HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N Need drivers

Can anyone help me to find the latest drivers for this cd/rw drive as
it just packed up on, cheers
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N
its an Acer Laptop travlemate 2350
windows xp
the manufactures requiresme to reboot the pc, but cannot afford to lose
all my data and have no other means to back it up as the cd drive isnt
working
so please help
Saj
3 answers Last reply
More about 4243n drivers

    Saajan

    Network it to another computer and save you data in that way..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Saajan" <mohsin.malique@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me to find the latest drivers for this cd/rw drive as
    > it just packed up on, cheers
    > HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N
    > its an Acer Laptop travlemate 2350
    > windows xp
    > the manufactures requiresme to reboot the pc, but cannot afford to lose
    > all my data and have no other means to back it up as the cd drive isnt
    > working
    > so please help
    > Saj

    And to add to Mr Hall's expert advice, here is a good guide to home networking :o) :

    Home and Small Office Networking with Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/default.mspx

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    > Saajan
    >
    > Network it to another computer and save you data in that way..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Saajan" <mohsin.malique@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone help me to find the latest drivers for this cd/rw drive as
    >> it just packed up on, cheers
    >> HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N
    >> its an Acer Laptop travlemate 2350
    >> windows xp
    >> the manufactures requiresme to reboot the pc, but cannot afford to lose
    >> all my data and have no other means to back it up as the cd drive isnt
    >> working
    >> so please help
    >> Saj

    ... for sure a link would have been useful.. :-)

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > And to add to Mr Hall's expert advice, here is a good guide to home
    > networking :o) :
    >
    > Home and Small Office Networking with Windows XP
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/default.mspx
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Saajan
    >>
    >> Network it to another computer and save you data in that way..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Saajan" <mohsin.malique@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone help me to find the latest drivers for this cd/rw drive as
    >>> it just packed up on, cheers
    >>> HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N
    >>> its an Acer Laptop travlemate 2350
    >>> windows xp
    >>> the manufactures requiresme to reboot the pc, but cannot afford to lose
    >>> all my data and have no other means to back it up as the cd drive isnt
    >>> working
    >>> so please help
    >>> Saj

DVD Drivers Windows XP