is one of the worst parts if it's the one
    > I'm thinking of

    Cryx is the black army of zombies and monsters. Cryx are the Eldar of
    WM: fast, skilled, but fragile.

    > (the one painted red on the Warmachine website?)

    The reds are the pseudo-Russian "Khador" types: slow, strong, but very
    hard to damage.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >pbow...@aol.com wrote:
    >>>pbow...@aol.com wrote:
    >>>Mage Knight Rebellion is what I guessed.
    >
    > Don't Mage Knight models come pre-painted?
    >

    >Yes, but they can be repainted.

    Presumably then they can be stripped, which is okay.

    > The salient point is that for $5 or so,
    >you get a trio of 30mm models that are sculpted with similar detail
    >evels to a GW model.

    Haven't seen them well enough to comment.

    >> There are good substitutes for both Starship Troopers and bugs
    >> from GW, and the plastic IG Guardsmen at least are cheaper
    >> than the ST equivalents (albeit without the full suite of
    >> weapon options).
    >

    >But if you're going to play IG models against 'nid models, why not
    then
    >just play 40k?

    The idea is to find a better game system - there's still a lot missing
    from 40k, and things like pinning, while welcome, are far less
    effective than one would expect or hope.

    >> I might not spend much more.
    >

    >Yup. If anything, I might start selling!

    I meant in the near future, rather than permanently. I need to
    update/expand my Epic Eldar, 40k Tau, WFB Wood Elves, WFB Lizardmen,
    WFB High Elves etc. quite apart from starting new armies - that will
    keep me occupied for a while at least...

    >>>Urgh. From what I've heard of the ruleset I doubt I'd be drawn to
    >>>Warmachine anyway,

    >>>Because???
    >

    >> Lack of detail for a skirmish ruleset,
    >

    >It is a fast skirmish.

    Which to me is as desirable and makes as much sense as a 'narrative
    wargame'. If I want to play a small-scale game I'll want detail - if I
    want a fast game I'll play something like 40k or WFB with small points
    values.

    >If you want a detailed skirmish, play DnD.

    Thanks for the recommendation - but isn't that a roleplaying game?

    >> character-heavy emphasis and a
    >

    >I recommend you take a deeper look at the game.

    I'm just going by what was said when Warmachine was last discussed in
    detail here.

    >> general dislike of the Robot Wrestling Federation feel to the game -
    if
    >> I want to play robots bashing each other about and throwing one
    another
    >> around, what's wrong with Battletech?
    >

    >It appears it's been a long time since you've looked at Warmachine.

    Yes, but my eyes have only just stopped aching...

    > WM
    >has, unfortuately, moved *away* from the (distinctive) robots, in
    favor
    >of massed infantry.

    Ah, so it's a massed infantry game with robots like, say, 40k? And
    judging by what Chris said about his purchases, at much the same price.

    >> Well, if you mean no one has yet tried to come up with a cross
    between
    >> a garbage can and a traction engine, I'd agree (except for the Epic
    >> Feral Ork Steam Gargant, which is markedly superior to any
    Warmachine
    >> output). It's a shame that despite their 'inventiveness' the models
    >> have so much in common with the contents of said can.
    >

    >I think your anti-robot blinders have gotten the better of you.

    I'm not 'anti-robot', I just don't go weak-kneed at the sight of any
    old clunky thing with legs and lots of guns to the point of being
    blinded to the faults with said models. I like quite a few robot models
    out of GW - the Epic Steam Gargant and Eldar Titans, the FW Revenant,
    the 40k Ork Dreadnought and Killa Kan - and I'll even concede that
    while I dislike the style the SM Dreadnought isn't a bad model. Show me
    a Warmachine model that even approaches being as good as any of them
    and I'd admit as much, but no such model exists. Even the best of their
    foot soldier models (the ones I'd describe as 'okay') is no more than
    passable - the manufacturors just don't make very good models, not just
    compared with GW but compared with most miniature ranges I've seen out
    there. Their stuff's pretty much on a par with VOID, it's that bad.

    Philip Bowles
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    >>pbow...@aol.com wrote:

    >>Mage Knight Rebellion is what I guessed.
    >
    > Don't Mage Knight models come pre-painted?

    Yes, but they can be repainted. The salient point is that for $5 or so,
    you get a trio of 30mm models that are sculpted with similar detail
    levels to a GW model.

    >>If you're negative on 2/3, I recommend you not bother with the rules.
    >
    > Rules can be used with other game backgrounds/figure ranges.

    Yes.

