killian2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Just a little post that will hopefully save you a lot of time and headaches.

I first ordered from this company about a year ago. It was an ECS K7S5A mobo and it turned out to be defective. I filled out their RMA form and never received a RMA #. So I disputed the charges on my credit card. Once they realized they weren't getting any money they jumped all over the situation and took care of it. I ended up switching to a Shuttle mobo that did work.

Then they had the ECS K7AMA mobos advertised for $53 so I ordered 2. They were both defective. They would not run at a 133 FSB only 100FSB. So I returned both of them less a 15% restocking fee. I'm sure these mobos were probably sent out to some other poor souls who then had to go through the same crap. I should have learned my lesson at this point but I didn't.

On 9/2/02 they had an Athlon XP 2000+ advertised on pricewatch for $58.00 which was about $30 less than anywhere else. I ordered 1. They then E-mailed me and said the price offered was a typo but they would honor it. I thought ok maybe this company does have some integrity. But then I get an E-mail stating they can't verify my ship to and bill to address with my credit card company. I order PC parts at least twice a week and I never have a problem with other companies verifying my ship to and bill to address. But I call the credit card company anyway just to double check. The address they have on file is correct. So I E-mail Bzboyz back and tell them the address is correct and they should be able to verify it no problem. 3 days go by with no response. I E-mail them a number of times and finally get a response that my order has been cancelled.

Here is the E-mail:"You are repeat customer and the problem was last time you issued CC too
I am sorry about the mess . we are sorry this order has not gone smoothly and had to be cancelled and is not up to your satisfaction. Do understand, it was not intentional. To make it up, allow us to offer next order at cost. On your next order, please mention this order number and code"This order at cost as per Sam" , and we will readjust the prices and ship you the order at cost. Again, your satisfaction is important to us , and we invite you to remain our satisfied customer - Thanks Sam"

The first line doesn't make a lot of sense. I was never contacted or notified and I would have not known it had been cancelled if I had not taken the initiative.

I think they are just trying to get out of selling the processor for such a low price and have done the same thing to other people they E-mailed saying they would honor the price. Others on ResellerRatings.com have confirmed this.

Bottom line is they have poor quality control on their products, poor customer service, poor communication, and overall seem to be a shady company.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by killian2 on 09/22/02 03:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Thanks for the info, but it might be a good idea to report them to the <A HREF="http://www.bbb.org/bbblookup/" target="_new">BBB</A>, then at least they will be on file.

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>