Problem in logging out of the Windows Xp Newsgroupsite

Ever since I registered in this newsgroup I faced a problem in logging out.
When I press the "signout" then again the same screen appears and nothing
happens.Then i have to close down the window.

Is it due to some problem in my explorer settings..?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem logging windows newsgroupsite

    Anuj Jain wrote:
    > Ever since I registered in this newsgroup I faced a problem in
    > logging out. When I press the "signout" then again the same screen
    > appears and nothing happens.Then i have to close down the window.
    >
    > Is it due to some problem in my explorer settings..?

    Don't use the web interface.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Anuj Jain wrote:

    > Ever since I registered in this newsgroup I faced a problem in logging
    > out. When I press the "signout" then again the same screen appears and
    > nothing happens.Then i have to close down the window.
    >
    > Is it due to some problem in my explorer settings..?

    The problems are because you are using the web interface, which is
    awful. Use a newsreader instead.

    Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
    really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
    learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
    but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
    some links to information about newsgroups:

    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
    explanation of newsgroups
    http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
    - Set Up Newsreader

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
    working properly
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    crossposting