    > There are good substitutes for both Starship Troopers and bugs
    > from GW, and the plastic IG Guardsmen at least are cheaper
    > than the ST equivalents (albeit without the full suite of
    > weapon options).

    But if you're going to play IG models against 'nid models, why not then
    just play 40k?

    > I might not spend much more.

    Yup. If anything, I might start selling!

    >>>Urgh. From what I've heard of the ruleset I doubt I'd be drawn to
    >>>Warmachine anyway,
    >>
    >>Because???
    >
    > Lack of detail for a skirmish ruleset,

    It is a fast skirmish. If you want a detailed skirmish, play DnD.

    > character-heavy emphasis and a

    I recommend you take a deeper look at the game.

    > general dislike of the Robot Wrestling Federation feel to the game - if
    > I want to play robots bashing each other about and throwing one another
    > around, what's wrong with Battletech?

    It appears it's been a long time since you've looked at Warmachine. WM
    has, unfortuately, moved *away* from the (distinctive) robots, in favor
    of massed infantry.

    >>>but from a ghastly model range with little or nothing
    >>>to redeem it,
    >>
    >>Bah. It's somewhat more inventive that most of its competitors.
    >
    > Well, if you mean no one has yet tried to come up with a cross between
    > a garbage can and a traction engine, I'd agree (except for the Epic
    > Feral Ork Steam Gargant, which is markedly superior to any Warmachine
    > output). It's a shame that despite their 'inventiveness' the models
    > have so much in common with the contents of said can.

    I think your anti-robot blinders have gotten the better of you.

    >>Cryx is the black army of zombies and monsters.
    >
    > Oh, okay, those aren't too bad aside from the Warjacks themselves
    > (which are abysmal across all the ranges).

    As above.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbow...@aol.com wrote:
    >>pbow...@aol.com wrote:
    >>But if you're going to play IG models against 'nid models,
    >>why not then just play 40k?

    >> The idea is to find a better game system - there's still a
    >> lot missing from 40k, and things like pinning, while
    >> welcome, are far less effective than one would expect or hope.
    >

    >OK, tho I'm not sure that you'd find pinning structurally useful. To
    >me, pinning works if you can use it to negate a significant portion of

    >the enemy at comparatively lower cost of one's own forces.

    And you'd say that the current ruleset promotes this? At the moment
    units typically pay a premium for pinning, either in the cost of the
    weapons (vibro-cannon, Eldar missile launcher), low effectiveness of
    the pinning weapon (sniper rifles) or reduced range (pulse carbines),
    so you're investing significantly in the ability to pin before the
    battle even begins, which represents a significant cost when the rule
    itself is only rarely effective. Pinning should be linked to the
    firepower a unit is exposed to in general terms, not to special rules
    of particular weapons.

    In a battle structured around a smaller number of men vs a larger
    number
    >of bugs, pinning makes no sense. Nor does pinning make much sense in
    >mass battle game.

    Huh? Are you saying suppressive fire has no effect in large-scale
    engagements? In any case 40k is neither a small skirmish nor a massed
    battle game.

    >>>Lack of detail for a skirmish ruleset,
    >

    >>It is a fast skirmish.
    >

    >> Which to me is as desirable and makes as much sense as a
    >> 'narrative wargame'. If I want to play a small-scale game I'll
    >> want detail
    >

    >So minimum of 2 hours per game?

    Why would I sit down to set up and play a wargame if I wanted it to be
    over in five minutes? If I just want a quick diversion I could play
    Magic or whatever. Besides which, Mordheim games are detailed enough at
    their level and rarely take that long.

    >> Thanks for the recommendation - but isn't that a roleplaying game?
    >

    >It claims to be. However, when you peel back the flavoring, it is
    >really nothing more than a very high detail skirmish wargame.

    Surely that depends on how much fighting the GM involves in his
    campaign? Most RPG rulesets devote a good portion of themselves to
    combat because it's about the most involved situation characters can
    find themselves involved in, but that doesn't mean that they're
    combat-based.

    >> I'm just going by what was said when Warmachine was last discussed
    in
    >> detail here.
    >

    >Right, and WM has moved past a lot of that.

    I checked the sample rules on the website and they still seem to focus
    entirely on robots slamming into and whacking one another.

    >> I'm not 'anti-robot', I just don't go weak-kneed at the sight of any

    >> old clunky thing with legs and lots of guns to the point of being
    >> blinded to the faults with said models.
    >

    >You realize a lot of the models are Steampunk / Gothic-flavor, so the
    >models need to be a bit squatter than what you prefer.

