Invalid Product key

I've repaired my corrupted version of XP media center 2004 with a media 2005
installation. But neither Product Key are considered valid, so I'm fairly
screwed.
Any other ideas?
9 answers Last reply
More about invalid product

    Contact the vendor you purchased it from for assistance.

    Chris Whitfield wrote:

    > I've repaired my corrupted version of XP media center 2004 with a media 2005
    > installation. But neither Product Key are considered valid, so I'm fairly
    > screwed.
    > Any other ideas?

    Hi,

    Did you use the same product key that was used for the initial installation
    during your repair instsallation?

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Chris Whitfield" <ChrisWhitfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:AFD98E85-41F2-4EB3-B11B-C7EE3E8998FF@microsoft.com...
    > I've repaired my corrupted version of XP media center 2004 with a media
    > 2005
    > installation. But neither Product Key are considered valid, so I'm fairly
    > screwed.
    > Any other ideas?

    Yes, and I spoke to the vendor. He says I'm screwed and that I should
    reinstall the original disk, which would waste my operating system setup etc.

    Chris Whitfield wrote:
    > Yes, and I spoke to the vendor. He says I'm screwed and that I should
    > reinstall the original disk, which would waste my operating system
    > setup etc.

    This is the vender you got WXPMC05 from that told you that you are
    screwed?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Actually the WXPMC05 is a trial version with a 60days key.

    "kurttrail" wrote:

    > Chris Whitfield wrote:
    > > Yes, and I spoke to the vendor. He says I'm screwed and that I should
    > > reinstall the original disk, which would waste my operating system
    > > setup etc.
    > >

    > This is the vender you got WXPMC05 from that told you that you are
    > screwed?
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    So what are you gonna do in 60 days..........reinstall the original which
    will waste your present set up..
    back to square one.
    peterk

    the problem
    "Chris Whitfield" <ChrisWhitfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:C336E4B9-55B6-4B9D-BD1E-A0A75BBC3A95@microsoft.com...

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:17:40 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
    wrote:

    >So what are you gonna do in 60 days..........reinstall the original which
    >will waste your present set up..
    >back to square one.
    >peterk

    Sound like he needs to sue the vendor and get his money back for
    tricking him into buying it. Ask him to provide a free legal copy of
    retail xp with a receipt or you are going to report him/her to
    microsoft for piracy violation.

    Greg Ro

    I, bought Windows XP Pro. Upgrade and took to a Shop for them to Install.
    When I, got back and went to Windows Update ---it, told me, I had "Invalid
    Copy" Of Windows because of the, Key that, was used. My, Question is--Can I,
    replace Key, without Formating all my, both Hard Drives and Re-Installing
    Windows XP Pro. from scratch? I, look forward to your, answers---ASAP.

    TNTEAD wrote:

    > I, bought Windows XP Pro. Upgrade and took to a Shop for them to Install.
    > When I, got back and went to Windows Update ---it, told me, I had "Invalid
    > Copy" Of Windows because of the, Key that, was used. My, Question is--Can I,
    > replace Key, without Formating all my, both Hard Drives and Re-Installing
    > Windows XP Pro. from scratch? I, look forward to your, answers---ASAP.

    <snip>

    Repair install will ask for the product key. Input the correct one.
    You will need to go to the windows update site to reinstall any updates.

    Next time don't "hijack" or post onto another thread. Create a new one.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Media Center Microsoft Windows XP