Windows Media Center

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderelite/specs.html" target="_new"> ATI TV Wonder Elite </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
WTF are you talking about dimwit, you asked for a suggestion, I linked what I thought was the best price/performance product you were looking for. Are you densse!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Bruxbox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
You're right. Some TV cards only work in WMCE. For example, all the Hauppauge tuners with the "MCE" in its name only work in WMCE.
Let me back up a bit. These "MCE" cards are designed for WMCE, in that these cards use the WMCE software and apps to do the TV tuning, channel guides, and such.
If you bought a non-WMCE tuner, you'd get the Hauppauge software and other apps that make the card go.
I do not know anything about the tuner you've referrenced. It should work in a plain Windows XP box. I doubt that it will work in WMCE.
Moverover, I wasn't able to determine whether this Sabrent does hardware MPEG encoding, which is important. Put another way, the encoding may be done in software, i e., the processor does the work.

6vx

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2005
You didn't even re read my question before you responded with some snotty remark?

It doesn't ask for a suggestion at all.
Pretty sure I was clear. But all alone, my question was
"Can I use any TV Tuner with MCE, or do I need a certain kind?"

BruxBox:
Thanks. Kind of a downer, but maybe I'll get lucky and it'll work with MCE. I ordered it a few days ago. Wish you'd come along sooner. But still, thankyou.
I'll try to remember to post whatever I find out. :D