    Steampunk, as far as I'm aware, is an invention of the Warmachine
    creators - they can make it look however they want it to. In any case
    squat per se isn't the problem - the proportions of the models relative
    to other parts of the model are. The trend towards top-heavy models
    with massively oversized weapons isn't a point of style (or if it is
    the style needs to be drastically revised), it's a basic flaw in the
    design.

    >> I like quite a few robot models
    >> out of GW - the Epic Steam Gargant and Eldar Titans, the FW
    Revenant,
    >> the 40k Ork Dreadnought and Killa Kan - and I'll even concede that
    >> while I dislike the style the SM Dreadnought isn't a bad model.
    >

    >What about the Revised Epic Titans? They're rather ugly.

    No, they're bland, which isn't the same thing. They don't have any
    character but they aren't bad models per se - at least the Warlord and
    FW Reaver/Warhound (and of course the 'GW official' Reaver is still the
    Adeptus Titanticus model). The new GW Warhound is so bad GW should
    disown it - it's far below even most poor GW output, and so isn't a
    fair point of comparison. There are probably VOID models which are
    better than the GW Warhound, but that certainly doesn't make them
    decent models.

    >> Show me a Warmachine model that even approaches being as good as
    >> any of them and I'd admit as much, but no such model exists.
    >

    >Bah. The Cryx Slayer is clearly better than a Killa Kan.

    The Slayer looks like it's trying to be a Chaos Terminator on
    artificial growth hormone and failing. Among the older Warjack models
    it's among the best despite abominable proportions, but it is not a
    good figure (or even an average one for GW like the Killa Kan).

    >> Even the best of their
    >> foot soldier models (the ones I'd describe as 'okay') is no more
    than
    >> passable - the manufacturors just don't make very good models, not
    just
    >> compared with GW but compared with most miniature ranges I've seen
    out
    >> there. Their stuff's pretty much on a par with VOID, it's that
    bad.

    >Phil, that's nonsense. WM is on par with GW's typical output, and
    >otherwise comparable to VOR. It is head and shoulders above VOID.

    Okay, I'll concede the latter at least having looked at their newer
    models. "On a par with GW's typical output" is to praise it to highly,
    however. The average WM model is pretty much on a par with GW's weaker
    output, though. It's a shame that, bar the Stalker, Leviathan and one
    or two of the mercenary warjacks, the warjacks all fall below the WM
    average.

    Philip Bowles

    Philip Bowles
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    >>pbow...@aol.com wrote:

    >>But if you're going to play IG models against 'nid models,
    >>why not then just play 40k?
    >
    > The idea is to find a better game system - there's still a
    > lot missing from 40k, and things like pinning, while
    > welcome, are far less effective than one would expect or hope.

    OK, tho I'm not sure that you'd find pinning structurally useful. To
    me, pinning works if you can use it to negate a significant portion of
    the enemy at comparatively lower cost of one's own forces.

    In a battle structured around a smaller number of men vs a larger number
    of bugs, pinning makes no sense. Nor does pinning make much sense in a
    mass battle game.

    In a high-detail skirmish game, pinning makes great sense.

    >>>I might not spend much more.
    >>
    >>Yup. If anything, I might start selling!
    >
    > I meant in the near future, rather than permanently.

    Oh. I'm thinking I'm basically done. GW will be lucky to get me to
    buying $100 annually on their product from here on out.

    > I need to update/expand my Epic Eldar, 40k Tau, WFB Wood
    > Elves, WFB Lizardmen, WFB High Elves etc. quite apart from
    > starting new armies - that will keep me occupied for a while at least...

    The new Wood Elves are quite good. But I've got far too much other
    stuff on my plate.

    >>>Lack of detail for a skirmish ruleset,
    >>
    >>It is a fast skirmish.
    >
    > Which to me is as desirable and makes as much sense as a
    > 'narrative wargame'. If I want to play a small-scale game I'll
    > want detail

    So minimum of 2 hours per game?

    > - if I want a fast game I'll play something like
    > 40k or WFB with small points values.

    I see. WM is not well suited for you, then.

    >>If you want a detailed skirmish, play DnD.
    >
    > Thanks for the recommendation - but isn't that a roleplaying game?

    It claims to be. However, when you peel back the flavoring, it is
    really nothing more than a very high detail skirmish wargame.

    >>>character-heavy emphasis and a
    >>
    >>I recommend you take a deeper look at the game.
    >
    > I'm just going by what was said when Warmachine was last discussed in
    > detail here.

    Right, and WM has moved past a lot of that.

    >>WM has, unfortuately, moved *away* from the (distinctive)
    >>robots, in favor of massed infantry.
    >
    > Ah, so it's a massed infantry game with robots like, say, 40k?

