[40K] Space Marines Termie list

Well inspired by the teminator armies in the last WD I cranked up AB and
this is what I came up with:

CHAPTER TRAITS: Heed the wisdome of the ancients, We stand alone)

HQ:
Reclusiarch (Terminator Armor,Storm Bolter 120
Teleport Homer)
Codicer (Terminator armor, Storm Bolter) 300
Terminator Command Squad x4
(sgt,Hvy Flamer)
Troops:

Scout squad x6 111
(vet sgt, sniper x2, hvy Bltr,
Teleport homer)
Scout Squad x6 122
(vet sgt,accute senes, Pls pstl, T. Homer)

Elites:

Terminator Squad x6 290
(Cyclone x2)
Terminator Squad x6 280
(AssCan x2)
Terminator Assult Squad x6 258
(Thammer x3, LC x3, furious charge)

Fast Attack:
N/A

Hvy Support:

Predator Destructor 138
(Sponson LasCan, Ex Armor, Smoke)
Drednought 123
(AssCan, Hvy Flamer, X-Armor, Smoke)
Drednought 113
(AssCan, X-Armor, Smoke)

Total: 1850
Models in army 39

I chose these options becuse I wanted to make an army that I didn't have
to buy anything for (well I have to convert some Lightnin Claws) 10 are
the old palstics (purchased with space hulk 2nd ed) the rest are metal.

Scouts and the heavys deploy. In theroy I will have 1 termie squad in
reserve for the Reclusiarch to call down. or would I be better off with
a command squad and 1 less termie squad? Is furious charge of any use?

I find it funny that in 3rd edition theay would call this a cheese army
but here in 4th there is a multi-page article on it. seems like a fun
list to me. Lacking some armor punch I know, but Oh well.

Let's hear what you the viewer have to say on this fine day in May.

-Joe

Desert Lurker wrote:

> I find it funny that in 3rd edition theay would call this a cheese army
> but here in 4th there is a multi-page article on it. seems like a fun
> list to me. Lacking some armor punch I know, but Oh well.

Lacking armor punch? You have over 20 power fists, two lascannons, 2
cyclones and 4 assault cannons. Assault cannons are one of the most
effective all around vehicle killers. What you lack is long range armor
penetration. I still think you would do ok against a heavy tank army.

Master Ravenclaw

In article <b8Dge.11852$ya2.3742@tornado.socal.rr.com>, Langley,
knaus@yahoo.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> Desert Lurker wrote:
>
> > I find it funny that in 3rd edition theay would call this a cheese army
> > but here in 4th there is a multi-page article on it. seems like a fun
> > list to me. Lacking some armor punch I know, but Oh well.
>
> Lacking armor punch? You have over 20 power fists, two lascannons, 2
> cyclones and 4 assault cannons. Assault cannons are one of the most
> effective all around vehicle killers. What you lack is long range armor
> penetration. I still think you would do ok against a heavy tank army.

Yah! Particularly if he dropped on top of or right behind the
enemy line. It'd be a serious pain to try and drop that many termies
plus the dreads and pred in a hurry with the termies likely showing up
right on top of their foes.

Myrmidon

--
Mint condition Rogue Trader book? I don't believe such a thing exists.
They came pre-fallen apart from the printers.

- Brion K. Lienhart

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <b8Dge.11852$ya2.3742@tornado.socal.rr.com>, Langley,
> knaus@yahoo.com Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>

>>Desert Lurker wrote:
>>

>>>I find it funny that in 3rd edition theay would call this a cheese army
>>>but here in 4th there is a multi-page article on it. seems like a fun
>>>list to me. Lacking some armor punch I know, but Oh well.
>>
>>Lacking armor punch? You have over 20 power fists, two lascannons, 2
>>cyclones and 4 assault cannons. Assault cannons are one of the most
>>effective all around vehicle killers. What you lack is long range armor
>>penetration. I still think you would do ok against a heavy tank army.
>

> Yah! Particularly if he dropped on top of or right behind the
> enemy line. It'd be a serious pain to try and drop that many termies
> plus the dreads and pred in a hurry with the termies likely showing up
> right on top of their foes.
>
> Myrmidon

Hmm. well I hadn't really thought of the power fist as armor punch. It
seems that If I can keep my scout sgts alive then I can be real close
when the termies deep strike. So the scouts and armor start on board and
everything else deep strikes. Seems like a good army to go second with.
(they advance, you advance, they advance, you deep strike).

