Sign in with
Your question

Q500 optical serial mouse, has anyone tried one?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 17, 2009 7:29:54 AM

I have been thinking about buying a Q500 optical mouse on ebay. Its a serial mouse. The guy has pics up and he has a good ebay reputation.

It comes with a mouse pad, and the mouse.

I want to purchase it for an old windows 98 PC running 98 SE I tinker with occasionally. I saw it on ebay and its only $9 so I figured what the hell Iwould give it a try. I have only seen a few posts on the net where it was mentioned and it was all positive.

Have any of you ever used a Q500 optical serial mouse in the past? If so what was the quality. I dont expect it to be as good as todays optical/laser mice/mouse whatever.
February 19, 2010 7:01:31 PM

Did anyone ever answer or did you get one? I'm thinking exactly what you were thinking a while back...
Related resources
March 1, 2010 1:48:51 AM

I'm thinking of getting it too! My concern is drivers. Did either of you guys find drivers for it? Or are drivers not necessary? I plan to use it also for Win98 SE computer.
March 16, 2010 6:09:05 AM

darussiaman16 said:
I'm thinking of getting it too! My concern is drivers. Did either of you guys find drivers for it? Or are drivers not necessary? I plan to use it also for Win98 SE computer.

No drivers needed for windows 98. Buy it here. http://www.pcrproinc.com/servlet/t [...] IAL/Detail
March 16, 2010 6:09:07 AM

hscholte said:
Did anyone ever answer or did you get one? I'm thinking exactly what you were thinking a while back...

No drivers needed for windows 98. Buy it here. http://www.pcrproinc.com/servlet/t [...] IAL/Detail
Anonymous
March 17, 2010 2:40:02 AM

I need a serial port mouse for a windows 95 computer that we use for special applications at work. I saw that no drivers are needed for 98 but how about for windows 95???
March 17, 2010 7:16:24 AM

i am pretty sure none are needed.. if any are needed they are the standard Microsoft one
December 12, 2011 5:09:36 PM

12-2011 Bought a couple of these things.... they are a bit unusual. They have 2 sensors in the bottom which look at the horz and vert lines on the supplied mouse pad. They cannot be used on any other surface. One came without the glider feet on the bottom of the mouse, but it is a spare for me (a piece of old equipment which uses serial mouse for all input), so it works pretty well.
!