    At this point, more or less. :(

    If I wanted to play 40k, I'd play 40k, rather than "steampunk" 40k.

    > And judging by what Chris said about his purchases, at much
    > the same price.

    Chris buys more than most. I got what I needed for under $100: starter
    box for $40, 2 more heavy Jacks for $25, a blister of light Jacks for
    $8, and the rulebook for ~$15. Current WM Tournaments are 500 pts (1
    hr), so I've got plenty. If they bump to 750, I'd have to buy infantry,
    which I'm not excited over.

    >>I think your anti-robot blinders have gotten the better of you.
    >
    > I'm not 'anti-robot', I just don't go weak-kneed at the sight of any
    > old clunky thing with legs and lots of guns to the point of being
    > blinded to the faults with said models.

    You realize a lot of the models are Steampunk / Gothic-flavor, so the
    models need to be a bit squatter than what you prefer.

    > I like quite a few robot models
    > out of GW - the Epic Steam Gargant and Eldar Titans, the FW Revenant,
    > the 40k Ork Dreadnought and Killa Kan - and I'll even concede that
    > while I dislike the style the SM Dreadnought isn't a bad model.

    What about the Revised Epic Titans? They're rather ugly.

    > Show me a Warmachine model that even approaches being as good as
    > any of them and I'd admit as much, but no such model exists.

    Bah. The Cryx Slayer is clearly better than a Killa Kan.

    > Even the best of their
    > foot soldier models (the ones I'd describe as 'okay') is no more than
    > passable - the manufacturors just don't make very good models, not just
    > compared with GW but compared with most miniature ranges I've seen out
    > there. Their stuff's pretty much on a par with VOID, it's that bad.

    Phil, that's nonsense. WM is on par with GW's typical output, and
    otherwise comparable to VOR. It is head and shoulders above VOID.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:
    > pbowles@aol.com wrote:
    > > Okay, here are my thoughts on the Warmachine range:
    >
    > [SNIP]
    >
    > Phil, you have a *lot* of time on your hands.

    Almost none, actually, I just ran out of other things to do that would
    postpone my essay-writing even further...

    Philip Bowles
  48. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >>> Phil, you have a *lot* of time on your hands.
    >

    >> Almost none, actually, I just ran out of other things to do that
    would
    >> postpone my essay-writing even further...
    >

    >*cough* Tale of RGMW Gamers Month 6 *cough*

    Good point, except that as I remember I only got a couple of month 5
    updates anyway... Still, my most up-to-date list is on the uni
    computers, so I'll have to do it later in the week.

    Philip Bowles
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    pbowles@aol.com wrote:

    >>>The idea is to find a better game system - there's still a
    >>>lot missing from 40k, and things like pinning, while
    >>>welcome, are far less effective than one would expect or hope.
    >>
    >>OK, tho I'm not sure that you'd find pinning structurally
    >>useful. To me, pinning works if you can use it to negate
    >>a significant portion of the enemy at comparatively lower
    >>cost of one's own forces.
    >
    > And you'd say that the current ruleset promotes this?

    I'd say that Pinning isn't relevant or appropriate for 40k game scale.

    > At the moment units typically pay a premium for pinning, either
    > in the cost of the weapons (vibro-cannon, Eldar missile launcher),
    > low effectiveness of the pinning weapon (sniper rifles) or
    > reduced range (pulse carbines), so you're investing significantly
    > in the ability to pin before the battle even begins, which
    > represents a significant cost when the rule itself is only rarely
    > effective. Pinning should be linked to the firepower a unit is
    > exposed to in general terms, not to special rules of particular
    > weapons.

    If that's the case, we'd play Epic.

    >> In a battle structured around a smaller number of men vs a larger
    >> number of bugs, pinning makes no sense. Nor does pinning make
    >> much sense in a mass battle game.
    >
    > Huh? Are you saying suppressive fire has no effect in large-scale
    > engagements? In any case 40k is neither a small skirmish nor a massed
    > battle game.

    I'm saying that for 40k, supression fire shouldn't factor much. Most
    forces are fanatical, so psychology is tactical rather than survival.

    >>>It is a fast skirmish.
    >>
    >>>Which to me is as desirable and makes as much sense as a
    >>>'narrative wargame'. If I want to play a small-scale game I'll
    >>>want detail
    >>
    >>So minimum of 2 hours per game?
    >
    > Why would I sit down to set up and play a wargame if I wanted
    > it to be over in five minutes?

    A typical 500-pt game of WM will take about an hour.

