I installed a USB Flash drive which shows up in Device Manager but not in My
Computer. I followed the following procedure:

START
Control Panel
Performance and Maintanence
Administrative Tools
Computer Management
Disk Management

The next step is to Rt Clk on the drive but the drive is not listed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bob

PS Other USB devices are working.

Open Device Manager and uninstall it from there,reboot and plug-in the
USB Flash drive now,the system should detect it.
Otherwise,you may try a different port.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

ram085 wrote:
> I installed a USB Flash drive which shows up in Device Manager but not in My
> Computer. I followed the following procedure:
>
> START
> Control Panel
> Performance and Maintanence
> Administrative Tools
> Computer Management
> Disk Management
>
> The next step is to Rt Clk on the drive but the drive is not listed.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Bob
>
> PS Other USB devices are working.

"S.Sengupta"

Thanks for the prompt reply. Your suggestion to uninstall etc. came back
with the same result. I then followed your suggestion to try another port. I
had done that befor with no luck. This time I swaped with a port that was in
use and both worked.
The letter designations were wrong but it was easy to correct.
Tahnks again, Bob

Most welcome and good luck. :eek:)

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

ram085 wrote:

> "S.Sengupta"
>

> Thanks for the prompt reply. Your suggestion to uninstall etc. came back
> with the same result. I then followed your suggestion to try another port. I
> had done that befor with no luck. This time I swaped with a port that was in
> use and both worked.
> The letter designations were wrong but it was easy to correct.
> Tahnks again, Bob

try another usb port