Toolbars

I have both google and Adobe PDF toolbars installed. I decided I didn't want
the Adobe toolbar to be shown so unticked in customise.....I lost google but
not Adobe.

Did same for google.......lost adobe not google.

Some how the check marks (ticks) have been assigned to wrong toolbar. How
do I correct.
7 answers Last reply
More about toolbars

    Resetting the toolbar layout settings should fix the problem. See

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_toolbarfix.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "barrowhill" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have both google and Adobe PDF toolbars installed. I decided I didn't
    >want
    > the Adobe toolbar to be shown so unticked in customise.....I lost google
    > but
    > not Adobe.
    >
    > Did same for google.......lost adobe not google.
    >
    > Some how the check marks (ticks) have been assigned to wrong toolbar. How
    > do I correct.

    Remesh,

    Many thanks. Downloaded and ran toobar repair program. Everything now
    working correctly.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Resetting the toolbar layout settings should fix the problem. See
    >
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_toolbarfix.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "barrowhill" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have both google and Adobe PDF toolbars installed. I decided I didn't
    > >want
    > > the Adobe toolbar to be shown so unticked in customise.....I lost google
    > > but
    > > not Adobe.
    > >
    > > Did same for google.......lost adobe not google.
    > >
    > > Some how the check marks (ticks) have been assigned to wrong toolbar. How
    > > do I correct.

    You're welcome!

    --

    > Remesh,
    >
    > Many thanks. Downloaded and ran toobar repair program. Everything now
    > working correctly.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Resetting the toolbar layout settings should fix the problem. See
    >>
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_toolbarfix.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Remesh,

    Handy little program, now in my software toolbox........there's not one for
    Outlook Express is there ????

    I've Panda IS 2004 installed and on OE toolbar there are 3 "boxes" showing
    with rest of items.

    The first is black, second is grey and third is black box. Passing mouse
    over each in turn show icon and name. No mouse, no icon or name. These are;
    'This is Spam', This is not Spam' and 'Configure Anti Spam'.

    If "no text labels" selected, boxes just shown. if "selective text on
    right" selected , all other icons have text shown but these boxes have none.
    If "show text labels" selected, all text lables appear under each icon,
    including the "boxes". Still no icons.

    Customising toolbar doesn't show these boxes as an option to hide or remove.

    Any ideas or should I post as seperate issue ????

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > You're welcome!
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "barrowhill" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Remesh,
    > >
    > > Many thanks. Downloaded and ran toobar repair program. Everything now
    > > working correctly.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Resetting the toolbar layout settings should fix the problem. See
    > >>
    > >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_toolbarfix.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    The easiest way is to check or uncheck the opposite.
    It is not an uncommon problem.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:15:01 -0700, "barrowhill"
    <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have both google and Adobe PDF toolbars installed. I decided I didn't want
    >the Adobe toolbar to be shown so unticked in customise.....I lost google but
    >not Adobe.
    >
    >Did same for google.......lost adobe not google.
    >
    >Some how the check marks (ticks) have been assigned to wrong toolbar. How
    >do I correct.

    Alan,

    Yes. it's easiset but not correct. Remesh provided mechanism to correct
    properly. Handy little program which I'll move to my software toolbox.

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > The easiest way is to check or uncheck the opposite.
    > It is not an uncommon problem.
    >
    > ....Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:15:01 -0700, "barrowhill"
    > <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have both google and Adobe PDF toolbars installed. I decided I didn't want
    > >the Adobe toolbar to be shown so unticked in customise.....I lost google but
    > >not Adobe.
    > >
    > >Did same for google.......lost adobe not google.
    > >
    > >Some how the check marks (ticks) have been assigned to wrong toolbar. How
    > >do I correct.

    Hi Barrowhill,

    You may try this question in the OE6 groups for better help in this regard.
    Subscribe to "microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress" and
    post there.

    --

    > Remesh,
    >
    > Handy little program, now in my software toolbox........there's not one
    > for
    > Outlook Express is there ????
    >
    > I've Panda IS 2004 installed and on OE toolbar there are 3 "boxes"
    > showing
    > with rest of items.
    >
    > The first is black, second is grey and third is black box. Passing mouse
    > over each in turn show icon and name. No mouse, no icon or name. These
    > are;
    > 'This is Spam', This is not Spam' and 'Configure Anti Spam'.
    >
    > If "no text labels" selected, boxes just shown. if "selective text on
    > right" selected , all other icons have text shown but these boxes have
    > none.
    > If "show text labels" selected, all text lables appear under each icon,
    > including the "boxes". Still no icons.
    >
    > Customising toolbar doesn't show these boxes as an option to hide or
    > remove.
    >
    > Any ideas or should I post as seperate issue ????

Google Adobe Microsoft Windows XP