Would the dreads be better off in drop pods if I can find the points?
How would this stack up against nids? (i.e. I paint this up and finsh my
nids I can maybe get someone to play in the misbegotten town)

Desert Lurker wrote:

> Would the dreads be better off in drop pods if I can find the points?
> How would this stack up against nids? (i.e. I paint this up and finsh my
> nids I can maybe get someone to play in the misbegotten town)

Dreads dropping...Hmmm...? It kinda depends if you are playing an army
with lots of anti armor and you want to get in assualt with them (IG or
Tau come to mind) then dropping is good to prevent the dread from
getting shot up as he closes range. The disadvantage being that if you
go second you are losing at least a turn of shooting and 2 turns of
assualting while you are waiting for the pod.
Against most armies I think you want the dread closing range and
shooting from the get go. He is going to draw alot of fire, which is
good for other troops in your army. They are pretty survivable so long
as you make some effort to keep most of the big guns off them. As long
as they are mobile not many troops are likely to go after it in assault
so he can hold an area pretty well.

Tyranids...? Probably not the most effective army. The 2+ save isn't a
big bonus because the tyranids so far as I know don't sport a whole
lotta AP3 weapons so power armor is just as good. Assaulting Tyranids is
not a great idea your save suddenly can go from 2+ to 5+ and they will
likely cut you down before you can strike back. On the upside storm
bolters will allow you to lay down alot of medium range fire and keep
moving (preferably away from the big nasty creatures). Deep strike and
infiltration will be hard to use without having tyranids in your face as
soon as you start. Overall I would think you would be at a disadvantage
with this army unless your opponent left his hive creatures rear
unprotected and you were able to deep strike behind and knock them out
early on. It would work once or twice but most players would catch on
pretty quick if they even left that open.

Master Ravenclaw

"Langley" <knaus@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Desert Lurker wrote:
>
> > Would the dreads be better off in drop pods if I can find the points?
> > How would this stack up against nids? (i.e. I paint this up and finsh my
> > nids I can maybe get someone to play in the misbegotten town)
>
> Dreads dropping...Hmmm...? It kinda depends if you are playing an army
> with lots of anti armor and you want to get in assualt with them (IG or
> Tau come to mind) then dropping is good to prevent the dread from
> getting shot up as he closes range. The disadvantage being that if you
> go second you are losing at least a turn of shooting and 2 turns of
> assualting while you are waiting for the pod.
> Against most armies I think you want the dread closing range and
> shooting from the get go. He is going to draw alot of fire, which is
> good for other troops in your army. They are pretty survivable so long
> as you make some effort to keep most of the big guns off them. As long
> as they are mobile not many troops are likely to go after it in assault
> so he can hold an area pretty well.
>
> Tyranids...? Probably not the most effective army. The 2+ save isn't a
> big bonus because the tyranids so far as I know don't sport a whole
> lotta AP3 weapons so power armor is just as good. Assaulting Tyranids is
> not a great idea your save suddenly can go from 2+ to 5+ and they will
> likely cut you down before you can strike back. On the upside storm
> bolters will allow you to lay down alot of medium range fire and keep
> moving (preferably away from the big nasty creatures). Deep strike and
> infiltration will be hard to use without having tyranids in your face as
> soon as you start. Overall I would think you would be at a disadvantage
> with this army unless your opponent left his hive creatures rear
> unprotected and you were able to deep strike behind and knock them out
> early on. It would work once or twice but most players would catch on
> pretty quick if they even left that open.
>
> Master Ravenclaw

hmm.. well OK. Against bugs I can opt to deploy some squads, maybe both HQs,
on the ground and deep strike the rest? If I can have my scouts in good
positions then I can deep strike the termie squads to either flank of the
bugs and retreat (as storm bolters are assault weapons) back to my firebase
of dreds and the predator. Maybe I should swap out the Term assault squad
for More assault cannons if I get the new plastics one day. I think it is
time to Assemble the Terminators out of the mire that has been their post
castrol superclean existence.
Joe "For the Emperor!" Boster

