MN700 Network & Apple Airport

The last time I posted, I was talking up the MN710 USB adaptor as a
great wardrive tool. Still is.

Now, I have an MN700 that works xx times better than the L*****s
WCG200from the cable company, distance-wise.

Tonight I installed an Airport card in an iBook (300mhz, OS X ) and it
found the SSID, asked for the WEP key and connected. No hassles. Great
product.
2 answers Last reply
More about mn700 network apple airport

    these use the identical broadcom radios... strange that the distance
    would be that much better.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    The linksys is capped at 5 LAN IPs, I'd say that it is also is capped
    at 25 feet. Techs that install the things complain about the poor
    reception (I work at comcast).

    Serious, the neighbor's NetGear gave me a better signal than the
    linksys.

    "Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows]" <barb@nospam.com> wrote:

    >these use the identical broadcom radios... strange that the distance
    >would be that much better.
    >
    >On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:51:58 GMT, Justice Gustine
    ><justicegustine@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The last time I posted, I was talking up the MN710 USB adaptor as a
    >>great wardrive tool. Still is.
    >>
    >>Now, I have an MN700 that works xx times better than the L*****s
    >>WCG200from the cable company, distance-wise.
    >>
    >>Tonight I installed an Airport card in an iBook (300mhz, OS X ) and it
    >>found the SSID, asked for the WEP key and connected. No hassles. Great
    >>product.

Routers Networking