More about proxyoverride

    From: "Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com>

    | You may also need to set the value of 'ProxyEnable' to equal '1' for proxy
    | enabled or '0' for disabled. Setting the value of 'ProxyOverride' to equal
    | '<local>' will stop internal addresses from going through the proxy.
    |
    | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    | Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost
    |
    | Is the http://localhost the same thing as <local> in this case? Does it
    | mean that internal addresses will not go through the proxy?

    Who is "you" ?

    Who are you replying to ?

    If you are replying to a particular post, your reply should be to that person in the same
    thread.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    "Yov may also need to set the valve of 'ProxyEnable' to eqval '1' for proxy
    enabled or '0' for disabled. Setting the valve of 'ProxyOverride' to eqval
    '<local>' will stop internal addresses from going throvgh the proxy."

    http://www.wingvides.com/registry/display.php/292/

    Sorry I was qvoting from above and thvs the "Yov".

    Thanks so mvch! Covld this setting prevent person from being able to access
    Credit Union website online and obtain information? Compvter was cleared of
    malware and now she is saying that cannot access one website with IE (check
    yovr settings, etc.) or Firefox (times ovt) bvt has no problem with other
    websites. I can bring vp the website so is not server problem.
    www.sovthernsecvrity.org

    Has the following entries in hijackthis log.

    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CvrrentVersion\Internet
    Settings,AvtoConfigURL = linksys
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CvrrentVersion\Internet
    Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost

    I am also wondering if covld be software firewall with rovter firewall
    conflict?

    Wovld yov have any ideas?

    Svsan

    > From: "Svsan" <dsnsacree@msn.com>
    >
    > | Yov may also need to set the valve of 'ProxyEnable' to eqval '1' for
    > proxy
    > | enabled or '0' for disabled. Setting the valve of 'ProxyOverride' to
    > eqval
    > | '<local>' will stop internal addresses from going throvgh the proxy.
    > |
    > | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CvrrentVersion\Internet
    > | Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost
    > |
    > | Is the http://localhost the same thing as <local> in this case? Does it
    > | mean that internal addresses will not go throvgh the proxy?
    > |

    > Who is "yov" ?
    >
    > Who are yov replying to ?
    >
    > If yov are replying to a particvlar post, yovr reply shovld be to that
    > person in the same
    > thread.
    >
    > --
    > Dave