    > If I just want a quick diversion I could play Magic or whatever.

    A control-oriented game of Magic takes 30-45 minutes.

    > Besides which, Mordheim games are detailed enough at
    > their level and rarely take that long.

    Then WM should be fine.

    >>>Thanks for the recommendation - but isn't that a roleplaying game?
    >>
    >>It claims to be. However, when you peel back the flavoring, it is
    >>really nothing more than a very high detail skirmish wargame.
    >
    > Surely that depends on how much fighting the GM involves in his
    > campaign?

    Yes. However, DnD without fighting wouldn't make sense, would it?

    > Most RPG rulesets devote a good portion of themselves to combat
    > because it's about the most involved situation characters can
    > find themselves involved in, but that doesn't mean that they're
    > combat-based.

    I suggest you look at the DnD 3.5 ruleset. AFAIC, it's a combat engine.
    Even moreso when you look at the "balancing" change going from 3E to
    3.5 -- mostly combat-related.

    >>>I'm just going by what was said when Warmachine was last discussed
    >>>in detail here.
    >>
    >>Right, and WM has moved past a lot of that.
    >
    > I checked the sample rules on the website and they still seem to focus
    > entirely on robots slamming into and whacking one another.

    .... because it's about the most involved. ;)

    >>>I'm not 'anti-robot', I just don't go weak-kneed at the sight of any
    >>>old clunky thing with legs and lots of guns to the point of being
    >>>blinded to the faults with said models.
    >>
    >>You realize a lot of the models are Steampunk / Gothic-flavor, so the
    >>models need to be a bit squatter than what you prefer.
    >
    > Steampunk, as far as I'm aware, is an invention of the Warmachine
    > creators - they can make it look however they want it to. In any case
    > squat per se isn't the problem - the proportions of the models relative
    > to other parts of the model are. The trend towards top-heavy models
    > with massively oversized weapons isn't a point of style (or if it is
    > the style needs to be drastically revised), it's a basic flaw in the
    > design.

    That is a stylistic issue. There's nothing wrong with such
    proportioning from a plausibility standpoint.

    >>What about the Revised Epic Titans? They're rather ugly.
    >
    > No, they're bland, which isn't the same thing.

    Given that we're talking opinions, it's hard to argue.

    > They don't have any
    > character but they aren't bad models per se - at least the Warlord and
    > FW Reaver/Warhound (and of course the 'GW official' Reaver is still the
    > Adeptus Titanticus model). The new GW Warhound is so bad GW should
    > disown it - it's far below even most poor GW output, and so isn't a
    > fair point of comparison. There are probably VOID models which are
    > better than the GW Warhound, but that certainly doesn't make them
    > decent models.

    And yet, the new GW Warhound is very highly detailed, which means that
    you should like it.

    >>>Show me a Warmachine model that even approaches being as good as
    >>>any of them and I'd admit as much, but no such model exists.
    >>
    >>Bah. The Cryx Slayer is clearly better than a Killa Kan.
    >
    > The Slayer looks like it's trying to be a Chaos Terminator on
    > artificial growth hormone and failing. Among the older
    > Warjack models it's among the best despite abominable
    > proportions, but it is not a good figure (or
    > even an average one for GW like the Killa Kan).

    Bah. I disagree.

    >>>Their stuff's pretty much on a par with VOID, it's that bad.
    >>
    >>Phil, that's nonsense. WM is on par with GW's typical output, and
    >>otherwise comparable to VOR. It is head and shoulders above VOID.
    >
    > Okay, I'll concede the latter at least having looked at their newer
    > models. "On a par with GW's typical output" is to praise it to highly,
    > however. The average WM model is pretty much on a par with GW's weaker
    > output, though.

    Really??? If you want to argue that recent GW relases have been spotty,
    and they are weaker than average, that's fine with me. Of the recent
    WFB armies released in the last couple of years, only the Wood Elves
    have drawn my attention.

    The new Lizardmen, Skaven, Tomb Kings, High Elves, and Brettonnians
    haven't impressed me greatly; less than 1/3 of each range is what I'd
    consider "good". The recent "special" ranges for Storm of Chaos are
    kind of laugable (Axe thrower, in particular). And then there's Ogre
    Kingdoms. But considering the sheer number of "weaker" armies, you've
    got a strange argument to make. I will be greatly amused to see you
    defend your statement above.

    > It's a shame that, bar the Stalker, Leviathan and one
    > or two of the mercenary warjacks, the warjacks all fall below the WM
    > average.

    I dunno Phil. Sometimes, I just don't get you.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

Video Games