What are the most common causes for web sites to NOT remember me
(name/password) when told to do so by checking their web form?

In IE, I've got "Privacy" set to medium and "Override automatic cookie
handling" unchecked.

It's a bummer to re-enter that stuff each time.

Thanks.

how about clicking 'remember me' or enabling auto compete, and check to see
if you have IE set to clear cookies upon closing your browser?

From: "HeyBub" <heybub@gmail.com>

| What are the most common causes for web sites to NOT remember me
| (name/password) when told to do so by checking their web form?
|
| In IE, I've got "Privacy" set to medium and "Override automatic cookie
| handling" unchecked.
|
| It's a bummer to re-enter that stuff each time.
|
| Thanks.

For security reasons, a "bummer" is better. Otherwise anyone who has physical access to
your PC can access your online accounts. Is that what you want ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Bobby

Very true. They can hit the drop down arrow into a box where you've saved
this info and theres your id & password.

> From: "HeyBub" <heybub@gmail.com>
>
> | What are the most common causes for web sites to NOT remember me
> | (name/password) when told to do so by checking their web form?
> |
> | In IE, I've got "Privacy" set to medium and "Override automatic cookie
> | handling" unchecked.
> |
> | It's a bummer to re-enter that stuff each time.
> |
> | Thanks.
> |

> For security reasons, a "bummer" is better. Otherwise anyone who has
> physical access to
> your PC can access your online accounts. Is that what you want ?
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

> From: "HeyBub" <heybub@gmail.com>
>
> | What are the most common causes for web sites to NOT remember me
> | (name/password) when told to do so by checking their web form?
> |
> | In IE, I've got "Privacy" set to medium and "Override automatic cookie
> | handling" unchecked.
> |
> | It's a bummer to re-enter that stuff each time.
> |
> | Thanks.
> |

> For security reasons, a "bummer" is better. Otherwise anyone who has
> physical access to
> your PC can access your online accounts. Is that what you want ?

Also, cookies are used to track web activity. A cookie manager is advisable
as well as a password keeper, with which you can store and copy/paste all
info you wish to insert on a web page. This makes the process a little
easier and much more secure. It is, as you've stated, much *much* better to
suffer the slight inconvenience rather than subject yourself to such risks
as are involved.

Hark

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "HeyBub" <heybub@gmail.com>
>
>> What are the most common causes for web sites to NOT remember me
>> (name/password) when told to do so by checking their web form?
>>
>> In IE, I've got "Privacy" set to medium and "Override automatic
>> cookie
>> handling" unchecked.
>>
>> It's a bummer to re-enter that stuff each time.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> For security reasons, a "bummer" is better. Otherwise anyone who has
> physical access to your PC can access your online accounts. Is that
> what you want ?

Yes, that's what I want. Exactly what I want. In the words of some forgotten
philosopher: "You bet!"

Let me rephrase my request: I would like for my machine to remember my
account names and passwords. Period. Any consequences of this condition are
completely irrelevant. I don't care, nor would anyone else.

No one has physical access to my computer. No one can access online accounts
from my computer and, even if they could, I doubt they would gain much from
being able to read the New York Times that they couldn't gain on their own.

Thank you for your concern, but it is entirely misplaced.

so then, did you read my post and try my suggestions?
again, enable auto complete, click on the 'remember me' option on your
chosen sites, and check to see if your IE settings are set to 'clear cookies
and temp files every time you close your browser.
From your IE toolbar, go to help>cookies> then click on each item under
'cookies' to learn how each setting affects your browsing and the risks
involved.
Autocomplete settings can be found on your tool bar>content tab.

"lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
> so then, did you read my post and try my suggestions?
> again, enable auto complete, click on the 'remember me' option on your
> chosen sites, and check to see if your IE settings are set to 'clear
> cookies and temp files every time you close your browser.
> From your IE toolbar, go to help>cookies> then click on each item under
> 'cookies' to learn how each setting affects your browsing and the risks
> involved.
> Autocomplete settings can be found on your tool bar>content tab.

That was supposed to be, AutoComplete can be found on the toolbar>internet
options>content tab..sorry

lvee wrote:
> so then, did you read my post and try my suggestions?

Yes and yes.

But I wasn't responding to you.

> lvee wrote:
>> so then, did you read my post and try my suggestions?
>
> Yes and yes.
>
> But I wasn't responding to you.

But it *is* a valid question, to which you responded rudely. Ivee took the
time to answer your question in a manner which *wasn't* "entirely
misplaced", yet not only do you not have the basic social skills to say
'thanks', you answer rudely and sarcastically. The irony is that, although
your attitude suggests you believe you know it all, your responses to those
who would help you reveals the reality, as does the simple nature of your
question.

Hark