Desert Lurker wrote:

> hmm.. well OK. Against bugs I can opt to deploy some squads, maybe both HQs,
> on the ground and deep strike the rest? If I can have my scouts in good
> positions then I can deep strike the termie squads to either flank of the
> bugs and retreat (as storm bolters are assault weapons) back to my firebase
> of dreds and the predator. Maybe I should swap out the Term assault squad
> for More assault cannons if I get the new plastics one day. I think it is
> time to Assemble the Terminators out of the mire that has been their post
> castrol superclean existence.
> Joe "For the Emperor!" Boster

Out flanking is a good thing but it is going to be hard unless you can
trick your opponent into keeping his bugs in one small location.
Otherwise all he really has to do is get any troops into assualt so you
can't run away until the big bad troops can get to the termis(Tyrants or
genestealers). While the assault waepons will allow tyou to fire and
move you aren't going to get a lot of turns of that since alot of
tyranid stuff can fleet of foot, 1 maybe 2 turns. The termi assault
squad is good for taking out expensive heavily armored troops (which
tyranids dont have) so I would definitely go for more stormbolters and
assault cannons. I think your best bet is to deep strike behind the main
formations, take out any biovores or other unprotected support and then
set up a cross fire to force the tyranids to split up their forces (some
moving toward the main firebase and some moving back toward their
deployment zone). Tyranids will have a lot of trouble survivng the trip
across no man's land to take you down if they dont concentrate their charge.
How did that castrol superclean work? I have a bunch of Deamonhunters
and ig metal that I need to strip down.

Master Ravenclaw

Langley wrote:

> Desert Lurker wrote:
>

>> hmm.. well OK. Against bugs I can opt to deploy some squads, maybe
>> both HQs,
>> on the ground and deep strike the rest? If I can have my scouts in good
>> positions then I can deep strike the termie squads to either flank of the
>> bugs and retreat (as storm bolters are assault weapons) back to my
>> firebase
>> of dreds and the predator. Maybe I should swap out the Term assault squad
>> for More assault cannons if I get the new plastics one day. I think it is
>> time to Assemble the Terminators out of the mire that has been their post
>> castrol superclean existence.
>> Joe "For the Emperor!" Boster
>>

> Out flanking is a good thing but it is going to be hard unless you can
> trick your opponent into keeping his bugs in one small location.
> Otherwise all he really has to do is get any troops into assualt so you
> can't run away until the big bad troops can get to the termis(Tyrants or
> genestealers). While the assault waepons will allow tyou to fire and
> move you aren't going to get a lot of turns of that since alot of
> tyranid stuff can fleet of foot, 1 maybe 2 turns. The termi assault
> squad is good for taking out expensive heavily armored troops (which
> tyranids dont have) so I would definitely go for more stormbolters and
> assault cannons. I think your best bet is to deep strike behind the main
> formations, take out any biovores or other unprotected support and then
> set up a cross fire to force the tyranids to split up their forces (some
> moving toward the main firebase and some moving back toward their
> deployment zone). Tyranids will have a lot of trouble survivng the trip
> across no man's land to take you down if they dont concentrate their
> charge.
> How did that castrol superclean work? I have a bunch of Deamonhunters
> and ig metal that I need to strip down.
>
> Master Ravenclaw
Most people here swear by it. It has been the best thing I have found
works great on plastics and metals. I can't always get all the paint out
from between tiny things like neck crevaces. But there is likely
something in my technique that is off. Still, I have "saved" a lot of
models that would otherwise go in a junk drawer or the ones I rescued
out of a dumpster (5 metal termies + other stuff). It was a big help
goin from Ultramarines to my own Iron Avengers.